Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/X69JfWN.png

Well guess our 4 set won't be that bad after all.
    I feel like something is amiss...529%?
    Elemental Shaman Armory: Holozoic

10+ Year Old Account

These numbers look fair to me. Nice work Blizzard. Hahaha.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenzb View Post
    Not that I do not believe you, but is there a source?
    It was a while ago, so I can't recall the sources. But I remember coming up to 6.1, there were some devs talking about how they were going to have major changes coming to shamans, with Ele's mobility being an example. As 6.1 approached, IIRC, there was a tweet saying that we wouldn't see these major changes until 6.2 as they required more work.

I'm assuming it's going to be pushed until next xpac though.

I dont have the ability to download the PTR atm. Mind linking pictures of the ele/resto spec trinkets (if you have the specs handy)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatic View Post
    Here are the trinkets for Ele/Resto:

Ele: http://puu.sh/hdk1F/301633524c.jpg

Resto: http://puu.sh/hdk18/ffcd90c77a.jpg
    Luh yu, Sigmatic. <3

Those trinkets seem to be in the direction or diablo loot, also the ele trinket seems really bad I hope its changed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Storing crap in a hole is pretty easy and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Aht View Post
    The Healtrinket seems very awesome spreading all riptides and spotheal with surge/wave or Chainheal this opens a new playstyle with the Cloudburst totem.
    While having extra RTs out will be nice, I don't see it and solely it enabling Cloudburst. Especially with Chain Heal becoming even more mind numbingly easy to use. The trinket and current tier bonuses help to strengthen High Tide as well, don't forget.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    So much for that overhaul of Shamans blizz promised coming into WoD. They were saying we would have it by 6.2. I guess it could still be in the works, but I'm starting to doubt that.
    Honestly, Echo of the Elements in 6.1 was a game-changer. The combat feels better than it did for all of MoP. The numbers might not be where we'd like them, and totems are still lame, but that Echo revamp mid-expansion was a genuine surprise and a serious change.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

I did notice that there is a new glyph for Ascendance form.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Storing crap in a hole is pretty easy and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatic View Post
    Here are the trinkets for Ele/Resto:

Ele: http://puu.sh/hdk1F/301633524c.jpg

Resto: http://puu.sh/hdk18/ffcd90c77a.jpg

Those look breathtakingly underwhelming. Resto one looks kind of cool but...I really can't see them being better than a flat Int trinket with a MS/Haste proc. Or any type of proc, really. As long as its flat int.

possible crit build for resto with the t18 bonuses?
    Last edited by caelym; 2015-04-14 at 05:29 AM.

Finally they're fixing Chain Heal. The spell used to be interesting back before they added the Riptide synergy, back when you actually picked a target that needed the healing, but that inane synergy ruined it. I had hopes that they'd fix it when they added the WoD perk for 50% extra healing on the primary target, but with High Tide it was still just a smart AoE heal with a token targeted heal up front. Right now you get pretty much the same healing done by Chain Heal if you pick a low health non-Riptide target to do actual healing as if you just pick a full health Riptide target for the buff.

I don't really see why people think this will somehow make Chain Heal more mindless. If anything, effectively limiting our choice of targets to ones with Riptide is what made the spell completely brain dead. Now we get to use it to actually heal people again, rather than just targeting HoTs and letting the smart healing algorithm sort out the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    So much for that overhaul of Shamans blizz promised coming into WoD. They were saying we would have it by 6.2. I guess it could still be in the works, but I'm starting to doubt that.
    For resto, I think the new Echo of the Elements pretty much fixed the spec by reducing the "click this on cooldown" spam. Removing the Riptide synergy from Chain Heal fixes another one of the main problems I have. Just fix the talent tree and make Healing Stream Totem less boring, and it's perfect, and I get that they don't want to do a major talent overhaul mid-expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by caelym View Post
    possible crit build for resto with the t18 bonuses?
    Unlikely. It'll make crit a little better, but buffing one spell won't be significant enough to threaten mastery.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    For resto, I think the new Echo of the Elements pretty much fixed the spec by reducing the "click this on cooldown" spam. Removing the Riptide synergy from Chain Heal fixes another one of the main problems I have. Just fix the talent tree and make Healing Stream Totem less boring, and it's perfect, and I get that they don't want to do a major talent overhaul mid-expansion.

Unlikely. It'll make crit a little better, but buffing one spell won't be significant enough to threaten mastery.
    QFT /10chars

Deleted
    Considering how other classes got buffed and shamans got nerfed its clear blizzard really hates us.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusiusStark View Post
    Considering how other classes got buffed and shamans got nerfed its clear blizzard really hates us.
    Many, MANY specs got considerable nerfs besides Shaman.

Relax, friend. First wave of datamining and testing. Plenty of time for changes.

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    "Item - Shaman T18 Elemental 4P Bonus (New) For 5 Lightning Shield charges consumed, you conjure a Lightning Vortex near your location. Running through the Lightning Vortex will increase your total haste by 15% for until cancelled."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
    That sounds awesome as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor shaman complex. Shammys are starting to look like the most emo class in wow. Plenty of specs were nerfed. Ele is nerfed sliiiiightly. Actually I'm hoping this puts haste closer to multistrike. I thought MS was going to be cool when I first heard about it. Now I'm over it. So boring. Faster casting=mo' fun

Deleted
    Victim complex. Ele is nerfed sliiiiightly.
    Stockholm syndrome.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil, at this point I'd suggest a riot.

If you want to see something truly absurd go look at the feral trinket.