Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

People who like WoD

Since we now have 1297143 threads about how WoD sucks, that everyone will have unsubscribed by christmas 2002 and that Developers may go s*** c****, this thread is exclusively for people to say that they to some extent actually like WoD, even with its flaws. Also, feel free to post pictures of puppies and kittens.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-04-15 at 05:10 PM.

If you need threads like this to counter the "1297143" threads on how a game sucks, then yeah the game might suck.

i dont like wod, this game sucks

If I wasn't raiding, I wouldn't have an active subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wod is the best expansion they've made in a long time. I think the departure of GC was mostly good for the game. The only weakness the current developers suffer is that they're bad at communication. Maybe not bad just not as good as GC was.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Wod is the best expansion they've made in a long time. I think the departure of GC was mostly good for the game. The only weakness the current developers suffer is that they're bad at communication. Maybe not bad just not as good as GC was.
    Yet I see a new post every day where someone is lamenting the departure of GC. I find it hilarious. Not because I'm glad he is gone, but moreso in a "careful what you wish for" manner. This current batch of devs couldn't design their way out of a paper bag without getting lost in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Yet I see a new post every day where someone is lamenting the departure of GC. I find it hilarious. Not because I'm glad he is gone, but moreso in a "careful what you wish for" manner. This current batch of devs couldn't design their way out of a paper bag without getting lost in it.
    Well I'm having a lot of fun in wod, but I am not the typical mmo or rpg player. Most of the things I like the masses hate and if i hate it the masses like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Sorry but you have blinders on. WoD is great if all you do is raid but for everyone who doesn't they are SOL. Blizzard for some reason decided to literally kill the world with WoD after they went to such great lengths in MoP to bring life back to it after Cataclysm. Whether or not it worked is totally subjective but objectively WoD killed the world. There is literally no reason to ever leave your Garrison or the Ashran hub.

Sure you can go back to the old world to do stuff but as far as current content goes, the world is completely devoid of anything meaningful to do. Overall WoD is a train wreck. Like I said, raiding is great but everything else is terribly lackluster which is a shame because Draenor had so much promise to be an awesome continent. Instead it is pretty damn forgettable honestly.

I like the expansion. It's maybe not my favorite, but like pizza and sex, it's all good.

Wod is the Phantom Menace of WOW expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Sorry but you have blinders on. WoD is great if all you do is raid but for everyone who doesn't they are SOL. Blizzard for some reason decided to literally kill the world with WoD after they went to such great lengths in MoP to bring life back to it after Cataclysm. Whether or not it worked is totally subjective but objectively WoD killed the world. There is literally no reason to ever leave your Garrison or the Ashran hub.

Sure you can go back to the old world to do stuff but as far as current content goes, the world is completely devoid of anything meaningful to do. Overall WoD is a train wreck. Like I said, raiding is great but everything else is terribly lackluster which is a shame because Draenor had so much promise to be an awesome continent. Instead it is pretty damn forgettable honestly.
    There never has been, and never will be, an expansion with endless new content that a player could not possibly exhaust. I think the success lies with it's replayability. I've brought 5 toons to 100, each in a different way, and enjoyed all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is so active I can barely keep up with all the posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    If you need threads like this to counter the "1297143" threads on how a game sucks, then yeah the game might suck.
    Except for the fact that if we use the frequency of threads and posts on MMO as a form of verisimilitude:

- Russia has not entered Crimea, let alone Ukraine
    - The United States is spreading lies to illegally annex Ukraine
    - It is perfectly socially acceptable to be gay or transgendered in Russia
    - The only reason Greece's economy is not leading the EU is because Germany continues to illegally extort Greece to prop up their own economy
    - Climate Change is a myth
    - The United States needs less restrictive gun laws
    - The United States police need more authority
    - World War III is happening tomorrow
    - The CIA/NSA/Illuminati is behind behind all of the above and more.

Now, WoW might suck... or MMO just might be a popular place for an extremely small minority of WoW subscribers to repost their same, tired, threads over and over again, in the hopes that they can convince themselves that they're the special snowflakes Blizzard should cater to.

Instead of realizing that WoW isn't for them and finding something they enjoy.

For me, it's the best raiding experience in game, even topped Ulduar which was my favorite until highmaul released.
    rest of the game is ok'ish, they should have probably be a bit more creative for the non-raiding part of the game.
    But overall I like it

on that note, why is it that the first posters of every thread like these are always the ones that hate it ? I mean, If I didn't like the expansion, I would probably be somewhere else..

Quote Originally Posted by Nir View Post
    why is it that the first posters of every thread like these are always the ones that hate it ?
    Easy, they're browsing MMO instead of playing the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I like WoD, but I'm a casual player.

I love it. I love the blues. I love the changes they have made each expansion, from vanilla on.

I think they have their faults, but overall, I'm a fanboi.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    One guy doesn't lead the company. Team does and by team I mean they make a group decision not like "I SAID IT SO, I AM THE WARCHIEF!"
    No, it's not a democracy. There's always someone who is considered as better than the rest people in the team. Every team member participates, but if there's a guy who is better at the job - he will dominate the decision making, not by "I SAID SO" but by convincing with reasoning based on experience. Again it's not a democracy - it's reasoning and convincing others, sometimes compromises.

I'm pretty sure GC was such one guy.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

No game I've ever played has been perfect. This has been good game like any other. When I get tired i'll stop playing it and not hold a personal butthurt vendetta like wow is my fake girlfriend I stalk after school.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    If I wasn't raiding, I wouldn't have an active subscription.
    Almost like this for me, but then again it's also true for any other expansion. Raiding *is* what makes WoW worth it for me (considering I'm usually pretty low on cash to spend around). Without it I'd probably wait until new xpacs get absorbed by the battlechest and then sub for 1 or 2 months to check out the content.

But yea, WoD has strenghts as well as flaws, just like any other expansion. Wether it feels better or worse than other xpacs depends on how each strenght and flaw weights, compared to the other xpacs. But overall I really think it's a pretty solid xpac, especially now with 6.2 coming.