Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    "The Legendary ring procs that have been datamined from the 6.2 PTR are from an old design. A new design is planned for a future PTR build."

Not the intended proc, placeholder is placeholder.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...00022727278592

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    If it is another legendary cloak or GTFO fiasco then it is bad idea.
    It definitely will be this regardless of what the proc is. The rings will be far superior to anything in that slot and if you don't have one you probably won't find entrance to heroic or mythic Hellfire raids very easily.

This is the negative side to having a legendary item that is essentially free for those who put time into the game. It sucks for alts that don't have one, but it allows pretty much anyone who wants one to have it on their main.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    It definitely will be this regardless of what the proc is. The rings will be far superior to anything in that slot and if you don't have one you probably won't find entrance to heroic or mythic Hellfire raids very easily.

This is the negative side to having a legendary item that is essentially free for those who put time into the game. It sucks for alts that don't have one, but it allows pretty much anyone who wants one to have it on their main.
    There's a difference between not having a legendary affecting you, and not having it making you a burden to your raid group - which is what the datamined proc would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    true, kind of...

Personally i feel that the RNG mechanic involved in this type of proc is too much, as an example:

You have 10 int ring users in the raid, you have a 1/10 chance of gaining 100% damage increase for 12 seconds
    Just to correct you, the current iteration says "party" not "raid." Which means there's a max of 5 people who could count towards this benefit.

I agree that we need some more fun, raid-involved procs from legendaries. Legendary items used to have insanely cool abilities and now they just give you some basic proc that doesn't do anything interesting in the least.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Just to correct you, the current iteration says "party" not "raid." Which means there's a max of 5 people who could count towards this benefit.

I agree that we need some more fun, raid-involved procs from legendaries. Legendary items used to have insanely cool abilities and now they just give you some basic proc that doesn't do anything interesting in the least.
    "Party" not meaning Raid was removed during WotLK. Pretty much, if it says "Party" or "Allies", it means everyone in your raid group, unlike Vanilla-WotLK, where "Party" meant 5 man party, and "Raid" meant raid.

Singular exception being Prayer of Healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It actually says "group", not "party". Not that it matters since they've said this is not what the proc will actually be
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It's all a placeholders, don't concentrate on tens there, many sets had 10% on them when they were introduced in the past. Also Watcher twitted that it's old design and that they probably changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    "Party" not meaning Raid was removed during WotLK. Pretty much, if it says "Party" or "Allies", it means everyone in your raid group, unlike Vanilla-WotLK, where "Party" meant 5 man party, and "Raid" meant raid.

Singular exception being Prayer of Healing.
    Not a singular exception, almost every buff says "party or raid", Healing Tide Totem says "party or raid," Tranquility says "party or raid" and most AOE spells says "nearby allies".

So, and I'm being serious here, if you can find more examples of a spell with the wording of Prayer of Healing that does affect the whole raid, let me know.
    My YouTube kill vids!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This is my thought. Interesting mechanics are always ruined because people are always too worried about their own personal DPS.
    It's not interesting though, it's stupid and encourages bad play. If I have recklessness up do I use it or wait to see if I get jumped to next? If I don't get jumped to after two or three people should I just use it? Should I have used it if it didn't jump to me after two? If it does a rotation that means another two or three WA/mods to track it for a single ring. And the effect isn't even that interesting. Not to mention it makes it more than difficult to gauge whether you actually did well or not on any particular fight because of it.

And that's without the problems of class stacking and ect. It's just a boring lazy mechanic that doesn't feel legendary at all.

Not so sure it promotes class stacking, so much as making sure you have all 3 types of primary stat dps present. If you stacked all AGI users, you'd cap out and get less benefit than if you took say ~5 AGI dps, 4 INT dps, and 4 STR dps. 3 sets of dps procs rotating around concurrently seems better than only 1 type (and thus having only 1 buff active at a time).
    AGI, INT, and STR are not classes. They're stats. Stacking classes that have good burst damage to make the most out of the proc each time they get it is the concern, not that you'd take 10 warriors or anything silly.

I played in vanilla and was used to only the best getting them.
    But that wasn't even the case... It was a sheer matter of RNG.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2015-04-14 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    It's not interesting though, it's stupid and encourages bad play. If I have recklessness up do I use it or wait to see if I get jumped to next? If I don't get jumped to after two or three people should I just use it? Should I have used it if it didn't jump to me after two? If it does a rotation that means another two or three WA/mods to track it for a single ring. And the effect isn't even that interesting. Not to mention it makes it more than difficult to gauge whether you actually did well or not on any particular fight because of it.

And that's without the problems of class stacking and ect. It's just a boring lazy mechanic that doesn't feel legendary at all.
    You sort of just...proved his point? Your whole post is a "it effects mah personal DPS" complaint that sees the ring as an inconvenience to doing top DPS and competing for ranks.

While DPS has always been tightly watched by players and ranks have been a thing for awhile, it didn't use to be the sole deciding factor in what kind of procs Blizzard puts on trinkets or legendaries. Honestly, the ring itself would be a huge boost to "raid-wide" DPS whether you got it 1 time or you got it 10 times. But you're so focused on your personal numbers that you don't care how the rest of the raid would come out.

Your points about class stacking are true and as someone who absolutely loathes class stacking, I can see how that would be a pretty damning issue that would effect the fun of a fight for many players.
    My YouTube kill vids!

"ok pulling in 3..2..1... damn it the fire mage didn't get the ring buff on the opener of this council fight with a tight berserk, alright everyone wipe it and try again, well get this to work 10% of the time."

Happy it's changing - not sure which was worse.

The crazy dps buff that promoted hardcore class stacking classes with flexible burst windows

or

The utterly useless tank one that meant I would've been taking the dps one anyway unless I absolutely needed every last shred of survival for a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post

I didn't mind the cloak proc since everyone has it, but class/spec specific procs would be really cool.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Happy it's changing - not sure which was worse.

The crazy dps buff that promoted hardcore class stacking classes with flexible burst windows

or

The utterly useless tank one that meant I would've been taking the dps one anyway unless I absolutely needed every last shred of survival for a boss.
    +10% DPS and like 12-13% survivability increase = useless tank ring? Uhmm... k?

That tank ring was amazing, but whatever floats your boat.