Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Goodbye, Aspect of the Fox.

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.co...&v=oxoEpVDGvPE

I will remember you, old friend. As will our Resto Druid who just loved casting Tranq on the move a little bit too much.

Honestly, I thought it was a great idea when they implemented it. However, combined with the absolute gutting of every other DPS's raid utility, it was a bit much.

Today's Fox with yesterday's DPS shaman's AG and ret pally devos and warrior skull banners = probably fair trade offs. Now, fox is clearly too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    All it needed was a shared internal CD so it couldn't be chained :'( !!
    When that drood was casting tranq.. I felt like it was ME!! (((
    I felt like more than just a bit of meat used to run tracks and soak everything..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Next up, aspect of the pack? Plz plz plz
    That will never happen lol. And I bet the removal of Fox was a 100% PvP decision, because they couldn't figure out how to make it not apply to hearthstoning and mounting.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That will never happen lol. And I bet the removal of Fox was a 100% PvP decision, because they couldn't figure out how to make it not apply to hearthstoning and mounting.
    So you are saying the removed it because people used it to HS and mount?!!!! and how does that effect pvp? you will be in combat and you can't hs in arenas and bgs. It has nothing to do with pvp .

It was either remove it or give it to more players. And seeing as it could make some mechanics unintentionaly trivial, this is the better choice.

You won't be missed, what's next ? Misdirection ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It was either remove it or give it to more players. And seeing as it could make some mechanics unintentionaly trivial, this is the better choice.
    I missed the part in the notes where they removed Starfall or feint, since they also make some mechanics trivial.

I also can't buy Escha's pov. We are back to the old model where hunters and mages are the only classes with no raid utility.

I mean, I don't really care about niches or whatnot, i'd like to be on even ground with every other caster. But there's not a solid reason for removing it, other than "we feel like removing it". I'm pretty sure they will give the exact same reason for it's removal that was used for it's implementation, just turned around as they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    I missed the part in the notes where they removed Starfall or feint, since they also make some mechanics trivial.

I also can't buy Escha's pov. We are back to the old model where hunters and mages are the only classes with no raid utility.

I mean, I don't really care about niches or whatnot, i'd like to be on even ground with every other caster. But there's not a solid reason for removing it, other than "we feel like removing it". I'm pretty sure they will give the exact same reason for it's removal that was used for it's implementation, just turned around as they always do.

Mages have amp magic/lust and hunter get to do the random soaking/moving a lot/kitting etc.
    So yeah, no raid utility at all.
    Tell me again what do warlock bring as raid utility ? (inb4 lol gate)

Goodbie raid utility. All buffs are covered, now we are just an dmg dealer only class.
    Warriors have raid cd;
    shamans have healing cd;
    druids have healing cd + utility (stampede);
    rogues have raid cd;
    locks have limited raid utility (portals)
    dks have utility in the form of aoe grips or amz;
    palas have def cds + a bit offheal;
    priests have a situational mass dispell and raid cd

hunters, mages and monks(windwalker) bring damage to the raid, and that's it. Hunters can provide a missing buff, though if your setup lacks a certain buff, something is wrong. Mages bring BL/Heroism, though hunters and shamans already do that, monks (dps) I think they bring nothing other than 10% movement speed.
    Oh well, no more assigns for fox, so full on dps on the right target and that's it.

Disclaimer: I'm probably forgetting some abilities, 10 am and @work, so bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by panda142 View Post
    Mages have amp magic/lust and hunter get to do the random soaking/moving a lot/kitting etc.
    So yeah, no raid utility at all.
    Tell me again what do warlock bring as raid utility ? (inb4 lol gate)
    Mages lost amplify magic as well.
    Hunters kiting, erm, hunters are not the only ones able to kite. a DK can kite as well (talented and frost).
    the locks's lolgate is still useful, if your guild doesnt use it their loss.
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2015-04-14 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    And I bet the removal of Fox was a 100% PvP decision, because they couldn't figure out how to make it not apply to hearthstoning and mounting.
    You realize you just called a bunch of devs stupid ? So they can easily figure out how to remove edge cases from Ice Floes, which is basically the same spell on a personal level, but they can't do it for a 40 yard one because reasons ?

Quote Originally Posted by chiflutz View Post
    You realize you just called a bunch of devs stupid ? So they can easily figure out how to remove edge cases from Ice Floes, which is basically the same spell on a personal level, but they can't do it for a 40 yard one because reasons ?

Looks that way.

Deleted
    Wasn't for pvp. Was a pve decision. See how OP hunters are on blackhand mythic? They obviously don't want that to happen in the next tier.

Like they said a cooldown becomes problematic if it results into stacking multiple of the same class, and they finally kept their word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to read it's removed. I feel fox provided near zero utility outside of highly coordinated groups.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Goodbie raid utility. All buffs are covered, now we are just an dmg dealer only class.
    Warriors have raid cd;
    shamans have healing cd;
    rogues have raid cd;

hunters, mages and monks(windwalker) bring damage to the raid, and that's it. Hunters can provide a missing buff, though if your setup lacks a certain buff, something is wrong. Mages bring BL/Heroism, though hunters and shamans already do that, monks (dps) I think they bring nothing other than 10% movement speed.
    Oh well, no more assigns for fox, so full on dps on the right target and that's it.

Disclaimer: I'm probably forgetting some abilities, 10 am and @work, so bear with me.

Hunters kiting, erm, hunters are not the only ones able to kite. a DK can kite as well (talented and frost).
    resto shaman has a healing CD, which is fine because all healers have a CD, if you count AG as a healing CD you're fucking mental, VE from an spriest heals 10-30 times as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    resto shaman has a healing CD, if you count AG as a healing CD you're fucking mental, VE from an spriest heals 10-30 times as much.
    Guess what, it heals more than what a hunter brings (spirit mend). It sure helps while doing maidens mythic boat phase 1 enhanc shaman hitting AG with cds + bl. I mean, it helps in every fight, it is a raid cd, it helps healers (not as much as spriests, sure, but it helps).
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2015-04-14 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Warriors have raid cd;
    shamans have healing cd;
    rogues have raid cd;

None of those classes are being brought because of that utility though. When was the last time you brought a warrior for Rallying Cry? Shaman AG is useless now. Smoke bomb? Who uses smoke bomb?

If anything, the only real raid utility brought by a DPS spec these days is Bop from ret paladins.

Adding a cooldown for the top 1% of progression raiders right on the heels of an ability prune was nothing short of awkward from the get-go. Only thing that surprises me is it being removed halfway through the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    VE from an spriest heals 10-30 times as much.
    VE heals for as much as my 3 minute and I'm a holy priest. It's an issue with VE, not anything else. On some bosses it can heal for as much as, if not more than Tranq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I won't miss it since I never used it anyway.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD