Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Glad to read it's removed. I feel fox provided near zero utility outside of highly coordinated groups.
    any group with ranged dps and a hunter with a brain got utility from fox.

I feel Fox could have been given charge/recharge similar to battle rez and be in a fine place. Just have the recharge and cooldown match, so there is zero need to stack, and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Adding a cooldown for the top 1% of progression raiders right on the heels of an ability prune was nothing short of awkward from the get-go. Only thing that surprises me is it being removed halfway through the expansion.
    Yeah. Blanket nerfs to compensate for new toys is the theme thus far of 6.2 class balancing.

what are they replacing it with? anything? then what is the point in playing sv? no raid utility. no finishing move thingy. how boring

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Who uses smoke bomb?
    Any guild that doesn't suck and actually uses the most of it's raid comp.

Deleted
    Well Fox only distracts me and damn mages do even more damage with it
    Well deserved remove coz every one cry about Hunter OPnes in PvP
    PS
    WTB pet with summon

Ranged DPS specs should not have raid CDs. They're already favored just by being ranged. That said, Fox was an interesting CD, too bad it was way too good when used properly(which could've been fixed in other ways, but I have no problem with a ranged spec losing a raid CD)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Good bye Garrison Hartstone Shenanigans when ten Lolwynn Allies try to gank me *cry*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I won't miss it since I never used it anyway.
    speaking like a true nelf huntard.

Its sad to see more utility getting gutted.

I know my raid group which had 4-5 hunters were always using it on any movement phases. We pretty much chained them together which as people pointed out is the real issue. I am not surprised its gone but I think they could have at least tried tuning it/restricting it.

Deleted
    The amount of bad hunters in this thread terrifies me. Fox is amazing.

None of those classes are being brought because of that utility though. When was the last time you brought a warrior for Rallying Cry? Shaman AG is useless now. Smoke bomb? Who uses smoke bomb?

If anything, the only real raid utility brought by a DPS spec these days is Bop from ret paladins.
    Are you telling me no one uses smoke bomb, srsly? Sure, classes are being brought due to dps, but if there is a lack of cds, guess whos is being benched.
    If there's a lack of dps, the person(s) doing the least dmg will be benched, bit if dps isn't an issue and ppl are dieing to massive unavoidable dmg, ppl with no cds will be benched for a class that can bring some sort of cd to help the raid.
    You're not seeing many windwalkers raiding, I guess that says something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenexa View Post
    The amount of bad hunters in this thread terrifies me. Fox is amazing.

Sad to say it, but you're right.

Most bosses have one job where a hunter can do it either better or more productive than other classes, I don't see us being benched for us losing fox.

Guilds were fine with 2-3 hunters before fox. They'll be fine with 2-3 hunters after fox. Sure, some scumlordy guilds only recruited hunters for fox and then will bench them but those are by far the minority.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Listen, I exaggerated for effect. Obviously good groups use smoke bomb. We use it on Gruul slices, for example. But the point is no one is bringing rogues because "ohno we need smoke bomb!" It's literally a 10% reduction, which is the shitty part of an SLT from a rshaman. If rogues are brought for any utility they have, it's for cloak of shadows cheesing, and feint+elusiveness. Not for their "raid utility."

The point is, Fox/Amp were much stronger than any raid utility brought by any other DPS spec, and thus I'm not surprised it is being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    We pretty much chained them together which as people pointed out is the real issue.
    Wasn't this the entire purpose of the spell? And so they removed it because it was being used as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Wasn't this the entire purpose of the spell? And so they removed it because it was being used as intended?
    The purpose was to give casters and healers a few seconds of being able to move and pew pew. Not with what my group does and chain 5 together during something like gruuls destructive rampage or H&F's random stamper phase

None of those classes are being brought because of that utility though. When was the last time you brought a warrior for Rallying Cry? Shaman AG is useless now. Smoke bomb? Who uses smoke bomb?

If anything, the only real raid utility brought by a DPS spec these days is Bop from ret paladins.
    My guild used it as part of our 1337 two pillar strat on Kromog before we realized we were idiots.

Fox is a near requirement for the first phase of Mythic Blackhand (big surprise, most of the Hunters in this thread who "never used it" will also never see this encounter); add in the extra utility Hunters provide elsewhere and it's pretty easy to see why they're removing it in 6.2. It was a great spell but way too powerful in a world where Blizzard themselves stated they wanted to lessen reliance on class-specific cooldowns.

Deleted
    Sure anyone will notice how interesting sv is after fox removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well deserved remove coz every one cry about Hunter OPnes in PvP
    Just because people cry doesn't make it deserved.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2015-04-16 at 07:25 AM.