Thread: Ele sham 6.2

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ele sham 6.2

Elemental

Elemental Overload You have a 20% increased chance to multistrike. Your multistrikes deal 35% 20% increased damage. You gain 5% more of the Multistrike stat from all sources. Shaman - Elemental Spec.

Item - Shaman T18 Elemental 4P Bonus (New) For 5 Lightning Shield charges consumed, you conjure a Lightning Vortex near your location. Running through the Lightning Vortex will increase your total haste by 15% for until cancelled.

Item - Shaman T18 Elemental 2P Bonus (New) Your Earth Shock has a 15% chance to not consume the Lightning Shield charge and have its cooldown instantly reset.

What do you think about that ?

- - - Updated - - -

I've dont seen the 6.2 shaman changes post.
    Go to it.

Hunters are the only mail dps class in the game now.

Deleted
    It's bad that they nerfed elemental not only single, but also aoe/cleave. Instead they buff marksman+beastmaster hunters.. like.. I don't even know what to say about that.

The nerf is not that big, we would have scaled to hard with the new gear without the nerf, remember we should not do damage

The 2pc is weird. We have 0 mobility, what if we need to stack? Will probably spawn in fire and shit aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    The 2pc is weird. We have 0 mobility, what if we need to stack? Will probably spawn in fire and shit aswell.
    You mean 4-piece. But yeah. It looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by raser View Post
    The nerf is not that big, we would have scaled to hard with the new gear without the nerf, remember we should not do damage
    Its a possibility, but I don't think we would have pulled ahead of any of the current Mage specs or Hunters.
    Elemental Shaman Armory: Holozoic

It just seems like a weird design. People will compare it to rune of power, but the fact is... the player chooses where Rune is placed and it has an 8 yard range. You stand within 8 yards of it and you get the buff. This seems completely backwards. Randomly placed buffing clouds that can spawn in fire, right when you need to move, etc. I hope these are datamined from an old build. It just seems shitty that we might not have a high uptime on our 4pc when other classes get flat boosts that are permanent.

Makes me wonder how our current 2pc will interact with the new 2pc. Will the new 2pc cause our current to not trigger or will we be able to trigger our current 2x with the new 1?

I had assumed the 4pc would be more of a "touch it to get a haste buff for X seconds" thing, not a "rune of power" mechanic. Especially considering it only takes 5 shield charges to conjure one (we'd be creating 3-4 at a time, more with a 2pc proc). I also kind of expect some kind of "burst of speed" mechanic to be associated with them, to help move around while picking them up, but that's probably too much to ask for. That said, 15% haste does seem incredibly high for what I just described (unless the buff refreshes instead of stacking or has an very low duration).

@OP: You should include the Archimonde trinket. "Elemental - Increases the damage and duration of Flame Shock by 45%"

Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    Makes me wonder how our current 2pc will interact with the new 2pc. Will the new 2pc cause our current to not trigger or will we be able to trigger our current 2x with the new 1?
    It would just refresh the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    You mean 4-piece. But yeah. It looks awful.

Its a possibility, but I don't think we would have pulled ahead of any of the current Mage specs or Hunters.

Yeah 4th piece.. Damnit, why do they put zero effort in the shamans. Want to change class, but I cant deal with gearing up again. Takes too long and damn legendary quest.

The shaman abuse is precisely why I quit WoW... sadly it looks like it was a good decision as two patches now shaman really have been kicked in the balls...

Why not... do something more interesting with elemental and their set bonuses. For one, make the talent tiers more viable.

Two... give them some damn mobility back (add in a little cleave too... 2 targets suck for shaman).

And third... make the bonuses actually feel useful:
    2 Set ) For every 5 stacks of Lightning Shield consumed, the shaman gains a stack of Overcharged. Overcharged grants the shaman 10% haste and stacks up to 5. When a lightning bolt or chain lightning spell is cast, it deals 5% additional damage per stack of Overcharged, and then reduces the stack by one. Multistrikes also gain the damage bonus but do not reduce additional stacks.

