Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Another raid tier, then?

The last boss of Hellfire Citadel is Archimonde. I really doubt he will be the last boss in WoD, so... another raid tier?

And what's going on with Gul'dan and Grom? They are not bosses in HFC.

Also that reanimated Mannoroth... Grom killed him 2 times, we've defeated him one time in WoE. So again? It's just meh.

inb4 Reanimated Reanimated Mannoroth.

Gul'Dan and Grom live to star in the next expansion. I expect that Gul'Dan will start the plot of the next expansion, in fact. He's the most important character to have been resurrected.
    As the Legendary Ring will be completed in this tier, I doubt there'll be a third.

Deleted
    I think that this is intended to be the last raid tier, but they're confirming nothing in case the next expansion takes longer than they thought and they need to add something else. If 7.0 is delayed (which seems likely from Blizzard's track record), then we'll get another raid tier, hopefully in Forahlon.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    The last boss of Hellfire Citadel is Archimonde. I really doubt he will be the last boss in WoD, so... another raid tier?

Maybe Gul'Dan snuffs it in the final quest of the legendary chain? (With Khadgar ganking the credit of course :P ) Or he gets offed by Archimonde? ("Thanks for the summon, now DIE!"), or he pulls a Garrosh and survives to kick off the next expansion and then end up dead?

As for Grom... What does anybody need him for anyway? He had control of the entire iron horde and lost it all to both the players and Gul'Dan. We should go full circle with this, have Grom end the expansion sitting in Nagrand, surrounded by the ruins of his little clan, whimpering about how he was ultimately both too weak and too stupid to do anything about it all, just like his whiny son did when the players found him in MU Nagrand. >

Maybe Grom as the main villain was a bait and switch, and he's actually being set up to repeat his redemption from Warcraft 3? Considering the whole Iron Horde got started with him trying to stop the Orcs from becoming Legion slaves, I could see him changing sides when he sees his path was making it happen anyway. If that's the case, I wonder if it would be just him, or if the entire Warsong Clan (and others, if there's any besides Kilrogg's) would join us.

Also that reanimated Mannoroth... Grom killed him 2 times, we've defeated him one time in WoE. So again? It's just meh.

You've killed onyxia 3 times, neffy 2 times, kael'thas 2 times, ragnaros 2 times, kargath 2 times, gruul 2 times, mannoroth deserves some love too...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    grom one man raid GG Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Gul'Dan and Grom live to star in the next expansion. I expect that Gul'Dan will start the plot of the next expansion, in fact. He's the most important character to have been resurrected.
    As the Legendary Ring will be completed in this tier, I doubt there'll be a third.
    I doubt we'll see Grommash in the next expansion, we know he'll be part of the Archimonde encounter somehow, so most likely we'll finish up whatever business he has there.

Gul'dan on the other hand I can definitely see starting a whole lot of mess in our own world.

6.2 Will go live at either the end of June of early July. We will get the next expansion announcement at Blizzcon on November 6th. Keeping in mind those two things it seems unlikely to me that 6.2 is the last raid tier of WoD. By the time they announce the next xpac, 6.2 will have been out for at least 4 months and if it takes them as long to develop the next xpac as it did any other (which is likely, even if they say otherwise) than we're looking at a 16 month raid tier Given that it usually takes about a year for an expansion to launch after it is first announced.

Now, I could be entirely wrong here, but judging by how these things usually go it seems the most likely outcome that we have another raid tier. The last thing Blizzard wants is a repeat of SoO so it's either have another raid tier or launch the next xpac in March or earlier. If they launched around march we would have roughly a year and a half expansion cycle and everything would be good.

They will want to cross promote the movie, so I think this is the last raid tier. They will release the Wow expansion and a re-release of WC1/2 on modern platforms in March 2016. Maybe include the WC1/2 release with the expansion itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    6.2 Will go live at either the end of June of early July. We will get the next expansion announcement at Blizzcon on November 6th. Keeping in mind those two things it seems unlikely to me that 6.2 is the last raid tier of WoD. By the time they announce the next xpac, 6.2 will have been out for at least 4 months and if it takes them as long to develop the next xpac as it did any other (which is likely, even if they say otherwise) than we're looking at a 16 month raid tier Given that it usually takes about a year for an expansion to launch after it is first announced.

Now, I could be entirely wrong here, but judging by how these things usually go it seems the most likely outcome that we have another raid tier. The last thing Blizzard wants is a repeat of SoO so it's either have another raid tier or launch the next xpac in March or earlier. If they launched around march we would have roughly a year and a half expansion cycle and everything would be good.
    Next expansion will be out in February. When WOD released Blizzard said the next expansion is already feature complete.

Because Archimonde is not powerful enough to be a last boss or?

Deleted
    Grom will jion the Horde like he should always been at our side.

We lost Garrosh we need another Hellscream to make sure we dont get to mutch of a nice guy against the enemy (Alliance)

Don't forget the Mythic mode could have an additional boss or a cameo in the last boss or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post

Isn't the PTR up for roughly 6 weeks? That puts it early June, not early July. Maybe I'm way off here, but I thought that was the typical length. Edit: I see some patches are 6 weeks and some are closer to 8-9, so you are in the right timeframe. Early July is more like 10 weeks though.
    Last edited by Varabently; 2015-04-14 at 05:27 PM.

I think this is going to be the last tier. It's speculated that Gul'dan escapes through the portal back to Azeroth after we kill Archimonde, not to mention introducing us to a new major character who is a master shipwright, defector from the Iron Horde makes it hard to think that the next expansion won't have boats. And personal boats almost certainly means a South Seas expansion.

Perhaps Gul'dan travels to the Tomb of Sargeras? Knowing Gul'dan, he probably betrays the Legion and shakes hands with Azshara and N'zoth, who are arguably much more equipped than the Iron Horde was. Who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Grom will jion the Horde like he should always been at our side.

We lost Garrosh we need another Hellscream to make sure we dont get to mutch of a nice guy against the enemy (Alliance)
    Does anyone know exactly what happens to Grom once we free him from Gul'dan? Does he actually join the Horde?
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Next expansion will be out in February. When WOD released Blizzard said the next expansion is already feature complete.
    is this based on a feeling or some insider knowledge? genuinely curious

I'm all in on the Grom redemption story. He was cool in WC3.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    is this based on a feeling or some insider knowledge? genuinely curious
    I am guessing they want to tie it in with the movie. Release new expac in March around movie time. My secret hope is they remaster rerelease Warcraft 1/2 in time for the movie, and include it with the new expac

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killing one of the three most powerful beings in the Legion (Archimond, Kil'Jaedan, Sargeras in that order) at the very stairs of the Dark Portal is not hype enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benno View Post
    I am guessing they want to tie it in with the movie. Release new expac in March around movie time. My secret hope is they remaster rerelease Warcraft 1/2 in time for the movie, and include it with the new expac
    They can't tie next expansion into the movie.

The movie is about the events leading up to the First War, it ties into WoD only loosely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Killing one of the three most powerful beings in the Legion (Archimond, Kil'Jaedan, Sargeras in that order) at the very stairs of the Dark Portal is not hype enough?

- - - Updated - - -

They can't tie next expansion into the movie.

The movie is about the events leading up to the First War, it ties into WoD only loosely.
    I didn't mean lore wise, I meant more release it at the same time so they can cross promote everything.