Poll: Would you like to see Galleon and Oondasta made 15min respawns?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Anectodal evidence. No seriously it took me around 1k+ kills to get the Dragon from Stonecore and 600+ account wide for Onyxia. According to that their droprate isn't anywhere close to 1% either.
    You can try to deceive yourself all you want but the truth is obvious to anyone willing to rationalize a bit. You're obviously focused on the "it's 1% drop rate" theory and you won't change your mind no matter how obvious the evidence. If someone thinks a mount that has been around since the start of MOP (granted the first few months they couldn't be looted) and was and still is farmed on a weekly basis by entire raid groups AND it's personal loot and it's sitting at 0,2% global representation could have a 1% drop rate, then you must be part of the group of people that refuses to admit a missile is coming their way when it's already visible by the naked eye.

I mean, it's not even 1 of the mounts that is sitting at 0,2%, it's 3 mounts (Nalak, Sha and Gallion(0,3%)). Not to mention Rukhmar being around for a tiny fragment of the time the MOP World Bosses are and already close to 0,2% having it.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-04-18 at 12:13 PM.

I feel like they don't want it to have a lower cooldown because people could just keep server jumping with a bunch of coins and farm all day until they get the mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    I feel like they don't want it to have a lower cooldown because people could just keep server jumping with a bunch of coins and farm all day until they get the mount.
    You can only loot them once per week on each character, so this couldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    You can only loot them once per week on each character, so this couldn't happen.
    So once you loot it you can't coin it again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    You can coin the mount....
    You can only coin it once per week. If for some reason you didn't coin the first time you killed the WB, then yes, you can go kill it again and coin it after the 2nd kill, but it's still only a total of 1 coin per week.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-04-18 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    You can only coin it once per week. If for some reason you didn't coin the first time you killed the WB, then yes, you can go kill it again and coin it after the 2nd kill, but it's still only a total of 1 coin per week.
    Ah sorry my bad.

Yes, please. We need to hit Blizz about this on twitter or something. There aren't enough instances of Pandaria to go around anymore. Too many mount hunters and lots can solo Galleon. It's nearly impossible to find him alive unless you're willing to hate yourself enough to just sit there and stare at the blank space for two hours.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Adding to Curtarc's post, I have killed every world boss 400-500 times not including the coin rolls (add another 400 chances to each) and in total this is what I have seen out of the huge groups that used to kill it every week in MoP (haven't seen anyone get anything in WoD as groups are much smaller);
    Sha; 2
    Oondasta; at least 5
    Nalak; 2
    Galleon; 1

Decreasing the spawn to match the 15 minutes timers for Sha and Nalak wouldn't make the mounts any easier to farm it would just mean that mount farmers would be able to form groups without having Galleon or Oon killed in the time it took to get people and travel to the spawns. There is still the lockouts on characters so you can't even 'farm' it.
    Currently, any group I join has at least Galleon or Oon or both down and people just leave because no one knows when it was last killed and no one can be bothered sitting there for 2 or more hours.
    In MoP I could easily make a group on an alt or join one where all the bosses would be up. Now on my alts I have to sit at Sha or Nalak (don't even bother with Oon or Galleon) and wait until someone decides to solo him and tag it at the last minute.
    The fact groups can't even form affects the community as well. Big groups of people for world boss runs were always fun and when someone got something the whole group would roar and congratulate the person. People would always chat in the raid chat about their mounts and how long it took to get and some would just have a conversation. Now you get a group of 5 or just solo them. If we could get big groups going again because the spawns were shorter and people wouldn't bail because one was down it would be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Yes, please. We need to hit Blizz about this on twitter or something. There aren't enough instances of Pandaria to go around anymore. Too many mount hunters and lots can solo Galleon. It's nearly impossible to find him alive unless you're willing to hate yourself enough to just sit there and stare at the blank space for two hours.
    I have just tweeted this to @WarCraftDevs on Twitter. If I don't get a response I will try to send it to more. We already have over 50 votes and this is only from a small amount of the WoW community. Their reasons to justify not changing it couldn't possibly outweigh the reasons people have for changing it.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2015-04-18 at 03:54 AM.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Yeah, I think they should have the same respawn as Sha of Anger

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell I would like to see it 5 minutes for all world bosses. It is so hard to get a group together for all of them.

Deleted
    This situation is horrible. I am in a small server but there are always people from other servers coming here and killing these bosses. This means that if you want to kill these bosses you either have to camp them and as soon as 1 respawns you create a group in LFG or you have to keep looking at LFG and wait for someone else to create a group in their own server. For someone with multiple characters farming these bosses weekly is a nightmare. So yes, give them 15m respawns just like the other 2 bosses.

I don't see why they aren't already.

After several unsuccessful tweets to Devs I put this up in the General Discussion thread on the Blizz forums. If anyone cares to help bump or add something to it it can be found here;
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17084519712#1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    After several unsuccessful tweets to Devs I put this up in the General Discussion thread on the Blizz forums. If anyone cares to help bump or add something to it it can be found here;
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17084519712#1
    Unfortunately I am from EU so I cannot add anything to that thread I think Blizzard doesn't really care because the only people that get hurt from this are people that do these Pandaria WB runs weekly and with more than 1 character and the number of people regularly doing that is probably abysmal. The average player either doesn't care enough to do these runs or cares enough but only does the run with 1 character per week or whenever he feels like it. This seems like one of those things that are on the bottom of their priority list, which is unfortunate because there is no rational reason not to change the respawn timer of these bosses.

