Deleted

Stagger nerf now changed on patch notes. from 10% > 20%

Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 20% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor.

So, they have uped the base line from 10% to 20% on patch notes now. Making it "only" a 20% stagger nerf (and a armor buff)

So guys, 6.2 is a few months away, and a lot of testing will be done.
    A lot of changes are to come in patch notes until it goes live

Yep. At least they're aware that was going to be too heavy a nerf.

Still not happy about the direction they're taking, by removing Stagger from Shuffle.

I guess they realized they might as well remove Purifying Brew from the game. Between 10% Stagger and no one taking Serenity.. why bother.

With 20%, we may PB a couple of times on an end boss now.

Deleted
    To me it's still too heavy, I already feel like i'm taking too much damage without shuffle up and we'll have 10% less stagger next patch than this one without stagger, i feel like monks would be fine with only 10% less stagger (either base stagger or shuffle) and guard halved (would return to the state of the start of the expansion)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evtanking View Post
    To me it's still too heavy, I already feel like i'm taking too much damage without shuffle up and we'll have 10% less stagger next patch than this one without stagger, i feel like monks would be fine with only 10% less stagger (either base stagger or shuffle) and guard halved (would return to the state of the start of the expansion)
    IMO it might work, since we still got the armor buff!

The most important change to the stagger mechanic that we're all too often overlooking is really the fact that it no longer ignores armor piercing attacks.

I wouldn't be too eager to sacrifice guard on the altar of Stagger given that Guard is now our only defense against a number of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    The most important change to the stagger mechanic that we're all too often overlooking is really the fact that it no longer ignores armor piercing attacks.

I wouldn't be too eager to sacrifice guard on the altar of Stagger given that Guard is now our only defense against a number of things.
    Yea, I'm a little worried about a guard nerf along with the stagger not longer working on bleeds and other armor ignoring attacks

Deleted
    I may be the only one, but this sudden "fix" worries me even more. This very much shows, the developers have no idea what they're doing to start with. If they change the nerf after 1 day of feedback, what was the innitial nerf based on in the first place?

Having said that, I couldn't care less about base stagger, it's boring. I want shuffle to be helpful and meaningful, for all I care, remove base stagger completely and give shuffle a nice stagger buff. This way we take more damage than before but atleast the active feel of the class remains.

Of course Holinka can't balance things.

Look at his arms in the latest video. Dude has -no idea- what balance is.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Of course Holinka can't balance things.

Look at his arms in the latest video. Dude has -no idea- what balance is.
    I don't disagree with the first sentence but wtf does holinka have to do with BM PVE tank balancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I don't disagree with the first sentence but wtf does holinka have to do with BM PVE tank balancing?
    Pssst there are PvP BrM'ers out there.
    Also pssst - not everyone raids mythic so basing tuning on Mythic gear is a bad idea.

You might want to try and remember how rough monk tanking was on a fresh 100 compared to other tanks. It was brutally painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewlawn View Post
    I may be the only one, but this sudden "fix" worries me even more. This very much shows, the developers have no idea what they're doing to start with. If they change the nerf after 1 day of feedback, what was the innitial nerf based on in the first place?

Having said that, I couldn't care less about base stagger, it's boring. I want shuffle to be helpful and meaningful, for all I care, remove base stagger completely and give shuffle a nice stagger buff. This way we take more damage than before but atleast the active feel of the class remains.
    Its looking more like a business sell tactic...ask high and negotiate down to what you were originally willing to take in the first place.

The most worrying parts to me is redesigning an entire spec's playstyle mid expansion and balancing that playstyle around gear instead of gear balancing around it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    The BM PVP fad came and left, there's literally 0 in the EU 3v3 ladder and 1 in the US 3v3 ladder.

Also nobody wants or cares about tanks in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    The BM PVP fad came and left, there's literally 0 in the EU 3v3 ladder and 1 in the US 3v3 ladder.

Also nobody wants or cares about tanks in pvp.
    Nobody? Not a single person at all? Not that one person in the US ladder?
    Is your record count including people who don't do RBG's and Arena's? Or not?
    Can you show me how you came to the conclusion that there's only one BrM in the entire US that PvP's?
    Because I sure do in random BG's -- but I'm not ranked. Somehow you missed me though?
    So... are you 100% sure, without a doubt, you speak for the entire BrM PvP community?

Also, I don't see a single person in this class forum talking about fresh 100 Brewmasters. Purely end-game raiding and how we revolve around that and the lower stuff we get trucked. Funny that.

Also, I don't see a single person in this class forum talking about fresh 100 Brewmasters. Purely end-game raiding and how we revolve around that and the lower stuff we get trucked. Funny that.
    That's... actually a bit of a lie.

Low gear / low skill brewmasters have been a cornerstone of the nerf discussion ever since we got the 6.0 hotfix buff.

Though also I don't think anyone really mentioned this line of discussion at all in this thread except you. Like you brought it up just suddenly and I gotta be honest I'm curious as to why. That's not to say that it isn't a valid line of discussion, however.

Also pssst - not everyone raids mythic so basing tuning on Mythic gear is a bad idea.

You might want to try and remember how rough monk tanking was on a fresh 100 compared to other tanks. It was brutally painful.
    It was quite a joke after the buffs went though. It was even ok before the buffs, though if you had a bad group things would get rough.