6.2 PvP Feral Buffed / Hunter Nurfed / Monk Nurfed / Retr Nurfed / Ele Nurfed (lol)

..aslo Demo lock nurfed to the ground and Affliction buffed

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/185...otes-4-13-2015

Class
    Death Knight
    General

Anti-Magic Shell now absorbs 100% of all magical damage (up from 75%). However, damage absorbed no longer causes Resolve.

Frost

Frost Strike now deals 20% more damage.
    Howling Blast now deals 20% more damage.
    Obliterate's damage has increased by 20%, but deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets.

Unholy

Necrosis now deals 17% less damage.

Glyphs

Glyph of Icy Runes has been removed.

[Back to the top]
    Druid
    General

Frenzied Regeneration now refunds a proportional amount of excess healing dealt back to the Druid as Rage.
    Thrash now deals 10% more damage.

Balance

Mastery: Total Eclipse has reduced in effectiveness by 5%.

Feral

Rake now deals 10% more damage.
    Rip now deals 10% more damage.

Guardian

Bear Form now increases armor by 285% (up from 250%) for Guardian Druids.
    Healing Touch no longer cancels Bear Form for Guardian Druids.
    Savage Defense now also reduces physical damage taken by 25%.

Talents

Dream of Cenarius' effect can now be stored for up to 40 seconds (up from 20 seconds) for Guardian Druids.
    Force of Nature's summoned Treant now deals 100% more damage.

Glyphs

Glyph of Untamed Stars is now automatically learned at level 75.

[Back to the top]
    Hunter
    General

Aspect of the Fox has been removed.

Marksmanship

Aimed Shot now deals 15% more damage.

Survival

Mastery: Essence of the Viper has increased in effectiveness by 19%.
    Explosive Shot now deals 15% less damage.
    Serpent Sting no longer deals an initial "tick" of damage when the periodic effect is first applied.

Talents

A Murder of Crows now deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets.
    Barrage now deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets. Additionally, the ability no longer hits invisible or stealthed targets.

[Back to the top]
    Mage
    General

Amplify Magic has been removed.

Arcane

Mastery: Mana Adept has reduced in effectiveness by 6%.
    Arcane Missles now deals 10% more damage.

Frost

Mastery: Icicles is now 13% more effective.
    Brain Freeze now has a 15% increased chance to trigger on each multistrike (down from 25%).

[Back to the top]
    Monk
    General

Blackout Kick now deals 30% less damage.
    Provoke now has a 30 yard range (down from 40 yards).
    Tiger Palm now deals 30% less damage.
    Tiger Strikes no longer triggers from multistrikes, but now provides a 40% increase to Multistrike chance while active.

Brewmaster

Blackout Kick no longer increases the Stagger amount for Brewmaster Monks.
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 10% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor.

Windwalker

Fists of Fury now deals 30% less damage.
    Hurricane Strike now deals 30% less damage.
    Tigereye Brew now increases damage dealt by 10% per charge consumed (up from 6%).

Talents

Chi Explosion now deals 30% less damage for Windwalker Monks.
    Serenity now lasts 5 seconds for Brewmaster Monks (down from 10 seconds).

[Back to the top]
    Paladin
    Retribution

Mastery: Hand of Light has reduced in effectiveness by 6%.

[Back to the top]
    Priest
    Shadow

Mastery: Mental Anguish has been reduced in effectiveness by 10%.
    Shadowform no longer applies its visual effect to the Priest's mount.

Glyphs

Glyph of Shadowy Friends now extends Shadowform's visual effect to the Priest's mount in addition to non-combat pets.

[Back to the top]
    Rogue
    General

Eviscerate now deals 10% more damage.
    Sinister Strike now deals 10% more damage.

Assassination

Envenom now deals 10% more damage.
    Mutilate now deals 10% more damage.

Combat

Mastery: Main Gauche has increased in effectiveness by 10%.
    Killing Spree no longer prevents the Rogue from being targeted or grant immunity from crowd-control ffects. Additionally, the effect is now cancelled if the Rogue is crowd-controlled.

Subtlety

Mastery: Executioner has decreased in effectiveness by 8%.
    Backstab now deals 20% more damage.
    Sanguinary Vein now causes the Rogue to deal 30% more damage to targets affected by Rupture (up from 25%).

Talents

Shuriken Toss now deals 53% more autoattack damage. Additionally, fixed a bug that caused hits made with offhand weapons to deal 15% more damage than intended.

[Back to the top]
    Shaman
    Elemental

Elemental Overload now increases multistrike damage by 20% (down from 35%).

Restoration

Chain Heal now heals for 25% more.
    Riptide no longer increases Chain Heal's effectiveness by 25% on the primary target.

[Back to the top]
    Warlock
    General

Corruption now deals 12% more damage.
    Shadow Bolt now deals 25% less damage.

Affliction

Agony now deals 12% more damage.
    Unstable Affliction now deals 12% more damage.

Demonology

Mastery: Master Demonologist has decreased in effectiveness by 4%.
    Chaos Wave now deals 25% less damage.
    Doom now deals 25% less damage.
    Hand of Gul’dan now deals 25% less damage.
    Soul Fire now deals 25% less damage.
    Touch of Chaos now deals 25% less damage.

[Back to the top]
    Warrior
    General

Defensive Stance now decreases damage taken by 25% (up from 20%).

You probably have to look at those with a grain of salt, as they usually change things due to PVE scalling.

So the ones that were nerfed for PVP and due to PVP reasons were hunters and rogues.

What about the death of Demo? -25% dmg is HUGE!
    Last edited by Cempa; 2015-04-14 at 02:54 PM.

...can some one explain the ele change? I looked through top ranked ele shaman (like all 4 looool) and they stack multistrike so its a nurf right?

