Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    What's exciting about running back to Talador?
    Have you tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Have you tried it?
    Seeing as you go through that region in the intro quests. Yes
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats so special about that place?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I havent been able to unlock the quests to get to tanaan, ive completed the Iron Docks segement, talked to you know who at my garrison, unlocked my shipyard, got legendary quests from Khadgar, and am stuck. Can anyone help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...why is that? o_O

And how do you mean "easily amused"? I'm very casual these years (raided from ZG vanilla > ICC25HC, gave up hardcore raiding from Cata onwards).

MoP Battle Pets gave me exactly what I was looking for in an MMORPG - some alternative form of playstyle in the game while still interacting with other players (Pet trading, leveling, selling, Pet PVP, ect. it's a whole MMORPG unto itself really).

Me thinks he wanted you to not like it and hate it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Slykila View Post
    I havent been able to unlock the quests to get to tanaan, ive completed the Iron Docks segement, talked to you know who at my garrison, unlocked my shipyard, got legendary quests from Khadgar, and am stuck. Can anyone help?
    The Iron Dock section isn't yet connected to Tanaan, as there's supposed to be a Naval mission tutorial there, and they haven't finished the Naval missions. Instead, there's an Ethereal NPC located near the center of your garrison that will teleport you to Tanaan and put you in the correct phase for the intro quests.

Edit to Add:

The zone feels like a bigger Isle of Thunder, but instead of a random set of daily quests, you get a choice of two Apexis Dailies. I liked the Daily quests better, myself, as they offered more story, but as I understand it: The story elements are being put into Garrison Campaign Quests that unlock weekly (just like the previous Garrison Campaign). I'm really not sold on this model. I liked MoP's setup better.
    Last edited by Orloth; 2015-04-19 at 03:59 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    tyvm, off to tanaan!!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Well, there appears to be a faction, Guardians of the Vault, who will be a daily quest faction. Though of course the faction isn't fully implemented yet.
    While I know evidence points otherwise, I'm going to lol if they end up being a faction led by Blingtron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    The Iron Dock section isn't yet connected to Tanaan, as there's supposed to be a Naval mission tutorial there, and they haven't finished the Naval missions. Instead, there's an Ethereal NPC located near the center of your garrison that will teleport you to Tanaan and put you in the correct phase for the intro quests.

Edit to Add:

The zone feels like a bigger Isle of Thunder, but instead of a random set of daily quests, you get a choice of two Apexis Dailies. I liked the Daily quests better, myself, as they offered more story, but as I understand it: The story elements are being put into Garrison Campaign Quests that unlock weekly (just like the previous Garrison Campaign). I'm really not sold on this model. I liked MoP's setup better.
    Are we sure there wont be daily quests? Doesn't the zone teaser in the patch notes mention daily quests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are we sure there wont be daily quests? Doesn't the zone teaser in the patch notes mention daily quests?
    Doesn't mean there will be very many. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Doesn't mean there will be very many. :/
    Yeah, I guess technically even Timeless isle had daily quests. I just want a high quality hub with even the slightest amount of lore. 3-5 dailys would be good enough.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    WoD is one giant Timless Isle.
    Yea, and its getting really old, if they can't manage more than creating this type of so called content, it might be time to pack it in. I did not like TI one bit, I stayed in all the other area all the way up to the launch of WoD. I had already ran all of my character through at least all the LFR's. I did not need to 496 crap tokens and Ordos was a complete waste of time. He was the only reason I went over there, but with endless amounts of numb nuts constantly pulling all the mobs to him it just got to the point where I just stop going over there period.

Consider this expansion cost an additional $10, which was most to cover the boosted 90 that came with it, this expansion outside of raid content has been pretty sad so far. If all we are getting is more of the same I doubt very much will continue you to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    The story elements are being put into Garrison Campaign Quests that unlock weekly (just like the previous Garrison Campaign). I'm really not sold on this model. I liked MoP's setup better.
    Fuck that shit. I've not seen more contrived and annoying gating for questing than the bullshit weekly shit. That's the worst way to go at that possible. If they want to gate it, at least put it behind some sort of activity like grinding items or rep without limits so player him or herself can dictate the speed of opening the next part.

I fucking hate that artificial "not now just because" bullshit.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Fuck that shit. I've not seen more contrived and annoying gating for questing than the bullshit weekly shit. That's the worst way to go at that possible. If they want to gate it, at least put it behind some sort of activity like grinding items or rep without limits so player him or herself can dictate the speed of opening the next part.

I fucking hate that artificial "not now just because" bullshit.
    It just goes to prove they weren't completely listening when most people said they enjoyed the 5.1 quests. For me, I enjoyed having a bonus questline open up while doing dailies. It's like saying "Wow, these toppings taste really good on this pizza" while the chef responds with "You like toppings, huh?" and gives you only toppings for your next meal.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    It just goes to prove they weren't completely listening when most people said they enjoyed the 5.1 quests. For me, I enjoyed having a bonus questline open up while doing dailies. It's like saying "Wow, these toppings taste really good on this pizza" while the chef responds with "You like toppings, huh?" and gives you only toppings for your next meal.
    Chef hands you a plate of moldy, old anchovies.

"Ugh? What's this?"

Chef: "You said you liked toppings..."

I really, really hope most of the questing isn't in yet, but given what we got in 6.1 I'm not sure I should get my hopes up.

I just don't get their logic. Some people like dailies, some people probably did like the TI style, other probably like something different of both of those. Why not stick a bit of everything in one zone? I mean wouldn't it make for a more varied better experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I just don't get their logic. Some people like dailies, some people probably did like the TI style, other probably like something different of both of those. Why not stick a bit of everything in one zone? I mean wouldn't it make for a more varied better experience?
    It doesn't fit the "one size for all" mold they've been trying to model this game around since WotLK.

That's why everything has to happen in bite size chunks. Everything has to be 15-30 minute activity. And it's not working. Despite the failures of GW2 on many fronts, their devs on one interview put it eloquently, same content cannot please everyone. Blizzard is not understanding this.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Chef hands you a plate of moldy, old anchovies.

"Ugh? What's this?"

Chef: "You said you liked toppings..."
    Haha, exactly.

I don't like how the quests are just there waiting in your garrison, with no trigger and a weekly lockout. What's even worse is that they're randomly out of order!

About Timeless Isle, I'm still at a complete loss as to what people liked about it.

To me it was a boring, story-less zone with an awful reputation grind and a rare spawn you killed once a day for a chance at a mount. That wasn't really fun, but people seem to like it for some reason.