Thread: Sort Meh Stash!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sort Meh Stash!

So who else does this? This is my stash right now on my baby S3 crusader (level 57):

Anyone else have a compulsion to sort everything? To the right, going down is all low-level mats. Left is higher-level mats. All gems in that specific order, from lowest to highest (as I get to level 60 stuff I start dropping the lower gems). All gear goes in other tabs sorted by type in rows...

Yes.

Identical to mine, with exception to crafting mats going left to right on bottom row

First tab is gems, Leg gems, crafting, Keys, trials, rifts, potions

Second tab is always my mains gear

Third tab is my Alts gear

5th tab is for "alts that don't exist yet" gear

And when the 4th stash tab starts to get the overflow from any of the others... I start my hoarding cleanup.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, I do.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Why people bother looting low level gems XD

i just leave everything or sell them, since as soon you get to 61 all old materials become obsolete istantly.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    My stash has to be perfectly in order or it annoys me a lot. I was always the same with guild banks on WoW.. was forever organizing those and guildies would troll me by moving things around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I occasionally dump all my sucky gear that I saved for alts. And I at least keep my gems and crafting mats in the same general space. But I wouldn't consider myself any kinds of organized.

Tab 1 is for gems(ordered the same way as yours, except I don't pick gems up before level 61) and crafting mats(at the bottom). Tab 2 and 3 are for gear I might use eventually(level reduction stuff, well rolled stuff for other classes/builds etc). Tab 4 and 5 are whatever.

Also, what's up with the insane mod-concentration in the D3 forums? :P
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to do this until RoS and then all old gems become obsolete. I really don't know why you would keep low level gems as you get enough playing at 61+ to twink out any characters you create since gems have no level requirement. I do color sort all the gems/dye/leg gems though based on the color wheel progression.
    BAD WOLF

I do it too. On the left I have my gems, Marquise and below that the Imperial one, followed by Marquise of next color. The higher ranked ones come next to them. On the right side I put my crafting mats, going low level common, max level common, low level blue, ... My other tabs currently have the barb sets going from head- shoulders - chest -... and the other sets below that in the same order. My other tabs and my non season stash are a mess though.

Deleted
    Tab 1 is for shit (gems, mats). I don't sort them, just dump them in there.

The only strange thing I do is sort my alternative build items in Tab 3/4 (Tal build and DMO build) and leave them in the stash in the order of how the character inventory screen looks :<. Some people will know.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tab 1 is my gem/crafting mats tab so I can just dump my inventory without thinking about it after I salvage all the junk I pick up.
    Tab 2 is my 'this is interesting gear' tab for level 70 alts, followers or gear swapping.
    Tab 3 is legendary gem tab
    Tab 4 is usually used as a backup for the previous 3
    Tab 5 is alt grinding with gear that has level reduction or low level +exp % items like Leoric's Crown and Cain's set.

Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2015-04-17 at 03:59 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

1 = Gems/Crafting/Legendary Gems + Temporary items, for example something that I'm either going to shortly salvage after I've thought about it or I'm going to dump on an alt I probably wont play that much.

2 = Weapons
    3 = Rings/Amulets
    4 = Set Items
    5 = Misc
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Tab 1: gems/crafting mats
    Tab 2: str gear
    Tab 3: dex gear
    Tab 4: int gear
    Tab 5: random shit, mostly legendary gems

One thing I despise: making room on non season bank for all the crap in the mail from seasons. Yeouch.

The other 3 tabs are completely full. 1 for weapons, 1 for armor and 1 for set items.
    You never know when you'll make a build around the special orange text on some legendaries, so I keep them!
    Everything in the last tab will always be one square.

I'm starting to run out of space and I don't want this to become like wow where you need a lv1 alt to carry more stuff in their bags : /

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Yes, I do.
    What are those in the top left? Super dyes, or the CE wings?
    I just have lame pets and flags sticking out of my back

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Gourmandise, what's the orange star mean? At first I thought it was transmog but then I noticed it on your legendary gems too.

I don't really bother too much with gems as I sell most of the little gems as soon as I start getting Marquis/Imperials. After that, i'll arrange them by grade and color.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Gourmandise, what's the orange star mean? At first I thought it was transmog but then I noticed it on your legendary gems too.
    It's in the options. An orange star for legendaries and a green asterisk for set items. I think it might be for colorblind people but the stars and asterisks pop up on the map/minimap when stuff drops. It's very easy for me to see.

The option in under the gameplay tab in the bottom right. It's Rarity Icons for Items
    Very helpful. AS long as you're on the same level as someone else their kills (miles away) could drop legendaries too. Sometimes I open the map and see greens and oranges in places I have not even been to.
    Last edited by Gourmandise; 2015-04-17 at 06:48 PM.

I thought I was the only one xD I just CAN'T STAND unsorted bags. First thing I do when I play on a friend's account at his house ( this doesn't count as account sharing, so I can talk about it, right? ) is sort all of his bags and bank slots xD I spend hours sorting my own characters' inventories sometimes ( in WoW ).

