Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Greek ppl are not responsible for this shitty govt. They only got 36.5% in the elections. more than 60% of the people didn't vote them.
    Who do you think is responsible for electing them then if not the Greeks? If those 60% of the population had voted then maybe someone else would have won...

Sorry but that is absolute bollocks. You elect someone to run your country and then say "Not our fault!" that's complete rubbish. All reading this does is make me realize why some of my stupider friends think that Greeks are idiotic. I don't agree mainly because I'm not a moron, but statements like that don't exactly help your cause.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    There is no problem of helping refugees and there is no problem of some citizens of Greece moving to EU.
    You can't be serious..

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    You can't be serious..
    Of course I am serious. I live in EU myself and don't have anything against this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Get out of greece as long as you can :X
    Is there a point? If you get out of Greece the Greece will come to you anyway. One way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    So...Not trying to be a smart ass. I am being serious.

Can they call for a recall election and actually get people to vote? Even here in America we have a saying. "If you don't vote you are allowing someone else to vote for you."

What you are saying is 36.5% of the population cares and a majority of that number approve of these guys. And over 60% really don't give a shit?

Sorry if i am not sympathetic.
    His numbers are wrong too. According to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_l...election,_2015

63.9% did vote. Of the 64% that did vote, 36.3% voted for these nutters. So 21-22% of the Greek population voted for them.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Translating word for word from the newspaper:

"Θύελλα απο την ανακοίνωση της κυβέρνησης για διαβατήρια στους Σύρους πρόσφυγες"

"A STORM HAS BROKEN OUT AFTER THE GOVERNMENT DECLARATION FOR PASSPORTS TO THE SYRIAN REFUGEES"

http://www.protothema.gr/politics/ar...-zitoun-asulo/

The newspaper says "passports".

Ψοφο ανθέλληνα.

The said newspaper is notorious for supporting antigoverment views and statements. The newspaper owner was caught blakcmailing a previous PM and also caught with 5.000.000 euros in cash by the French Authorities on his way to Switcherland

<-------Απόστρατος.Είπες τίποτε Ελληνόφωνο σκουπίδι?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Who do you think is responsible for electing them then if not the Greeks? If those 60% of the population had voted then maybe someone else would have won...

Sorry but that is absolute bollocks. You elect someone to run your country and then say "Not our fault!" that's complete rubbish. All reading this does is make me realize why some of my stupider friends think that Greeks are idiotic. I don't agree mainly because I'm not a moron, but statements like that don't exactly help your cause.
    Let me rephrase because it seems you have a reading comprehension problem:

60%+ of the voters did not vote for SYRIZA. This means, 60%+ OF THE PEOPLE WHO DID VOTE did NOT and I repeat NOT vote for them.

SYRIZA only received 36.5% of the VOTE.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    You can't be serious..
    Of course he's serious. There are plenty of people who think the best way to make the world better is to make the good countries shitty rather than help the shitty countries become good.

Quote Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
    The said newspaper is notorious for supporting antigoverment views and statements. The newspaper owner was caught blakcmailing a previous PM and also caught with 5.000.000 euros in cash by the French Authorities on his way to Switcherland

<-------Απόστρατος.Είπες τίποτε Ελληνόφωνο σκουπίδι?
    That's communist propaganda.

Ναι. Γαμώ τους νεκρούς του ΚΚΕ.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

So you don't have anything besides baseless assumptions.
    Just how likely do you think it is that, in a part of the world with so many bloodthirsty crazies running amok that there even exist a million plus refugees from that place to invite to your country, that you are going to sweep in only good and honest folk who will be a credit to your nation? And if you have wits enough to realize it's <100% good eggs, what is the error rate that doesn't constitute disaster? Like I said, 2%, just one mistake in fifty, means there are 30,000 bad actors with legal permission to travel throughout Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    His numbers are wrong too. According to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_l...election,_2015

63.9% did vote. Of the 64% that did vote, 36.3% voted for these nutters. So 21-22% of the Greek population voted for them.
    yeah. i recall hearing about the election on NPR and they said that a lot of the population was for these guys on the grounds of removing Austerity measures. I just don't want to do any real research cause Finals and all that. Saving my brain power for my final projects and tests.

60%+ of the voters did not vote for SYRIZA. This means, 60%+ OF THE PEOPLE WHO DID VOTE did NOT and I repeat NOT vote for them.

So? They are still governed by Syriza and have to abide. This is how democracy works.

- - - Updated - - -

That's communist propaganda.