WW Monk's were massively buffed, not nerfed. You have to look at more than how many numbers went up or down.

About 4 changes made sense... the nerfs to Barrage and Crows, the nerf to Killing Spree,

A lot of other changes make absolutely no sense whatsoever... like buffing Frost DK, Aff Lock, and Feral damage and nerfing Elemental Shaman damage. Or giving Warriors an even better defensive stance.

I don't think some of the changes make sense in PvP OR PvE, which has a lot of people wondering just what game Blizzard is playing.

The changes are mostly neutral for me on my preferred spec (Sub), although I could still list a dozen ways the changes for that spec show an incredible lack of understanding of its issues.

It's also been almost 6 months since release, and 6.1 was a minor update in name only, and yet all of the changes are just slight number tweaks. In 5.2 classes got entirely new talents and abilities (remember Cloak of Shadows?). These changes could have been made and released as a hotfix 4 months ago (or at least the ones that actually made sense).

It really gives me the impression that the level of effort in balancing in WoD has been extremely low, and the effectiveness of the changes are all over the map.

I'm going to sit and wait to see if there's some big changes before 6.2 goes live, but as it is now, I'll probably just sit on rating for some new titles and then unsub.

mmm I agree 100% with dak1. The only ones that seemed based on PvP was the killing spree change and the barrage/crows nerf. Oh and they removed aspect of the fox and amplify magic--two spells that had interesting utility but probably weren't utilized enough (especially in a raid setting).

One thing that is good: they are doing some changes that deal less damage against "player-controlled targets", which is a step in the right direction. Still, there are so many changes they can and should make to improve 3v3. Buffing warriors' passive defense is not one of them.

I'll still wait and see if they make more changes throughout the PTR, but I was hoping for a bit more. It would be great to see them revamp some talents/glyphs to make them competitive with the current ones.

Overall, the list of changes is decently long, but there is not nearly enough to make it something to look forward to. The changes are all just damage tweaks, which doesn't happen too often for brand new seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    First pass of a ptr build people. First pass of a ptr build.

These are not going to be the only changes and the numbers are not set in stone. Please don't freak out over the first pass of a ptr build. Especially when a lot of the numbers are just tooltip upgrades to update already changed abilities, and rife with obviously fake things like the tier set bonuses :P
    You're a towel.

First patch of PTR. NOT the final 6.2 notes.

Stop freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    First patch of PTR. NOT the final 6.2 notes.

Stop freaking out.
    You could say the exact same thing about beta, and every PTR release so far. Remember when people freaked out about BM Hunters and Feral damage in the 6.1 PTR? Yeah, good thing Blizzard fixed that before it went live /sarcasm

A lot of the changes show not just an incomplete set of patch notes, but patch notes doing the OPPOSITE of what they should be doing. That absolutely deserves immediate feedback (and btw, the PTR exists FOR FEEDBACK).

It's the same thing every single release cycle:
    1. Blizzard posts PTR notes
    2. People knowledgeable about the game point out significant issues
    3. People overly optimistic about Blizzard's ability to balance yell "stop freaking out it's the beta/PTR"
    4. The issues all go live
    5. People who were overly optimistic lament that X, Y, and Z are now OP and nobody said anything during the PTR
    Last edited by dak1; 2015-04-14 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    I wonder sometimes if they release these notes [even if they change things completely before the release] just to incite the sort of inevitably melodramatic reactions that happen. Not knocking anyone particular, just an observation after a couple of years that there is always massive uproar over proposed changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So get on the ptr and test pvp and leave feedback.

That is a huge issue, pvp people never get on the ptr and leave feedback so nothing is changed, just the pve people do.
    You're a towel.

Oh man, time to see 5 ferals per side in WSG now...

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP barely if ever works on the PTR. Cant count the number of days I have logged into a PTR to try out PVP to find all I could do is duel.

As for the notes themselves. WinningSpree finally getting a much deserved nerf.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    well nerf for hunters is excpected
    can say RIP SVV for PvE at all unles they dint add something
    But fear not yong paragons the PTR just begins there will be atleast 2 months (if we are lucky) of testing and alots of numbers may change in time
    I also hope that this Hunter TR 18set is for LFR gear

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I think "death of Demo" is a bit hyperbolic. Right now, Demo can two shot people in RBGs. Maybe they'll have to settle for 3 or 4 shotting people.

Deleted
    And nerf to spriests, yea... like they were top tier arena or rbg... or?
    And they had a chart of raid dps and shadow was on top... or?
    Ah well, what can one do. This is not the casters xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    first patch #'s are irrelevant. set bonuses.. specifically some of the 2 pc bonuses are going to be scary if anything changes in the pvp instance item scaling tho. hopefully they no touch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    And nerf to spriests, yea... like they were top tier arena or rbg... or?
    And they had a chart of raid dps and shadow was on top... or?
    Ah well, what can one do. This is not the casters xpac
    spriests are pretty good in arena... not suggesting they need a nerf.. but they could be considered top tier in 1 comp i guess ^^ (someone is going miss that joke.. meh)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

That is a huge issue, pvp people never get on the ptr and leave feedback so nothing is changed, just the pve people do.
    sure we do, some of us have for almost a decade now. the games priority is pve.. THAT hasnt changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    the only reason people havent been crying about demo is because it's pretty useless (next to aff) in any moderate level of 3s. demo damaged needed a fix.. but they should get compensated with some sort of utility that isnt pet based imo.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2015-04-14 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

It's basically impossible to test balance right now. Scaling is all messed up so people's stats keep going up to silly numbers when entering/leaving arenas (I've seen a Hunter with over 2 million life), Druids are getting stuck in flight form and flying all over inside arenas, cooldowns aren't resetting when joining an arena, etc.