Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How many more times does Mannoroth have to make an appearance in the WC universe?

Warcraft 1/2 -> Mannoroth enslaves the Orcs

Warcraft 3 -> Mannoroth is killed by Grom Hellscream with full cinematic complement

WoW Cataclysm -> Mannoroth is final boss of Well of Eternity

WoW Warlords -> Mannoroth is killed by Grom Hellscream with a full cinematic complement...again

WoW Warlords patch 6.2 -> Gorehowl to the head with his blood spilling everywhere was merely a setback.

Jesus, there's other Pit Lords in Warcraft lore, couldn't they have shaken it up a bit and at least given Maghteridon an appearance, who would have now seen Mannoroth dead and taken up his place, which he takes anyway in Burning Crusade (further in the future)?

I get it, Mannoroth is in a way the root of all evil which heralded the beginning of the Warcraft saga, but he died TWICE in two timelines already to the same weapon weilded by the same guy. Don't tell me we'll see Grom do it for a third time in an act of sacrifice or some bs.

Edit:

The finality of the cinematic is just....final. It's also symbolic. Garrosh even says: "Times change". It's the theme of the entire expansion. "Times change, this is gonna be a different story, hold on to your hats." Now it's what? "No actually, it's the same story but instead of going A to B to C to D we went A to b to B to C to D."
    Last edited by HordeSchmorde; 2015-04-15 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We never actually fought him in WoW in an actual capacity that was good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yea but it's for reals this time

In WoW their is many setbacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We never actually fought him in WoW in an actual capacity that was good.
    If Grom, a regular but strong Orc, could kill him with an axe blow to the head while he was at full power, what do you think we'll do to him in a reanimated form?

he's the big baddy though. brining back an undead version of him is rather unsurprising next to what Gorfiend looks like now.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeSchmorde View Post
    If Grom, a regular but strong Orc, could kill him with an axe blow to the head while he was at full power, what do you think we'll do to him in a reanimated form?
    You mean after an iron star exploded in his face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

We've never actually got to kill him before, at full strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably way more of a match for us pre reanimation. We haven't fought Mannoroth in an actual decent fight as I said earlier so there's nothing odd or wrong about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh Magtheridon was regulated to a cube management position. His role in TBC was rather lackluster.

Constantly attack him till he dies then come back next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Meh Magtheridon was regulated to a cube management position. His role in TBC was rather lackluster.
    They drained him of a lot of his blood if I remember correctly. It's how the Hellfire Citadel orcs were much more powerful than others. Also, if you remember, if we didn't click those cubes on time he one shotted the entire raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    7... the answer is always 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same problem with Orcs... would love to stop seeing them in every damn expac. I think WRATH was about the only expansion that didn't have an Orc, or a battalion of orcs as a focus. I'd love to actually see and fight Mannaroth.

It's almost as if Mannoroth is a major character in the Warcraft universe.

Jesus, what next, we're going to complain about how many times Thrall shows up? Oh wait...

TIL: One and done or else prepare for the qq.

But Grom didn't. Mannoroth was hit with artillery multiple times then had an iron star explode on him and left him bleeding out and probably dying then Grom, in an event equivilent to jumping out of your friends truck after he hits a deer and shooting it, got the last hit on the demon and all the glory despite doing nothing spectacular.

Using Dota as an example, it would be like three people chasing down a guy and two of them nuke him with everything they got and the one guy just happens to end up nearby enough to autoattack him for the remaining ~5% of his health and then for a friggin year announcers keep bringing up "that time bob 1v1'd that guy."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Warcraft 1/2 -> Mannoroth enslaves the Orcs

Warcraft 3 -> Mannoroth is killed by Grom Hellscream with full cinematic complement

WoW Cataclysm -> Mannoroth is final boss of Well of Eternity

WoW Warlords -> Mannoroth is killed by Grom Hellscream with a full cinematic complement...again

WoW Warlords patch 6.2 -> Gorehowl to the head with his blood spilling everywhere was merely a setback.

Jesus, there's other Pit Lords in Warcraft lore, couldn't they have shaken it up a bit and at least given Maghteridon an appearance, who would have now seen Mannoroth dead and taken up his place, which he takes anyway in Burning Crusade (further in the future)?

I get it, Mannoroth is in a way the root of all evil which heralded the beginning of the Warcraft saga, but he died TWICE in two timelines already to the same weapon weilded by the same guy. Don't tell me we'll see Grom do it for a third time in an act of sacrifice or some bs.
    Sorry, but what exactly is your point?

Mannaroth is a pivotal figure in the history of the orcs, AND a major figure in the Legion ranks. It makes a great deal of sense for him to show up in A: places dealing with Legion historical events, and B: Places dealing with Orcish Historical events.

Explaining the events that took place to alter the timeline of the Alter-Draenor would be rather difficult without explaining how the orcs were prevented from drinking Mannaroth's blood, and you can be damn sure that Mannaroth himself would have been there (or pretty damn close by) to ensure events went as he wanted them to.

Also, what does it matter that he has been killed by the same guy in two different timelines? That is not exactly terribly important or relivant. It just happened.

I mean, your question is literally like asking why the Lich King or Archimonde or Kael'thas or Illidan or any other major WoW figure makes appearances in the WoW story. I dont know, possibly because they ARE major characters in the WoW story to begin with?

Mannoroth is awesome! I'm glad hes finally coming back as a raid boss with two unique models for him as well!

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    If they trotted out Illidan's resurrected corpse as the final bad guy of the xpac somehow I would not be surprised. This is, after all, the "going back to the well" expansion.
    Which well would that be? The one that we have never acctually been to in any Warcraft related video game to date? That well? Cause I would love to know how going to a completely new place and exploring an alternate development of the Orcs history is somehow "rehashing old ideas / content".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Which well would that be? The one that we have never acctually been to in any Warcraft related video game to date? That well? Cause I would love to know how going to a completely new place and exploring an alternate development of the Orcs history is somehow "rehashing old ideas / content".
    Creating new concepts and ideas from old ideas and concepts is common I'd say.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Creating new concepts and ideas from old ideas and concepts is common I'd say.
    Right, but there is a difference between that, and "going back to the well".
    - A new legion focused expantion where you invade argus and take the fight to them - New idea from old concept.
    - A new legion focused expantion where the legion invades azeroth YET AGAIN. - Going back to the well.