[Balance] New Sunfall Changes

You summon a flurry of solar bolts from the sky which strike targets afflicted by your Moonfire or Sunfire within 40 yards. Deals [ 29.2% of Spell Power ] Nature damage to up to 2 targets every 5 sec for until cancelled.
    Does this make sunfall even worse?!
    Last edited by Bakaboy91; 2015-04-14 at 03:54 PM.

How can anyone even consider that to be a correct tooltip? ::mindboggle::

No, you're not getting an indefinite-duration Sunfall, ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrianis View Post
    How can anyone even consider that to be a correct tooltip? ::mindboggle::

No, you're not getting an indefinite-duration Sunfall, ever.
    Why not? It would basically be a 3rd dot to manage if 2 targets are up. Not hard to manage, but basically that's all it would be.

The better question would be if it's a brand new spell separate from Starfall.

Datamining error. 99.9% sure. Ignore it and move on.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

So clearly you guys don't understand. This is an ability you would glyph for a 1-2 target fight (think Hanz and Franz) whilst NOT using Untamed Stars. It will add a bit of damage to any target you have moonfire and sunfire on through the entire encounter but will only deal 1/5th the damage of a normal starfall. I doubt this will be worth using on anything but a single target fight though as Starfall is still better on a 2 fight if you are using it during your lunar phase. It is also decent for PvP.

That is AN interpretation Broski, but its much more likely to just be a datamining error.

Until its in blue print, just call shenanigans on it and ignore it for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    [Until Cancelled] as a duration appears frequently as a datamining error and is never correct.
    ^exactly
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-04-15 at 02:31 PM.

[Until Cancelled] as a duration appears frequently as a datamining error and is never correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Datamining error. 99.9% sure. Ignore it and move on.
    This. It's literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Broski View Post
    So clearly you guys don't understand. This is an ability you would glyph for a 1-2 target fight (think Hanz and Franz) whilst NOT using Untamed Stars. It will add a bit of damage to any target you have moonfire and sunfire on through the entire encounter but will only deal 1/5th the damage of a normal starfall. I doubt this will be worth using on anything but a single target fight though as Starfall is still better on a 2 fight if you are using it during your lunar phase. It is also decent for PvP.
    This seems very odd, and you don't seem to have any arguements backing it up.
    as for why you would ever unglylph untamed stars in BRF except for trash, and for why it would make any difference for sunfall vs starfall is beyond me.
    the glyph purely makes starfall benefit from solar eclispe instead of lunar, and a cosmetic effect ofc.
    Though as for situations you would glyph it:
    1. The most major part when you have to do a lot of aoe dps and can assure that you are in solar eclipse for the duration of the aoe. (someone mentioned it for kargath) works for beastlord and thogar also, as the adds have very low hp, though it won't make much of a difference as it seems quite random which eclipse you are in (that might just be me though.)
    2. a 2 target fight seems quite ideal due to the fact that you deal less damage during solar eclipse than lunar eclipse, thus casting a spell during solar eclispe is cheaper than lunar eclipse, and as we all should agree is that starfall/sunfall > starsurge when in the right eclipse for the entire duration, and you are not missing out on procs/buffs. Thus it should be better on a 2 target fight.

Iron maidens M seems like a fight where it comes out on top due to nr.2 and also somehow seeming to line up better with my eclipses at least (this is very subjective though and depends on boat duration and such.)

as for why it would be better for PVP is also beyond me.

Okay for some reason I though there was no actual changes to the spell, though it looks like blizzard intends to make some extra depth to the boomkin playstyle, by adding a 2 target cleave ability, as for the tooltip being bugged is quite obvious, but I would expect that it would be a spell that is used for the middle ground where we used starfall + starsurge in lunar eclipse and tried to avoid using starsurges and ignored starfall completely during solar eclipse.
    So i expect it will be something like the current starfall is for 3 targets, only that you use it for 2 targets instead.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-04-15 at 03:49 PM. Reason: misreading OP