4 Set ) Whenever the elemental shaman casts a lightning bolt or chain lightning and scores a critical with it, the stack of Overcharged will be refunded. Multistrike criticals have a reduced chance to refund the lost stack of Overcharged. No single casting of Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning can regain more than the original Overcharged stack.

Perhaps a little too powerful, but interesting nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    The shaman abuse is precisely why I quit WoW... sadly it looks like it was a good decision as two patches now shaman really have been kicked in the balls...

Why not... do something more interesting with elemental and their set bonuses. For one, make the talent tiers more viable.

Two... give them some damn mobility back (add in a little cleave too... 2 targets suck for shaman).

And third... make the bonuses actually feel useful:
    2 Set ) For every 5 stacks of Lightning Shield consumed, the shaman gains a stack of Overcharged. Overcharged grants the shaman 10% haste and stacks up to 5. When a lightning bolt or chain lightning spell is cast, it deals 5% additional damage per stack of Overcharged, and then reduces the stack by one. Multistrikes also gain the damage bonus but do not reduce additional stacks.

4 Set ) Whenever the elemental shaman casts a lightning bolt or chain lightning and scores a critical with it, the stack of Overcharged will be refunded. Multistrike criticals have a reduced chance to refund the lost stack of Overcharged. No single casting of Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning can regain more than the original Overcharged stack.

Perhaps a little too powerful, but interesting nonetheless.
    That would be close to 100% uptime on 50% haste. Especially since with Echo, you don't even cast very many lightning bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    It just seems like a weird design. People will compare it to rune of power, but the fact is... the player chooses where Rune is placed and it has an 8 yard range. You stand within 8 yards of it and you get the buff. This seems completely backwards. Randomly placed buffing clouds that can spawn in fire, right when you need to move, etc. I hope these are datamined from an old build. It just seems shitty that we might not have a high uptime on our 4pc when other classes get flat boosts that are permanent.
    Maybe it doesn't work like Rune of power but rather like a collectible orb?

The tooltip says "running through" not "standing in", perhaps the "last until cancelled" portion is an error?

It doesn't really matter if it's a rune-like or cloud-like spell, it's clumsy. In any pve content that's relevant, you have to move a lot this Xpac.

Practically, it's not that usefull, which is maybe why they set such a low number of lightning charges to conjure a vortex. But all of those are speculations before we saw that bonus in action.

PVP : I don't get this patch. I am not whining, i still love playing ele but it's tiring to feel like the class you like playing gets shredded months after month. For exemple, why do ferals get an damage buff when half the damage the already do would suffice to kill any ele? I am not asking to be OP, and i get that the concept of perfect unbalance in games, but it this drives people away from pvp, which is sad.

But hey, we had our timeback in MoP so i guess it'll come around. Let's be patient and enjoy playing. You know, happiness and stuff.

Deleted
    There is a boss that deals dmg for every single time you move, healers gonna be mad at elemental shamans all day on that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    That would be close to 100% uptime on 50% haste. Especially since with Echo, you don't even cast very many lightning bolts.
    In fairness, I haven't even played since before 6.1, so I wasn't sure how the new Echo would factor into that. I used to cast nearly double to triple the amount of lightning bolts as I did lava bursts from my own experience, counting in surge procs too.

So perhaps, reducing the stacks or percentages a bit would be fine. The idea though is to keep the lightning theme that the set still seemed to utilize while making it less clumsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

How long does it take to get a 650 dps to 680? I don't want to continue Shaman.

How long does it take to get a 650 dps to 680? I don't want to continue Shaman.
    You can do that pretty easily in a single clear if your raid group is funneling gear to you (which they likely would be if you're switching mains).

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    You can do that pretty easily in a single clear if your raid group is funneling gear to you (which they likely would be if you're switching mains).
    I'll give it a try.