Here you can see:
    http://i.imgur.com/VR866fT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2RSPD2p.jpg

All items in my inventory ( bank, bags, void storage, etc ) are categorized by purpose and colour ( all herbs and seeds are on the first row, all BS bars are on the bottom row, ores are above them, ordered by value from left to right, universal mats such as Savage Spirits, Spirits of Harmony, Primordial Saronites and Frozen Orbs are grouped together and then parallel to them are the WoD element mats ordered by colour ( matching the universal mats' colours as much as possible ), then in my bags, all consumables and tools are in last bag, all enchanted heirlooms and BoAs that I have are in that one bank slot bag, rest are in heirloom tab, there's also a cosmetic items bag and an off-spec or PvP items bag, basically, everything is split into very strict categories. Even my action bar - it's all categorized by purpose and colours ( Damaging abilities on main action bar, above them are defensive CDs, to the right there are my DPS CDs and my mounts above them, buffs are at the rightmost of the action bar and I've even changed the icons of some abilities to better fit into the group they are - otherwise it bothers me xD ) I know it's not Diablo but still felt like sharing xD

{ I am like a walking Swiss Army Knife - got more portals than a mage xD Dalaran Group portal, Pandaria CM portals, Engineering wormholes for all expansions/continents, the two Hearthstones - one to Shrine for even more portals and one to Garrison, cape and ring to Stormwind for even more portals ( portals at Elemental Shrine ) and AH, group portal to the Grim Guzzler ( oh, how I love trolling my guildmates or randomlings in LFR when raiding with this thing xD ), trinket for Timless Isle }

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I thought I was the only one xD I just CAN'T STAND unsorted bags. First thing I do when I play on a friend's account at his house ( this doesn't count as account sharing, so I can talk about it, right? ) is sort all of his bags and bank slots xD I spend hours sorting my own characters' inventories sometimes ( in WoW ).

Here you can see:
    http://i.imgur.com/VR866fT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2RSPD2p.jpg

All items in my inventory ( bank, bags, void storage, etc ) are categorized by purpose and colour ( all herbs and seeds are on the first row, all BS bars are on the bottom row, ores are above them, ordered by value from left to right, universal mats such as Savage Spirits, Spirits of Harmony, Primordial Saronites and Frozen Orbs are grouped together and then parallel to them are the WoD element mats ordered by colour ( matching the universal mats' colours as much as possible ), then in my bags, all consumables and tools are in last bag, all enchanted heirlooms and BoAs that I have are in that one bank slot bag, rest are in heirloom tab, there's also a cosmetic items bag and an off-spec or PvP items bag, basically, everything is split into very strict categories. Even my action bar - it's all categorized by purpose and colours ( Damaging abilities on main action bar, above them are defensive CDs, to the right there are my DPS CDs and my mounts above them, buffs are at the rightmost of the action bar and I've even changed the icons of some abilities to better fit into the group they are - otherwise it bothers me xD ) I know it's not Diablo but still felt like sharing xD

{ I am like a walking Swiss Army Knife - got more portals than a mage xD Dalaran Group portal, Pandaria CM portals, Engineering wormholes for all expansions/continents, the two Hearthstones - one to Shrine for even more portals and one to Garrison, cape and ring to Stormwind for even more portals ( portals at Elemental Shrine ) and AH, group portal to the Grim Guzzler ( oh, how I love trolling my guildmates or randomlings in LFR when raiding with this thing xD ), trinket for Timless Isle }
    You see this is the D3 board but share something largely irrelevant anyway...???

To be less of a dick, you may want to look into an addon like Bagnon. Turns all those different bag displays into one single frame. Makes navigating inventory a lot easier, or at least it did for me when I played WoW.

Pretty sure we all try to sort/organize our inventories/stashes/banks, no matter the game. I do the same sort of thing in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    You see this is the D3 board but share something largely irrelevant anyway...???
    If this is irrelevant, I have no idea what is, tbh. This thread isn't about Diablo, it's about sorting our inventories. It doesn't matter which game it is.

To be less of a dick, you may want to look into an addon like Bagnon. Turns all those different bag displays into one single frame. Makes navigating inventory a lot easier, or at least it did for me when I played WoW.
    To be less of a dick, please bother to read a comment before giving random and stupid suggestions such as "Get Bagnon", my entire inventory is sorted, categorized by purposes and colours in SEPARATE bags for a reason. Separate bags allow me to sort my items like that.

Pretty sure we all try to sort/organize our inventories/stashes/banks, no matter the game. I do the same sort of thing in GW2.
    I have a lot of gamer friends and I am the one and only one that actually sorts his bags.

Like this one: http://i.imgur.com/C3Yzuxe.jpg ( this isn't his actual action bar set up ). This is from MoP but his inventory looks even worse than this in WoD.