Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    Sorry, I meant that I've only seen a full blanket while TFT was up(and used).
    The gear part was a secondary assumption(not that geared) that it might be possible sometime.
    I guess that it won't. Thanks for the info.
    Oh, yeah, well of course you could do it temporarily if you get a lucky streak of Jade Mist procs. Just not 24/7.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

If you play a healer you can pretty much jump onto a max level healer of any other class and be fine... except for MW. They play nothing like any healer I have played in any game. I think it would be easier having never played a healer and then playing a MW then having past experience just because of how different they are.

That doesn't mean they are bad though. Personally I don't like MW because I generally only use a healing spec to mess around in 5 mans which can be really painful as a MW especially with early gear levels. In PvP I have a lot of fun with it but I don't care for PvP that much so that doesn't help. I raid as a tank/dps so no go there. I would say if I was to raid as a healer I would pick MW over the other healers because of the options MW have when lots of stuff is going on. If you like to memorize fights and boss abilities then MW can really shine and that is especially true if your other healers can cover you while you setup for something big.

I disagree slightly. I feel that mw is quite similar to playing disc you just have to delay a couple seconds where you would normally pw:s

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I disagree slightly. I feel that mw is quite similar to playing disc you just have to delay a couple seconds where you would normally pw:s
    Disc is a fairly odd healer as well. Healing spells to me seem similar but the overall healing tool kits of priest and monks are nothing a like really.

I mained a rdruid and r sham from icc till wod dropped.....I might be biased in feeling that mw is a combo of the two >.>

Fort brew, DH/Diffuse, and cocoon are a pretty solid toolkit. Also while not specifically damage reduction, we have plenty of movement abilities for avoiding aoe mechanics: roll, tiger's lust, soothing glyph and transcendence. Not to mention avoiding most ranged mechanics that other healers have to deal with all together being counted as melee.

Our toolkit as a whole seems pretty solid to me.

Edit: Forgot they got rid of Zen Med for MW, been tanking this whole xpac. /cry
    Last edited by Densalo; 2015-05-20 at 07:13 AM.

I was speaking more along the lines of the playstyle. ReM is similar to PW:S because you have to plan it out around 8 seconds in advance to ensure maximum coverage for uplift. MW does trump disc in raw throughput though. Imagine a world where all MW overhealing was converted into absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    Fort brew, DH/Diffuse, and cocoon are a pretty solid toolkit. Also while not specifically damage reduction, we have plenty of movement abilities for avoiding aoe mechanics: roll, tiger's lust, soothing glyph and transcendence. Not to mention avoiding most ranged mechanics that other healers have to deal with all together being counted as melee.

Our toolkit as a whole seems pretty solid to me.

Edit: Forgot they got rid of Zen Med for MW, been tanking this whole xpac. /cry
    The mobility of Monk I feel is what makes it shine. Not just MW but all specs. Once you get into the habit of planning Transcendence placements the class becomes insanely mobile and fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is Fist weaving viable to raid with guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Is Fist weaving viable to raid with guys?
    Not usually full-time, at least for most fights. It's definitely useful utility, though, because it does very mana-efficient healing while doing damage at the same time.

That question probably doesn't belong in this thread, though o.O
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    mana efficient healing while doing dmg? ive been doing it wrong or i simply lack spirit then, because with ChiEx fistweaving i tend to go oom faster than in ss with pool of the mists >>

you're doing it really wrong then

Deleted
    with ChiEx wasnt simple as 4chi ChiEx spam? used to maintain all the debuff even with ChiEx but ive read somewhere (maybe summonstone?) that was just about ChiEx spamming.. D:

Edit: just noticed ive 1.4k spirit on that alt

Even at low Spirit, you should be unable to OOM if you don't cap mana tea and don't use RJW or CJL. Probably you're gaining way more stacks of mana tea than you realize because 1400 is plenty for Crane.

Quote Originally Posted by s1one View Post
    with ChiEx wasnt simple as 4chi ChiEx spam? used to maintain all the debuff even with ChiEx but ive read somewhere (maybe summonstone?) that was just about ChiEx spamming.. D:

Edit: just noticed ive 1.4k spirit on that alt
    You should try to maintain the debuffs for as long as you can till you know damage is about to come out. Then you just spam 4 ChiEx until there's no more damage and you continue normal rotation.

Deleted
    You're either using glyph of mana tea or ascension or both if you're ooming in crane.

Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    You should try to maintain the debuffs for as long as you can till you know damage is about to come out. Then you just spam 4 ChiEx until there's no more damage and you continue normal rotation.
    Tiger Palm for Tiger Power (ChiEx Crane) is a large DPS and total HPS loss. Though of course you can squeeze out maybe 3% more burst HPS with it, the GCD and 1 Chi is often, if not always, better spent on more ChiEx casts for more total DPS/HPS. RSK yes though, worth casting but only for debuff, especially when people are almost topped. Sorry that I forgot to answer this one, @s1one :P