Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do you think of the specc specific trinket from Archimonde?

Good idea? Bad? Do you like the version for your class/specc?

I'm not too positive about it myself, I don't know exactly how the drop will work but if it's stronger than 4p tier I think it's too much dps/hps etc placed into a single item. Some of them also seem poorly designed.

Deleted
    Hopefully they are mandatory personal loot similar to Garrosh BoAs. I'd hate to have to DE one because no x class is in the raid. Because currently other than agil daggers and hunter weapons, no piece of gear is exclusive to 1 class which lessens to chance it said piece of loot will be wasted.
    Last edited by mmoc501b0a44de; 2015-04-14 at 12:12 PM.

Where are these at? I don't seem to see them on mmo home page unless I'm blind
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Quote Originally Posted by Drahzere View Post
    Where are these at? I don't seem to see them on mmo home page unless I'm blind
    Scroll down to "Tier 18 Class Trinkets"

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsei View Post
    It will probably be 1 trinket (or 1 for every mainstat) that will change depending on the specc.
    Basically this. I'm betting on just 5 different trinkets (int dps, agi dps, str dps, healer, tank). We can only see the proc at this point, and there is no passive stat on the trinkets themselves, so that's what would make more sense.
    There is no way there are going to be 34 different trinkets from one boss, and even 11 trinkets would lead to a lot of waste.
    Unless they are a rare personal BOA drop the way the Garrosh heirlooms are designed, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as an Arms warrior, I think the idea is complete bullshit.

"Here's how your class was always supposed to play," the Devs are saying, "a feature you had in MoP that we intentionally removed, no matter how much Arms warriors begged us to leave it in. Only now you have to burn a trinket slot to do it."

For any of these, ask yourself: would you stop using these at level 105? Quite frankly, the bonuses in a lot of them seem very strong, but also built to scale indefinitely. They'll have to be artificially turned off, meaning that such a potent, useful class ability -- something your class should have had the whole time -- is being intentionally made temporary, and at the cost of a slot.

Deleted
    Some of them are completely retarded. Like the MM hunter one

Longview: Your shots deal (11 / 100)% increased damage per yard between you and the target.

Punishes your dps for doing strats that involve stacking? Since MM hunters have more than a 40 yard range, this pretty much means you always have to stand away from everyone else to do maximum damage.
    Last edited by mmocbdbff9af68; 2015-04-14 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    It's a nice idea although hopefully they change with spec. "Oh I got the frost mage trinket, arcane and fire gtfo I guess" - You get what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Re1 View Post
    Some of them are completely retarded. Like the MM hunter one

Longview: Your shots deal (11 / 100)% increased damage per yard between you and the target.

Punishes your dps for doing strats that involve stacking? Since MM hunters have more than a 40 yard range, this pretty much means you always have to stand away from everyone else to do maximum damage.

I'm 99% positive they're just placeholders.

Deleted
    As a Guardian druid? Not sure yet, it seems like a decentish idea, reducing the damage that we take overall, but it also seems kind of negligible.

1000 reduced damage from all sources with my current gear. It will likely add up, but doesn't seem as good as the warrior tank one.

Deleted
    Balance nightmare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Balance nightmare.

No more of a nightmare than set bonuses to be honest

I really dislike the prot paladin one. Seems like the dps benefit will be negligible unless I'm dropping below 25% HP a lot. For survivability, it's questionable imo. The heal should be pretty decent under high resolve, but 25% is a really low amount of health. I find spikes that are lethal generally kill me far above 25% HP, because if I drop below 25% I will notice and LoH myself or use a big CD. If it was 40% or 50% HP, I'd find it far more acceptable.

Not gonna worry too much about it though tbh. It probably won't go live like it is, and on the off chance it does I most likely just won't use it. It doesn't seem great compared to my current trinkets, and assuming I get better trinkets in HFC I just don't see it holding a candle to those except in the oddly specific scenario of me dropping below 25% HP every 12 seconds on the dot.

If it does somehow end up being good for survivability, it will be like Pillar of the Earth was in T17. You use it on fights that totally rape your asshole, and ignore it the other 95% of the time.

Well, looking at the thumbnail for the trinket, it seems to be the same one. Who is to say it won't be 1 trinket, that it will just change depending on what class/spec has it equipped? It has no stats, only Equip effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Speaking as an Arms warrior, I think the idea is complete bullshit.

"Here's how your class was always supposed to play," the Devs are saying, "a feature you had in MoP that we intentionally removed, no matter how much Arms warriors begged us to leave it in. Only now you have to burn a trinket slot to do it."
    I feel the same, with the addition of "...and if you only raid LfR, you don't get that bit of your class back at all!", it's pretty stupid, if they're giving back what they removed from the class, give it back to everybody who plays that class.

Like the idea, hate the current dk ones however

We've had this all the way back in BC. Then there were the relics...
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    I'm 99% positive they're just placeholders.
    Definitely need some more work.

You guys think I'm kidding, but inb4 20 split raids from top guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    You guys think I'm kidding, but inb4 20 split raids from top guilds.
    Only for it to drop 2 out of 20. That would hilarious.

I don't like spec-altering trinkets, but it's not much different from any other BiS trinket for a particular spec. If it is indeed BiS, numbers haven't been fully crunched for most classes.
    One Sweet Dream

Love the concept. Almost exactly what I wanted. Tired of 'vanilla' items with primary/stat stats only. As for people saying they cause balance problems... tough shit. Fun is more important than perfect balance.

The only thing they could have done more than this was introduce more tertiary stats. Then again, who knows if the expansion is out, they could always come around to that.