Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Law Enforcement on TV

Hey guys!

I watch a lot of TV shows and movies about law enforcement like blue bloods, Hawaii five-o, criminal minds , ncis etc. Something that always bothers me is why they never go after suspects who commit crimes and run. I was watching a tv show last night and a girl got hit by a car, the police officer and his partner went to aid the victim and the suspect got away. Why not leave your partner and pursue the guy? Most likely he will switch cars or ditch his and get away! Why must the good guys always aid the victim? Go after the criminal and catch him!

Because shows have to last for 30 minutes to an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys!

I watch a lot of TV shows and movies about law enforcement like blue bloods, Hawaii five-o, criminal minds , ncis etc. Something that always bothers me is why they never go after suspects who commit crimes and run. I was watching a tv show last night and a girl got hit by a car, the police officer and his partner went to aid the victim and the suspect got away. Why not leave your partner and pursue the guy? Most likely he will switch cars or ditch his and get away! Why must the good guys always aid the victim? Go after the criminal and catch him!
    Because the victim might not die if they are given immediate medical aid?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I was watching a tv show last night and a girl got hit by a car, the police officer and his partner went to aid the victim and the suspect got away.
    Well if I had a TV show that criminal wouldn't have gotten away.

My lead character would be a master marksman and would have pulled off a precision head-shot as the criminal was fleeing the scene.

My show would be called: THE WAY SHIT SHOULD BE.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    You are also missing hours and hours of paperwork, which would really change your pov regarding law enforcement work. Reality just makes horrible tv-entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    You are also missing hours and hours of paperwork, which would really change your pov regarding law enforcement work. Reality just makes horrible tv-entertainment.
    "hmmm, yeah you see we're putting the new cover sheets on all our After Action reports before they go out...did you see the memo about this? If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on... that would be great. Oh, and I'll make sure you get another copy of that memo, ok?"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I generally despise police/law enforcement shows... Seems like there's always something that kills it from me, to how advanced the CSI unit's gear is (holograms, really?) to really stupid judgment calls or logic fails. There's only one law enforcement show I'd ever watch if it actually happened.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Law and Order : BATMAN ... I'd watch that. Can't be worse then the other L&O franchises.