Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

NEW Dr Boom Legendaries

I've seen alot of discussion over Dr. Boom aka Dr. Balanced everywhere, so I had a go at making some altnernative Legendaries that could perhaps compete for that 7 mana spot and hopefully open a few new deck possibilities. Here they are enjoy!

VIDEO

7 Mana LEGENDARIES

Notes:

- Vindicator Maraad - Blood Knight can steal ALL Divine Shield 4 times, thus getting +12/+12.
    - Anub'arak - Is Undead for flavour, doesn't have to be.
    - Baron Kazum - I'm assuming Blizzard, tweeked all Giants maknig them a 'race'.
    - Ravencrest - Was taken from hearthcards, thanks to whoever made it.
    - Falstad Wildhammer - Essentially the weapon is invulnerable so long he remains Enraged, whenever it dies it immedietly re-equips.

SPECIAL

1-2 Mana Legendaries

Please PM me any 1-2 Mana Cost Legendaries you have, thanks!
    Last edited by mmoca310f178b5; 2015-04-16 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulla View Post
    I

Please PM me any 1-2 Mana Cost Legendaries you have, thanks!
    Ankle Biter: 1 mana, nerubian, 2/3 with deathrattle deal 5 damage to the enemy hero.
    aka a more reliable version of what priests do.

Pay 2 Win: 2 mana, 1/1 with battlecry summon a random legendary from both player's decks into play.

I like the concept of most of the these a lot, the numbers I'm little less confident in with a few, but the concepts are pretty neat.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do like *some* of the concepts, but they are mostly way overbudget, underbudget, or simply not fun. A card that lets you see your opponents hand? That basically undermines the entire design of gameplay in a card game. No.

Good efforts though. On topic, I've seen less Dr Boom in this season than before. I think people are experimenting with all the expansion cards. Maybe he'll return once all the wings are out, idk.
    BAD WOLF

Indeed, people are also not playing BGH nearly as much, which makes it a perfect time to use Dr. Boom again. The cycle continues.
    I am the lucid dream

Where do you get these I can't find them in game yet?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Where do you get these I can't find them in game yet?
    These aren't real cards.
    BAD WOLF

Mr. Smite - seems ok, but getting 2 Gorehowls in a row could be OP.
    Vindicator Maraad - too unbalanced, silence and you have 4/4 body for 7 mana
    Anub'arak - ok
    Khadgar - too random, unpredictable and mostly OP
    Ravencrest - UTH, totems and muster for battle says "Hi!"
    Kazum - buff handlock more
    Falstad - I see this in priest decks to heal him and ping more weapons
    Aegwynn - bigger Coldlight Oracle
    Collidus - seeing enemy hand is always OP

I must say that I love the Mr. Smite card text! It's basically already in the game but not really! If I were to judge these cards, I think he'd be the most likely to be added. Maybe Nubarak as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    that Collidus card to see the Opponent's hand, is awesome!

that needs to be in the next expac
    Hi

I think Collidus is too game breaking to ever see use as is, you could potentially allow it if you changed the text to "at the end of your turn, randomly reveal a card from your opponents hand". Allow to pick the same one twice, only showing you the card for a couple of seconds or so.

Even then, I'm not sure how much Blizzard would accept something like that. But mind vision is a thing, so maybe?
    I am the lucid dream

7+ Year Old Account
    In order:
    Mr Smite is pretty good, I don't like the amount of randomness but that's CLEARLY not a factor for Blizzard/Hearthstone players

Maraad is awful design mega *Hearthstone analogue for keyworded abilities here* are super duper lazy, I don't think they add anything just have the ability expanded without a new keyword.

Anub is pretty boring. That isn't legendary tier for me.

Khadgar needs more limits like maybe spending some mana to trigger that, it's more complicated than Hearthstone usually gets but it offers a good power switch

Ravencrest is super duper gimicky, using player archetypes he's Johnny bait, but his power level seems to be so high that he might just be overpowered. Hard to say.

Kazum seems to want you to play Giant tribal, I don't think you should make people try and play giant tribal.

Falstad is weird, it's effectively a permanent weapon if they have taunters/can heal through you damage. It's something I'd need to know more about Hearthstone to comment on in regards to power, but it seems the most like towards where I think Hearthstone should be going.

Aegwynn the magic player in me scoffs at her, I scoff at her.

Collidus is pretty powerful, perfect knowledge is useful but since this game has no interactions with active players it's not that impactful.

Mr Smite = okay-ish
    Maraad = sticky I guess, which is good; might even bait hard removal or silence
    Anub'arak = pretty good
    Khadgar = very situational, I doubt he would be played except in Randuin Wyrnn
    Ravencrest = way too strong, this card would be overpowered in Shaman, Paladin, and Zoo decks
    Baron Kazum = maybe good in Giants Mage with Duplicates and Echo of Medivh, but that deck sucks anyways, so meh
    Falstad Wildhammer = a worse Mr Smite, it would never get played, except maybe in Priest since you can heal him and keep on triggering his enrage.
    Aegywnn = probably the best card of the set. 6/6 dodges BGH, and can mill your opponent
    Collidus = wayyyyyyy overpowered. A card that allows you to play around your opponents hand should never be implemented.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-04-16 at 10:30 AM.

What about Collidus effect being a once-time-only battlecry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What about Collidus effect being a once-time-only battlecry?
    No. The entire reason why cards like thoughtsteal or mind vision work is because they don't let you know where in the deck those cards are, only that they have them. Being able to see exactly what cards someone has completely invalidates the gameplay of Hearthstone as well as most competitive card games of any variety.

You may as well call the card Sniperino. It's complete crap.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I suspect you'd play Collidus see he has lethal, have no more mana, realize your doomed, end turn.

- Ravencrest is now 4/5 instead of 5/4.

- Baron Kazum costs 10, reduced by 2 instead of 8, reduce by 1.

- Falstad reworded to your hero has a 5/1 weapon equipped, instead of equip a 5/1 weapon.

Deleted
    Mr.Smite into Gorehowl would be hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably my favorite of yours. Lovely concept!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Seeing the opponent's hand for one turn would be kinda awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    DR.Boom is not OP because it is the only good 7mana legendary it is OP because it is OP.