Deleted
    Those bosses are now shared between realms with CRZ, so I have tested how many of them are available in EU English realms.

There are currently only 6 CRZ clusters: 2 PvE clusters, 2 PvP clusters, 1 RP, 1 RP-PvP. On RP and RP-PvP bosses are mostly available, but sometimes people do kill them. On PvE and PvP clusters bosses die within 15 minutes of spawning, often being camped by several players. Even Nalak is dead most of the time.

This needs to be fixed. There are too few of those bosses with too long respawn timer. When MoP was live it wasn't a big deal because each realm had their own bosses. Now there are only 6 realm clusters for all EU English realms combined.

For those who are interested in list of realms in each CRZ cluster (to farm rares or bosses in any pre-WoD zone), here is full list for PvE and PvP realms:
    Code:
    PvE 1
    - Aszune / Shadowsong
    - Azjol-Nerub / Quel'Thalas
    - Azuremyst / Stormrage
    - Blade's Edge / Vek'nilash / Eonar
    - Bronze Dragonflight/ Nordrassil
    - Bronzebeard / Aerie Peak
    - Darkspear / Terokkar / Saurfang
    - Doomhammer / Turalyon
    - Draenor
    - Emerald Dream / Terenas
    - Khadgar / Bloodhoof
    - Kul Tiras / Alonsus / Anachronos
    - Lightbringer / Mazrigos
    - Magtheridon

PvE 2
    - Aggramar / Hellscream
    - Chamber of Aspects
    - Ghostlands / Dragonblight
    - Hellfire / Arathor
    - Kilrogg / Runetotem / Nagrand
    - Silvermoon
    - Wildhammer / Thunderhorn

PvP 1
    - Burning Legion
    - Darksorrow / Genjuros / Neptulon
    - Dentarg / Tarren Mill
    - Dragonmaw / Spinebreaker / Haomarush / Vashj / Stormreaver
    - Drak’thul / Burning Blade
    - Emeriss / Agamaggan / Hakkar / Crushridge / Bloodscalp / Twilight's Hammer
    - Karazhan / Lightning’s Blade / Deathwing / The Maelstrom
    - Kor’gall / Bloodfeather / Executus / Burning Steppes / Shattered Hand
    - Xavius / Skullcrusher / Al'Akir
    - Zenedar / Bladefist / Frostwhisper

PvP 2
    - Auchindoun / Dunemaul / Jaedenar
    - Grim Batol / Aggra
    - Kazzak
    - Outland
    - Ragnaros
    - Ravencrest
    - Shattered Halls / Balnazzar / Ahn'Qiraj / Trollbane / Talnivarr / Chromaggus / Boulderfist / Daggerspine / Laughing Skull / Sunstrider
    - Stormscale
    - Sylvanas
    - Twisting Nether
    This list is current. Blizzard might change that any time. RP and RP-PvP clusters are obvious - all RP realms are in one RP cluster, all RP-PvP realms are in one RP-PvP cluster.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2015-04-27 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    That's a mild understatement. I remember only being able to kill Galleon in the early hours of the monring and never seeing him up during the day for so long.
    Yes, he had several days timer then. Got gradually tuned down.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every day when I check Custom Groups, there are 1 - 5 groups going for all the MoP bosses, so no reason to change the respawn timer, more than enough groups for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Well duh, just getting a group for oon is a pain and then getting there to see his dead means its another 2-5 weeks before another group forms
    Why?

You only need like 3 people to kill them all. Takes a few minutes anyways but everytime I do it, I get into a group of at least 5

On topic - Yea, 5 minutes should be golden. No point it keeping it higher

All of the world bosses are soloable.

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    Every day when I check Custom Groups, there are 1 - 5 groups going for all the MoP bosses, so no reason to change the respawn timer, more than enough groups for it.
    Are you US? Oceanic servers have literally 0 groups going as we have 8-10 realms but only two cross-realm realms where bosses can be up. The guy above also listed his problems on EU. Oceanics cannot cross-realm with US or EU either so we are left in the dark.
    Also, how many of those groups actually have Galleon and Oon up and aren't just stating that they are "killing all"? Most of the groups I find only kill Sha/Nalak because the others are never up.

- - - Updated - - -

Binki your post really puts into perspective the influx of people that are now killing world bosses. It really supports why they should be made 15 minute respawns. Too many people not enough bosses.
    I'd also just like to reiterate the fact that Galleon and Oon are NOT RARE SPAWNS. They are not rare mobs either. They are a WORLD BOSS intended to be killed repeatedly by groups (well not so much groups now) of players for their sweet loot. People seem to be getting they confused with rare spawns. If they were, their portrait would have a silver dragon and my UI would tell me they are a 'rare elite'