Deleted

Feedback on BrM Monk nerfs

Blackout Kick now deals 30% less damage.
    Provoke now has a 30 yard range (down from 40 yards).
    Tiger Palm now deals 30% less damage.
    Tiger Strikes no longer triggers from multistrikes, but now provides a 40% increase to Multistrike chance while active.

Blackout Kick no longer increases the Stagger amount for Brewmaster Monks.
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 10% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Deserved? Yes, we needed a nerf. But in my opinion they took it completely the wrong way. Everything that's unhealthy for the spec they've done.

First off, I want to quickly mention that I think the damage nerf from blackoutkick and tigerpalm is out of place, but let's focus now on the Brewmaster specific nerfs:

Blackout Kick no longer increases the Stagger amount for Brewmaster Monks.

So at the start of WoD they nerfed Shuffle from 20% stagger/parry to 10%. To compensate this nerf they gave us 50% armor, which they later buffed to 75%. Now they decided to nerf shuffle to JUST give us 10% parry and to addition to that gave our ox stance EVEN more armor to 125%.

Why is this so bad? - I personally don't even mind taking more damage than before. The point is that they completely took away an active mitigation tool. We're more and more taking over the tanking style of bear tanks, where we just completely rely on avoidance. We're becoming a sack of health with 45% dodge and 10% parry. No this isn't WotlK, this is WoD. Where we actively MITIGATE our damage, where is our mitigation now? We only have on use avoidance now, which is good, don't get me wrong, but takes away the tanking model completely.

TL;DR: Putting in these nerfs not only nerfs our damage and damage taken, but has great effect on our gameplay and the feel of the class.

-------------------

Suggestion:

Completely take away the armor buff from the Ox Stance, we're monks, we're not supposed to have armor. Bring base stagger back to 20% and give shuffle +20% stagger and parry. This will sustain the active mitigation model and also nerf our damage taken compared to how it is now.

Please search or at least look at the topics. It's already being discussed in at least 2 seperate topics
    Yodakai - Brewmaster Monk
    Darkmystica - Protection Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Welcome to Blizzard balancing.
    Take public opinion from 6 months ago, multiply it by factor 2 of crazy, add a 1-20 of RNG and nerf warriors.

Can someone confirm the damage nerfs also apply to MW in Crane stance?

Deleted
    My bear cries for you.