1st time computer building

hello everyone who is looking at this im trying to build my 1st computer i want to do a amd apu build right now i have about close to 500$ saved up i want to run all my game at 720p and i do have a copy of windows 8.1,keyborde and mouse allso i want it to know it is best to buy all the parts at the sametime or one buy one if i have everything picked out. i dont have much room in my room so i mini itx case build would help me out alot

Definitely you'll want to buy parts at the same time. So that you can test them all and be able to send back bad parts if you have any.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're gonna need a bit more information. So far, we know that your budget is about 500 dollars and you already have a copy of Windows 8.1. You want to play games in 720p (?), too.

What games are you intending to play?

well the only games i have is a copy of ff14RR and left 4 dead 2 and borderlands 2 right now i dont play alot of games so i dont need a really high end pc just something i can play a few games off of when i get done doing homework

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you completely sold on AMD? And you'll need to elaborate further on playing games in 720p. Are you meaning to play on a monitor, or a tv?

no im not sold on amd i was just looking at some of there apu's in they looks kind of neat and i have a tv im going to be useing.elaborate further on playing games in 720p what do you mean

Deleted
    AMD build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($72.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X PRO3+ ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($72.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.98 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($129.99 @ Micro Center)
    Case: Raidmax ATX-402WB ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($26.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $458.47
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-15 03:23 EDT-0400

Intel build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($71.98 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.98 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($129.99 @ Micro Center)
    Case: Raidmax ATX-402WB ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($26.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $455.90
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-15 03:25 EDT-0400

Both are above $500 before discounts, so be careful. They will play the vast majority of games at 720p.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really can't go wrong with either of the above, but I would recommend the Intel build. I also recommend playing on a monitor if you can afford one, the picture will be way more clear.

oh ok so buy a new monitor and build the intel computer vs the amd one ok i will due that thank you so much you all helped me out so much i hope building my 1st computer turns out well i have never did this befor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryushura View Post
    oh ok so buy a new monitor and build the intel computer vs the amd one ok i will due that thank you so much you all helped me out so much i hope building my 1st computer turns out well i have never did this befor
    It's normally simple to build, if you check where things go. There are numerous guide on how to build (my personal recommendations are the Linus build guides and the Newegg ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    Building computers isn't too bad. I'm not sure where you live, but there are places like Micro Center that will build it for you, for a price. That is, if you feel uncomfortable with doing it yourself.

no im not sold on amd i was just looking at some of there apu's in they looks kind of neat and i have a tv im going to be useing.elaborate further on playing games in 720p what do you mean
    Don't go with AMD for gaming. Most games are either single-threaded or have one main thread that can not be split. Intels single core performance stomps that of AMD. The intel Pentium G3258(~$60) beats even the AMD FX-8350(~$170) in single core performance and therefore performs better in CPU bound games. AMD are great for multithreaded applications, but gaming is not one of them. If the primary use of the PC is gaming, stay as far from AMD as you can.

wow see i didnt know alot about that im trying to get in to pc gamein so intel is better then amd when it comes to gameing from what everyone is telling me