Resto Druid or Holy Paladin

Bored with my warrior, want to go back to healing, can't decide between a druid and paladin. Will primarily be healing. Both PVP and PVE. More concerned with enjoyable play style than numbers.
    Last edited by MNoggle81; 2015-04-15 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Druid is super mobile and super maintenance'y (hots, mastery, shroom, )
    Paladin is literally a turret and mechanically super shallow imo

There is literally 1+ holypaladin for anything raiding, and anything RBG. RDruid is an arena god (last I checked), and okay for RBG. It's no mistweaver, but it's not ret-tier either.

Druid has an amazing offspec in Balance, while Ret is... well, Ret.

Deleted
    I shifted from paladin to druid, so I can give you my impressions. In MoP I healed a lot, and also tanked when required. Tanking wasn't fun imo and felt weak versus warriors, guardians etc. Healing was fun (for me) in MoP.

Personally, I am not a fan of the changes to healing. After I switched and leveled my druid I got to experience druid healing in LFR before I explored my feral side. It's easy to pick up. The mobility is quite fun. Currently I tank and dps with my druid. I have to say that druid dps is more challenging than ret was to me. I got bored with it too easily. Having a 4th spec (boomkin) is also quite nice as an option in case melee isn't your thing. Guardian tanking is fun for me. I tried tanking again on my paladin, but at equal gear level as my guardian it felt just as miserable to me as in MoP (have to admit I didn't use the god button Seraphim). As guardian I easily keep threat; as paladin I quickly lose it (in packs) despite trying my best to keep it.

I also did pvp as ret and holy. Druids were very tricky to play against. Paladins not so much. Ret paladins in the arena have a strong burst, but it is visible! Getting CC'ed during your burst is inevitable. The immunities are nice, I have to say. Catching a druid is much harder, but not impossible. Trying the same, heal as a holy while on the move, is miserable.

My conclusion was to go for druid.

It depends on the type of healing you like, play both classes a bit and then decide, as both have there strong points.

But in the end it depends of the play style you enjoy the most.

Resto is way more versatile right now, but if they end up buffing Devo like they have indicated in 6.2, I think they will be a very strong choice.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Healing is Paladin is immobile, you are pretty much a turret. Every raid wants at least one Paladin healer, two are also great. Best tank healers!
    Healing is Druid is pretty mobile but you compete with all the other throughput specs for the limited raid spots. You'll mainly be raid healing.

If you are serious about healing I'd go with neither and pick a Priest instead. With Holy you can do everything a Druid healer can do about equally well and with Disc you are an amazing tank healer. Different than a Paladin but equally potent.
    Priests just offer more flexibility.

If you are really limited to Druids and Paladins then you have to figure out whether you want to be a turret tank healer or a mobile raid healer.

Is this your post as well? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17084278257

Better off asking these questions in areas that are not going to give you bias. Likely to get bias answers in the druid section.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want top meters hell never ever pick druid go with Paladin or Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by wakii View Post
    If you want top meters hell never ever pick druid go with Paladin or Priest.
    Totally dependent on the fight you are doing. The only class that ever out heals me is disc priest and not on every fight either. If it is raid wide consistent damage then Rdruid wins every time.

Deleted
    I enjoyed paladin healing far more than druid healing but as previous posters have said its more of a stylistic decision than a throughput one. Druids are incredibly strong raid healers; Paladins are excellent at healing tanks (beacons ftw). Play both. See what you prefer.