Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    I believe Sarkeesian did a talk about this lately where she said that choice feminism is bad for everyone because women who make poor choices (even if they are happy with them) have consequences for all women.
    How inconsistent can somebody be? Slut marches tell that woman should be able to dress as they like........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    How inconsistent can somebody be? Slut marches tell that woman should be able to dress as they like........
    What are 'slut marches' and where are they held?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What are 'slut marches' and where are they held?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SlutWalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Booth babes are seen as an example of why women continue to be relegated to diminished roles in tech.
    Most booth babes have nothing to do with "tech"...they're professional models, not programmers and engineers.

Shut up with this shit.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a woman's choice whether to take a job that sexualizes her. Its not like she took a job as an engineer, and then was made to just strut around all day. Booth babes are likke models or hooter-type gals, made to be that way from the start.

Hate anti-sexy feminists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Most booth babes have nothing to do with "tech"...they're professional models, not programmers and engineers.

Shut up with this shit.
    Yeah, the booth babes are there to attract the interest of people who then talk to the actual technical people in the booth, who may also be women.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Hate anti-sexy feminists.
    You don't want to just be some dumpy looking nobody in a burqa?!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's probably the biggest nerd here.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I dunno. I kind of feel like "booth babes" falls under the same category as hooters girls. If you're signing up for that job, you shouldn't be upset when people are looking at you.
    This, although I really don't enjoy the idea of booth babes anyway. Like, you're there to look at the games/techs/whatever, not titties.
    I get that it's to pull in people to look, but seriously, that just comes off as insulting to men if anything, thinking that all of them will just go wherever the hottest girls are.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    I believe Sarkeesian did a talk about this lately where she said that choice feminism is bad for everyone because women who make poor choices (even if they are happy with them) have consequences for all women.

I believe that would be the same logic that says 'You may want to be a booth babe but it hurts us as a whole so we need to stop you from being able to do it', no?

I think the thing with booth babes is just a matter of "harassment"'s ever growing definition, combined with a push by womens right groups to get rid of what they see as wrong.

And who still takes Anita Sarkeesian serious?

Especially when she says choice feminism is bad because making choices for yourself as a woman could hurt another women, yet she sees no issue with trying to represent all women in video gaming and getting crazy amounts of money for it. (without offering any of it to her so-called "sisters")?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You don't want to just be some dumpy looking nobody in a burqa?!
    Nope. I want to be able to sexualize myself. Screw what other feminists think.

Feminists at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Though, I will admit it can be quite different when you are that person, with weirdos drooling all over you, sweating all around you just to try and get close enough. Though, that's an issue with those individuals, not the concept itself.
    Those people are the reason I'm not a booth babe. And also the fact that I'm not attractive enough to make a product seem more appealing by taking half my clothes off and standing next to it.

Mostly the latter, come to think of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always thought they were called "Boob Babes"... damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And who still takes Anita Sarkeesian serious?

Especially when she says choice feminism is bad because making choices for yourself as a woman could hurt another women, yet she sees no issue with trying to represent all women in video gaming and getting crazy amounts of money for it. (without offering any of it to her so-called "sisters")?
    I don't take her seriously, but it's important to understand what she's trying to say in order to properly refute it. I agree complete, it's a matter of rallying a group to move in the way that's profitable to her, rather than what's best for them.

Deleted
    Prude Americans get a dress code. The rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This, although I really don't enjoy the idea of booth babes anyway. Like, you're there to look at the games/techs/whatever, not titties.
    I get that it's to pull in people to look, but seriously, that just comes off as insulting to men if anything, thinking that all of them will just go wherever the hottest girls are.
    If it didn't work they wouldn't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Don't guys find it a little insulting?
    Don't you know white heterosexual males can't be offended? It's not our privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Those people are the reason I'm not a booth babe. And also the fact that I'm not attractive enough to make a product seem more appealing by taking half my clothes off and standing next to it.

Mostly the latter, come to think of it.
    It's not even about making the product seem more appealing so much as it is getting your attention so that the actual technical people can talk to you about their product.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Nothing against "booth babes", but why do people need eye candy at those type places? Doesn't it annoy people to think that they needed a hot girl to bring them to the booth? I see them at sporting events and it's just, like, why are you there? You have nothing to do with what's going on.

Whatever though... they make their money, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Don't guys find it a little insulting?
    It's for the atmosphere. Having attractive girls around isn't a bad thing. Reason why most of flight attendants are female.

Why would they find it insulting? They are just there to show off. Honestly if you don't care you can just ignore them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Prude Americans get a dress code. The rest of the world doesn't give a shit.
    This is one of the best comments yet. So glad this feministic/bigotry isn't part of Europe.