Pros:
    -New and interesting
    - Potential for glory
    - Allows blizzard to execute new type of encounter design

Cons:
    - Too much variance
    - Encourages cheesing
    - Creates class imbalances
    Does it though? Is there anything to assume that we will have the legendary ring before hitting HFC?

I guess you don't know how to read considering it freakin says the proc isn't final on the main page but okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I hope all this whining about the legendary procs doesn't get Blizz to change it.

People who don't want a very unique and interesting mechanic to happen because it's essentially a raid buff and not a personal buff.
    This is my thought. Interesting mechanics are always ruined because people are always too worried about their own personal DPS.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Devs already commented that this is an old design that isn't making it to live. twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/588000022727278592

Guilds were already not taking anyone without up to date legendary cloak progress back in Mists, it's just hilarious that at one point the devs thought that would be a good idea, that guilds would be completely separated by their quest progress. Maybe they do want that, they said the proc would change but didn't say it would change to not increase in potency when around other rings..

I can see their perspective on wanting to reward a raid full of legendaries. However, I absolutely wouldn't want to associate with people who have fallen behind or rerolled their quest, so it sucks for those people. Still, guilds aren't gonna want people who slacked off on the quest no matter what the proc is. May as well make it cool.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    People who don't want a very unique and interesting mechanic to happen because it's essentially a raid buff and not a personal buff.
    No, people don't want it because it's stupid and promotes class stacking like it's no one's business. There's on chance whatsoever of this making live, so you can chillax OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This is my thought. Interesting mechanics are always ruined because people are always too worried about their own personal DPS.
    The idea is fine, but the silly part is splitting it into str/int/agi/heal/tank. They could easily lower the damage each ring gives and just make it dps/tank/heal.As many have said before, as it is now, it promotes class stacking.

Sounds like an interesting mechanic to have in a boss fight. Some part of the encounter that swaps a group buff around.

As a part of MY gear? Unpalatable to say the least.

Well, it's irrelevant since they've said this is an old version of it and it's been changed, but it's boggling how people are saying it promotes class stacking when all we have is the basic idea of it.

And off the top of my head, at a glance - while, yeah, you'd hold cds/resources until you get the proc for massive burst, if you just hold onto your stuff forever waiting for the proc it's going to be an overall loss.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It's gonna be legendary ring or GTFO no matter what the proc is, TBH. They could change it to increase potency when near other legendary rings regardless of the stat type. That would fix class stacking and give raid groups a cool reward for everyone being up to date on their quest.
    One Sweet Dream

If it is another legendary cloak or GTFO fiasco then it is bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I like the idea of boosting your fellow raid members and them boosting you, but its a little unfair for me since in my guild there is only one other strength DPS-er. My guess is that it gets adjusted to account for that otherwise it would be really powerful for some people and not as powerful for others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    If it is another legendary cloak or GTFO fiasco then it is bad idea.
    Curious how it'd possibly be anything else. Unless they make it vanity item only.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephster View Post
    Devs already commented that this is an old design that isn't making it to live. twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/588000022727278592
    Fixed link: http://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/stat...00022727278592

and good news!

It's no different to MOP, the Legendary Cloak was ridiculously strong and if you were coming into the game to begin raiding then you were pretty screwed. The current stacking ring system would be even worse of course, but it's been confirmed that it's already a junked design.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    And this was why I was begging blizzard to not do another welfare legendary. Not only isn't not legendary because it can be easily obtained, but you're forced to get it if you want a spot in any raid. Note, I said easy... That still doesn't mean it doesn't take a while to grind. It's just easier if legendary's can only be obtained like typical ones. I'm perfectly fine not getting a legendary that's released in the current expansion. Maybe it's because I played in vanilla and was used to only the best getting them. Idk where this entitlement came from, but people need to get it through their head that welfare legendary's are stupid. Just wait until the next expansion to get the legendary instead of begging blizzard to create a freebie. By adding these rings, it's just one more annoying thing serious raiders have to do for every toon they raid on.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Old style legendaries were only cool for the players getting them, and I remember a significant amount of stress related to loot when my guild was farming Illidan, and a similar but lesser amount of stress in Dragon Soul, when every alt became a rogue alt. You kinda had to find a guild with no veteran/officer rogues to have a shot at getting the drops. Then you had every officer's girlfriend wanting to main change to rogue. Such a silly time.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Old style legendaries were only cool for the players getting them, and I remember a significant amount of stress related to loot when my guild was farming Illidan, and a similar but lesser amount of stress in Dragon Soul, when every alt became a rogue alt. You kinda had to find a guild with no veteran/officer rogues to have a shot at getting the drops. Then you had every officer's girlfriend wanting to main change to rogue. Such a silly time.
    dont forget the raider who gets the legendary immediately bouncing to a top 100 guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so sure it promotes class stacking, so much as making sure you have all 3 types of primary stat dps present. If you stacked all AGI users, you'd cap out and get less benefit than if you took say ~5 AGI dps, 4 INT dps, and 4 STR dps. 3 sets of dps procs rotating around concurrently seems better than only 1 type (and thus having only 1 buff active at a time).

That said, I don't particularly like it (I didn't like this mechanic in Sha of Anger either, the buff too often landed on the weakest links who didn't understand how to take advantage of it, or were being carried for gearing catch-up purposes and simply didn't have the gear to take advantage of the buff). So I'm glad it's not the final version. Hopefully it will be improved upon. There's already enough RNG in boss fight mechanics without something like this.