Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoranar View Post
    They changed it to an overall 10% stagger nerf.
    It's a 20% Stagger nerf, overall, isn't it? Losing 10% base and 10% from Shuffle?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmodius View Post
    It's a 20% Stagger nerf, overall, isn't it? Losing 10% base and 10% from Shuffle?
    According to mmo champ yes, but from my testing on PTR, the shuffle nerf didn't get put into the build. Which again makes sense, shuffile not providing stagger buff and only providing parry is just... Well wrong.

According to mmo champ yes, but from my testing on PTR, the shuffle nerf didn't get put into the build. Which again makes sense, shuffile not providing stagger buff and only providing parry is just... Well wrong.
    Ahh, gotcha. I'm hoping it's intentional (leaving Stagger on Shuffle). It just feels wrong without it.

Kind of an odd mistake to make, though. It's not like you can accidentally write out "yeah we took stagger off of shuffle".

It is definitely gone on the PTR, the tooltip on BoK just isn't updated. If you take a hit and look at the amount absorbed it's just mastery + 10% rather than 20%.

Deleted
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 20% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor.

So, they have uped it from 10% to 20% on patch notes now.

Currently I have 2455 unbuffed mastery which means 6.3% stagger. Base stagger is 30%, Shuffle is 10% so with mastery that equals 46% stagger.
    Before anyone else is copying that numbers, can you maybe correct them? They are so wrong...

With 2455 unbuffed mastery, you will be at ~65% stagger in a raid.
    (That's a guess, too lazy to calculate now)

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with the rest though.
    Like Total said, we say for months they should just nerf Guard and maybe tone down Mastery or base stagger A BIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Before anyone else is copying that numbers, can you maybe correct them? They are so wrong...

With 2455 unbuffed mastery, you will be at ~65% stagger in a raid.
    (That's a guess, too lazy to calculate now)
    Yea I've been meaning to go back and correct the numbers. Overall message and suggestions still apply, just add 20% or so to the numbers.

I absolutely hate the boring Shuffle buff that we had to maintain with Blackout Kick.

Super glad it has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I absolutely hate the boring Shuffle buff that we had to maintain with Blackout Kick.

Super glad it has been removed.
    Even without the stagger component, it is still an avoidance buff(10%) parry.

How much does 10% parry really matter? Well let's look at some logs. For simplistic sake, let's assume that if I didn't parry the attack, then I would just instantly purify the stagger damage (Makes math easier) and that I have a stagger amount of 64%, meaning I take 36% of the hit:

Now of course these amounts are skewed because it uses average hit values and add fights reduce the average. But it does show you that parry alone is not a reliable source of reducing damage, but it certainly does reduce damage to some extent.

The thing to remember is, if not shuffle, what are you going to use Chi on? Spam purify? Sure that might work out to more damage reduced overall than keeping up shuffle, that would be an interesting scenario to calculate out for sure and I might just do that.

In fact that'll be my next analysis... Try and figure out using the proposed armor/stagger changes what my damage taken would look like on these logs if I used chi to purify instead of maintain shuffle. (I.e. 0% shuffle uptime and chi used on blackout kick reverted to purify) I know for a fact it will be less damage taken, but by how much? and good grief what a boring playstyle