Ναι. Γαμώ τους νεκρούς του ΚΚΕ.
    So why have you linked communist propaganda in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Just how likely do you think it is that, in a part of the world with so many bloodthirsty crazies running amok that there even exist a million plus refugees from that place to invite to your country, that you are going to sweep in only good and honest folk who will be a credit to your nation? And if you have wits enough to realize it's <100% good eggs, what is the error rate that doesn't constitute disaster? Like I said, 2%, just one mistake in fifty, means there are 30,000 bad actors with legal permission to travel throughout Europe.
    Source it first.

10+ Year Old Account

You're right, I misread.

It's still your fault. You don't get to elect a government then say "it's not our fault" it literally cannot be anyone elses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I mean I guess we could try genocide again.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I think I get it now. Example:

Nut Job A: 30% votes.
    Moderate: 20% of votes
    Old guys :19% Votes
    Non voters: 31% of the vote.

You are saying that 39% of the population does not want these guys in charge and a good portion did not vote. Just that these guys had the "most" votes so they won?

I gotcha. Still not really feeling bad about my statement. if Greece does not protest this shit and show they don't want it, then i am gonna assume they either don't care or approve.

So? They are still governed by Syriza and have to abide.

So why have you linked communist propaganda in the first place?
    Feuer Frei posted communist propaganda not me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    I think I get it now. Example:

Nut Job A: 30% votes.
    Moderate: 20% of votes
    Old guys :19% Votes
    Non voters: 31% of the vote.

You are saying that 39% of the population does not want these guys in charge and a good portion did not vote. Just that these guys had the "most" votes so they won?

I gotcha. Still not really feeling bad about my statement. if Greece does not protest this shit and show they don't want it, then i am gonna assume they either don't care or approve.
    Yes. Syriza received abt 36.5% of the vote. The remainder 63.5% of the voters did NOT vote for SYRIZA.

Deleted
    Newspaper owner on blackmailing the PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-scandal.html

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleto...s-1514513.html

and the owners arrest in France and his blackmail to the PM

http://www.mediasoup.gr/node/23247#.VS1wzZNGQv4

(it says "Lets remember the arrest of Themos (the owner) the black money and the blackmail to Karamanlis government

Ποιος το γαμει το κκε ρε σκουπίδι?Τον έχεις κάνει λάστιχο

10+ Year Old Account
    very loosely restricted immigration from an incredibly unstable area rife with terrorists is just all sorts of bad idea.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Seems kind of like a bad idea, considering the state of the Greek economy and tenuous relationship with some other eu members.
    Its a political move. They want to put pressure on EU. You can be 100% sure the moment those Syrian refugees get passport, they will leave into England, Germany and France

Germany (and the EU) obviously does not want to let them not pay. So, as a nice bonus next to the money, now eu gets ~2 million refugees with passport allowing them to go anywhere in EU
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course I am serious. I live in EU myself and don't have anything against this decision.
    Well, then you're an idiot. Sorry, but this is incredibly shortsighted.
    Let's take this from the start:
    1. Syrian refugees make their way there illegally by boat. Making a Greece landing an automatic EU citizenship will encourage more to go that route, a method of emigration notorious for high death tolls.

2. The place they take in systems around Europe will in the long run take space away from refugees attempting to follow the legal channels, meaning in the long run the approximately same amount of refugees will be saved, but it will punish the ones doing it legally.

3. This means that the ones getting residency are not checked at all. They might be extremists, criminals, or simply not eligible.

4. Short term, we're not prepared for this. Refugees need follow-up, residency, employment, courses, financial aid and often psychiatric help.

5. Refugees are a financial net loss for several generations, at least for all Scandinavian nations, I suspect it's the same in any European nation with similar welfare.

6. Even after they've arrived, robbed officially seeking refugees of their spots, the drain on the economy made manageable and the logistical problems solved, we're stuck with people of a group that will statistically contribute to a less safe society.

And 7. With all of this, we've still made fuck all of a difference on the grand scale, as these people are a tiny, tiny minority of the amount of people suffering over there, not to mention in the world at large.

All of this because the Greek government wants to spite the EU

And you see NO PROBLEM with any of this. Fucking hell.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-04-16 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    very loosely restricted immigration from an incredibly unstable area rife with terrorists is just all sorts of bad idea.
    It's more so than that. The Schengen Area dictates that if you have a passport belonging to a country from the EU then you can just move freely between without passport checks, for a really long time. Thus giving out Greek passports is equivalent to giving out free travel to all these countries highlighted blue:

And the reason they're doing this? Because Germany is fed up of their bullshit and wants them to man up for a change.

Edit: Better picture.