What would you do? And why?

I was part of a Heroic 10m Guild until WoD launched, when we decided to try to move up to Mythic. However, coming from a 10man, we obviously had to recruit a few people more to the group, and since we're a close nit community everyones pretty tight friends.

We've reached the point though, where its becoming impossible to progress because about 1/3 of the current raid group (that are really tight friends with all of us) are just not the best players. What would y'all do in this situation?

Only 2 things I can see to do are:
    1) Try to help them improve with logs and research and shit (which i've been doing for 4 months now and isn't working)
    or
    2) Kick n' Replace.

What would you do and why?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoliith View Post
    What would you do and why?
    1 - First keep helping. Ask for UI screenshots, find weak auras for everything they could possibly need, and stay on them about improving. Direct them to streams/game-play videos for their class/role.

2 - Then find more "trials/recruits" and let it be known that the best 20 will be chosen for the team. This might give those people the wake-up call they need, knowing full well they could lose their spot.

3 - Next, ask if they'd like to stay in guild (because friends) but let them know that they're being benched for better performing players (assuming you have extras or can fill the spots). This will make or break them, knowing they've lost their spot.

4 - If all else fails, kick 'em. Progression comes first, internet friends second.

Do this chronologically! Good luck

I've been in a similar situation. Played with friends, but they weren't great with raids. I couldn't kick them, bench them or leave, everything that I could've done felt wrong because they were friends. Ultimately, they need to understand that raiding requires a certain amount of skill and knowledge, and if they need to be replaced then they shouldn't feel too upset, either they learn or be replaced, it has nothing to do with not wanting them there and if that impacts your friendship with them, then they aren't good friends, or at the very least, they aren't very understanding.

If you can manage to get them to be better raiders, then that would be the best option. Raiding is much more fun when you have your friends with you, if you absolutely cannot help them reach a level that you desire, then replace them, but do so in a way that they understand that it isn't to be mean or anything of that sort. Losing friends over silly things like that can suck.

Deleted
    Play with friends on an alt, preferred an important role like healer/tank, and join another group on your main? Win-win

Thanks for the replies y'all