Thread: Frustration

Deleted

Frustration

Hello MMO - and sorry for the language (not my native language)

I currently raid in a mythic guild with 3/10 and have been into hardcore raiding, but stepped down because of the huge time investment.

I play a Tank and is pretty content with it and do my part of the raid leading (positioning and tactic calls mainly). My problem of late is plain and simple: anger issues or frustrations. Not to put myself on a golden chair or anything, but I usually get the fight right after 3 wipes. Of course I do a lot of research, both for vids but especially forums, which MMO is great at. This proberbly explains the fast learning curve.

My issue is when we wipe on a boss 40+ times on the same mechanic, for example hans'gar og Oregorger roll I get pretty frustrated which results in me getting angry. You can pretty much say whenever people fail repeatedly even tho the tactic we use is working (well obviously it ain't but you get what I mean) I get pretty angry and really doubt my own abilities - turns out later on logs that I do not fail on anything after the 3+ wipes. (this of course on progress)

I know it is pretty common to see/hear people getting mad at each other in raids, but I'm always aware of it, and I know it can't be healthy. I am aware that people can have bad days or just a shitty try - but every raid and every second try? Maybe I'm not getting the hard part, but I just simply can't compherend why people can't pay attention and just focus for a boss fight. Keep in mind I talk purely for personal mechanics, not numberwise wipes.

I am at a cross road and maybe someone could give a hand if someone had dealt with this too.

Should I just stop playing? It's getting to the point I get headaches after a raid day.

Or should I step down from being vocal and the Main tank, and just chill with music and ignore other peoples failure? (This would proberbly end up breaking the guild, well hopefully not)

I only raid in wow and I love to progress on ''hard bosses'' which requires good tactics and numbers and then kill them. I just have a hard time about wiping on the bosses that are supposed to be the ''easy'' ones (well as easy as mythic can get)

If you aren't enjoying it, you should stop. Warcraft is a game, and should be a leisure activity. It's easier said than done, I know, but that's honestly the answer here.

I suppose some alternatives would be looking for a different guild with more stringent performance expectations. I don't think that giving up your control will help in this case, since my guess would be that you'd just add to your frustration, because you'd potentially feel like your group was not only struggling with mechanics, but with leadership and strategy as well.

It happened to me alot of times, and there isn't any "solution". But this points helped me (and my guild):

1-The raid leader just "changed" some players to try a new strategy (25H Arthas, second down of my server).
    2-Use some addons to see what people are failing and just give them something to improve (sometimes a reward, sometimes the gm just punished them removing DKPs, I'm not a fun to be a teacher and removing points from an exam btw...).
    3-Splitting raids (if you have alot of people) and use the compettiive part of who is the first to kill X or Y Boss (imposible this days I know...).
    4-Time-break: Just stop doing Mythic modes and return to heroic for one or two weeks. One of my guild leader even created a championship like pont 3 in old world dungeons with other toons, or PvP with your guild (alot of people of that guild had alliance characters, so we used to play some skirmish games in random places).
    5-Personal time-break: If all things don't work (or people just don't want to improve, even you), just unsub and wait a month or two (of course, explaining to your guid).

From my personal experience, good luck!!!