Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    They just need to realise PvE and PvP can be balanced either separately, or not at all.
    I agree, just seems off.. I mean is that trinket a BiS even for pvpers you think? It will suck big time if it will. Ilvl seem to go up anyway so w might be srewed double there.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124233/b...et-3&bonus=567

Shard of woe v2, slightly overbudget as well right now when you can get 11.15% haste passively from a single item. The priest specific trinket doesn't seem very interesting right now for both healing specializations.

Yeah well, I would wait till there are more specific changes, not datamined something... but:

- Nerfing shadow even more, really Blizzard?
    - Cascade kinda get buffed, which is good.
    - Tier set looks are beyond awfulness. I got used to the fact that since Cata priest tier sets look like shit, but seriously, this is beyond all limits. Why is it so hard to draw something that has no fucking mitra and/or dumb wings? We are not a class of flying popes, god damn it. Look at t3, t6, t5, t8. That is how a priest tier should look like.
    - Shadow form not applied to mounts without small glyph - what the fuck? And what if I want my mount to be shadowformed while I don't want my pets to be shadowformed? Not to mention that - really, is shadowformed mount a biggest shadowpriest problem at the moment? Seriously, Blizzard, what the fuck??
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post

Shard of woe v2, slightly overbudget as well right now when you can get 11.15% haste passively from a single item. The priest specific trinket doesn't seem very interesting right now for both healing specializations.
    that trinket is getting changed 100% tbh, it's way too strong

also probably bis for arcane mages

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndrianne View Post
    I hate the look of the new tier.
    I do too, but apply this sentiment to most of the tier sets post-Burning Crusade.

Unrelated to Priests, I'm curious if raiding guilds will force all their non-Int dps to use the tank ring. The normal dps rings grant (effectively) +10% damage. The tank rings grant +10% damage, damage reduction and healing received/cast (due to Versatility + ability) plus the damage spreading. Seems that this trumps the negative of wasting stat points on Bonus Armor.

On the other hand, the healer ring is questionable. If you've got 5 healers, having one randomly receive a +50% healing/absorb buff every 12 sec doesn't seem all that useful compared to adding to the pool of the wandering +dps buff. Granted, Spirit/Haste is likely to be a lot better than Versatility/Mastery, but it's not like you can't use V/M like dps'rs can't use Bonus Armor.

The Shadow/Holy set bonuses are clearly placeholders/incomplete. The Discipline Priest set bonus can't really be analyzed without more information.

The trinket noted earlier is also obviously a work in process. I doubt many Holy Priests are going to look forward to a trinket that has no stats and comes with the dubious benefit of nerfing their Heal if they have the temerity to step into Sanctuary Chakra.
    Last edited by VigilantRose; 2015-04-14 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    No point really debating any nerfs/buffs at this stage. The trinket however seems to be really awkward. Another item that will give a tiny dps reward for doing a very complicated rotation.

Not really concerned, if you look closely there were mastery nerfs for a bunch of different classes. Boomkins, arcane mages, retadins, sub rouges, and demon warlocks all saw mastery nerfs too. So it's probably safe to assume its a balancing issue because of the way mastery interacts with some new item. Silly to get all worked up this early!

We cant debate now, this is just the first - and incomplete- build of the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    And no nerf or any sort of meaningful change to disc? I guess a one size fits all insta cast healing spell that has max efficiency in all conceivable scenarios isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    And no nerf or any sort of meaningful change to disc? I guess a one size fits all insta cast healing spell that has max efficiency in all conceivable scenarios isn't a problem.
    Basically what bothered me the most about the patch. Are they actually under the impression that disc doesn't need any changes whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post

Saw the trinket. Would've sucked d for it last expansion. But with multistrike attunement and the tier bonus (which I guess won't last in the next tier, but you never know), it's kinda eh atm. Always loved the Spark of Hope type trinkets, so at least glad they gave us another one.

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    Unrelated to Priests, I'm curious if raiding guilds will force all their non-Int dps to use the tank ring. The normal dps rings grant (effectively) +10% damage. The tank rings grant +10% damage, damage reduction and healing received/cast (due to Versatility + ability) plus the damage spreading. Seems that this trumps the negative of wasting stat points on Bonus Armor.

On the other hand, the healer ring is questionable. If you've got 5 healers, having one randomly receive a +50% healing/absorb buff every 12 sec doesn't seem all that useful compared to adding to the pool of the wandering +dps buff. Granted, Spirit/Haste is likely to be a lot better than Versatility/Mastery, but it's not like you can't use V/M like dps'rs can't use Bonus Armor.

The Shadow/Holy set bonuses are clearly placeholders/incomplete. The Discipline Priest set bonus can't really be analyzed without more information.

The trinket noted earlier is also obviously a work in process. I doubt many Holy Priests are going to look forward to a trinket that has no stats and comes with the dubious benefit of nerfing their Heal if they have the temerity to step into Sanctuary Chakra.
    There's no way that ring effect is making it to live. I can see trade chat now: LFM 10 DPS for Citadel, 5 fire mages with legendary ring, rest any class without it.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    - Tier set looks are beyond awfulness. I got used to the fact that since Cata priest tier sets look like shit, but seriously, this is beyond all limits. Why is it so hard to draw something that has no fucking mitra and/or dumb wings? We are not a class of flying popes, god damn it. Look at t3, t6, t5, t8. That is how a priest tier should look like.
    Well, I mean, t3/5 both had wings, and t6/8 were hoodies. Personally, I don't HATE the set, but I don't love it either. Looks too much like SoO with the Dragon Soul pattern. Buuuuuuut, on the bright side, Apostle of Argus 2.0!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-04-14 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    We cant debate now, this is just the first - and incomplete- build of the patch.
    THIS. The only priest related 6.2-change that we can already now expect to go live unchanged is the tier set appearance.

Also, I can't imagine Holy Nova remaining useless for the rest of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aljung View Post
    Also, I can't imagine Holy Nova remaining useless for the rest of the expansion.
    I really hope they do something with HN. I mean, they brought it back and made it something worth using for a bit and it would really help with some diversity in Disc spell usage. Seems silly to work on bringing it back then scrap it for the rest of the xpack. Our toolkit is incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Well, I mean, t3/5 both had wings, and t6/8 were hoodies. Personally, I don't HATE the set, but I don't love it either. Looks too much like SoO with the Dragon Soul pattern. Buuuuuuut, on the bright side, Apostle of Argus 2.0!
    Yeah well. You can't really compare t3 holy wings or t5 angelic wings to the crap we have on next tier. Both t3 and t5 shoulders were screaming priest when you look at it. Next tier wings scream "I can't draw priest tier sets, nor I do understand what priest is". Thanks god we have transmog. If I had to play a character geared in that shit, I would instantly cancel my sub.

Love the new Apostle of Argus tho.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Next tier wings scream "I can't draw priest tier sets, nor I do understand what priest is". Thanks god we have transmog. If I had to play a character geared in that shit, I would instantly cancel my sub.
    I loled!
    Shit is ugly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick a fucking fork in WoW, its done. My sub dollars are going to EvE Online now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post

In ALL likelihood, they are going to restrict the proc to activating in tank roles only. Many things in this game already do that.

Quote Originally Posted by aljung View Post
    Because Holy Nova has been useful at some point since it's implementation in 1.10 (or 1.11?)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Because Holy Nova has been useful at some point since it's implementation in 1.10 (or 1.11?)?
    The only time Holy Nova has EVER been useful:

And 6.0 Siege, if you count it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Maybe the set bonus will be another thing that builds up a lot of Serendipity. Sanctuary and Heal is fine if you've got a couple stacks of that.