Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[6.2] Initial Thoughts & Discussion

Thoughts?

The mastery nerf to shadow priest is litterally mind boggling when shadow underperforms on single target so heavily already

Tier set bonuses appear to be wrong from initial looks of it

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably would wait for some number crunching before I jump to conclusions. considering mastery down from 25% to 22.5% might not hit us that much. plus, it's not set in stone yet.

Tier bonus placeholder for sure .

I like the mount shadow form change.

I hate the mount shadowform change. Stupid change. Removes a bit of our uniqueness. I don't want to have to glyph it because I don't like my pets in shadowform.

Blizzard hasn't even begun to think about Shadow yet re: 6.2. They're going to get to us last and it will probably be as slap-dash and last-minute as usual. Grass continues to grow, birds continue to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to see if there will be change to VEnt

Looks like they are also nerfing Cascade.

"Cascade Launch a Shadowy bolt that grows in power with distance, damaging an enemy for up to [ 183.6% of Spell Power ], and then bouncing to additional enemies 4 times. Each time it bounces, it splits into 2 bolts, never damaging the same target twice."

Kinda sad about this - as a shadow priest main, I feel pretty underpowered as it is, rarely even able to match other classes of the same item level. It's well-known that our DPS parses were already low-middle per ilvl bracket, so I hope there is more/good news soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathe View Post
    Looks like they are also nerfing Cascade.

"Cascade Launch a Shadowy bolt that grows in power with distance, damaging an enemy for up to [ 183.6% of Spell Power ], and then bouncing to additional enemies 4 times. Each time it bounces, it splits into 2 bolts, never damaging the same target twice."

Kinda sad about this - as a shadow priest main, I feel pretty underpowered as it is, rarely even able to match other classes of the same item level. It's well-known that our DPS parses were already low-middle per ilvl bracket, so I hope there is more/good news soon.
    No, I'm pretty sure its a tooltip update for whatever reason. Read it again.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-04-14 at 04:16 AM.

I hope the new garrison building isn't just "unlock these new missions... yay!" and actually has some choices. But I'm kinda bummed out about removing aspect of the fox and amplify magic.

I hate the look of the new tier.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

15+ Year Old Account
    Those wings on the tier are going to be HUGE on male spacegoat, might switch for funnzies.

The mastery nerf seems to be because of our class trinket I think

Mind Flay damage applies Mental Fatigue to the target, increasing damage taken from Mind spells by (135 / 100)% for 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    Thoughts?

The mastery nerf to shadow priest is litterally mind boggling when shadow underperforms on single target so heavily already

Yeah, this. Am I doing something abysmally wrong, or is Spriest currently a bad warlock made out of wet cardboard? I get on my affllock and effortlessly own elites with my VW tanking, I get on my spriest and I have to kite like crazy in order to not get flattened by a couple of regular level 100 mobs. Is it me?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly surprised more people aren't angry about the Shadowform change. I fucking love making my mounts look all cool and shadowy. Was this even a problem? Why change it? ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    I'm honestly surprised more people aren't angry about the Shadowform change. I fucking love making my mounts look all cool and shadowy. Was this even a problem? Why change it? ._.
    Effect to add shadow to your mount is added to the glyph that makes your pets shadow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    Thoughts?

I think that maybe the slight nerf to Mastery might be because of this:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124519/b...rinket&bonus=0

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I think that maybe the slight nerf to Mastery might be because of this:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124519/b...rinket&bonus=0
    Right, but if that trinket paired with our existing mastery would be too strong, isn't the way to do it to nerf the trinket that nobody's even seen yet? Why nerf every priest and then tell them they can make up for the nerf as soon as this trinket drops for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Exactly this. Why o why Blizz sense you make none.
    and then the 10% mastery nerf. they buff almost every single class .. time to be at the bottom of the meters again!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Right, but if that trinket paired with our existing mastery would be too strong, isn't the way to do it to nerf the trinket that nobody's even seen yet? Why nerf every priest and then tell them they can make up for the nerf as soon as this trinket drops for them?
    not to mention it drops from boss 13. which could be me but aint that the last boss in the bloody raid. AKA Archimonde.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Exactly this. Why o why Blizz sense you make none.
    and then the 10% mastery nerf. they buff almost every single class .. time to be at the bottom of the meters again!!

- - - Updated - - -

not to mention it drops from boss 13. which could be me but aint that the last boss in the bloody raid. AKA Archimonde.
    We don't even know the tier bonuses, its the same reason the other classes might off got knocked down on something because the tier bonuses are going to be strong.

What do people think about the Disc trinket? It seems absolutely mad and encourages a different kind of rotation with possibly more PoH. Decreases our HPS charts most likely since it doesn't seem to be an absorb but a straight up % decrease in dmg taken.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Exactly.. for pvpers who (like me) don't even care about raiding get a 10% nerf cus of pve trinket?...

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Exactly.. for pvpers who (like me) don't even care about raiding get a 10% nerf cus of pve trinket?...
    They just need to realise PvE and PvP can be balanced either separately, or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossa View Post
    What do people think about the Disc trinket? It seems absolutely mad and encourages a different kind of rotation with possibly more PoH. Decreases our HPS charts most likely since it doesn't seem to be an absorb but a straight up % decrease in dmg taken.
    It's fucking bananas if that thing makes it live. The holy one on the other hand, I think is lacking. Sanctuary and Heal are two things that don't generally go together that well, so I'm confused.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-04-14 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s