Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Spare a thought for the classes who have variable CD times, RIP combat rogues.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Captain Planet called it here first

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    Exactly why on earth does 1 person out of 20-30 get to decide when or if I get to use the ring that "I" had to bust my balls for in order to get it in the first place.
    Not to mention the fact that when 1 tanks triggers the effect in order for him to survive a boss mechanic it fucks over the other tank if and when he needs to take over and gets hit by those same mechanics.
    Now this may not be a big issue but I can see it happening regardless of that.
    On top of that say the 1 person in control of all the rings lets call him Sauron misclicks or triggers the ring too early/late but just perfect for him he will have fucked over every other dps/healer.
    Such a wank idea the more I think about it.
    The fact the you put an accent on 'I' leads me to believe that your guild is bad(and you are one of the reasons).And 'you' busted your balls getting the ring? were't there other 9-29 ppl involved when you got those stones/runes?
    Team work isn't in your vocabulary m8,keep the ring at 690 ilvl and get 'your' proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy View Post
    The fact the you put an accent on 'I' leads me to believe that your guild is bad(and you are one of the reasons).And 'you' busted your balls getting the ring? were't there other 9-29 ppl involved when you got those stones/runes?
    Team work isn't in your vocabulary m8,keep the ring at 690 ilvl and get 'your' proc.
    Will all due respect, 2/10 is not a leading light in the raid scene.

I think there is a problem with the fact this is entirely group controlled. The item is gathered on an individual basis and deserves an individual CD.

If the heal ring works on all heals, it will likely be paired with tranquility to trivialize encounter mechanics, if it's restricted to single target heal (all, not just effective), we'll be forced to chain expensive heals, if it can possible trivialize otherwise deadly mechanics, if it will be restricted to effective heal, the absorb will end up being rather small.

Deleted
    The tank one is weird... It's like an effective cooldown for only one tank, in what way does that make sense? Unless there's like an ability that only needs to be mitigated every 2 minutes, or something like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Spare a thought for the classes who have variable CD times, RIP combat rogues.
    From a mythic progression PoV this ring is a disaster waiting to happen. They will never be able to balance around it.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This ring is gonna be a nighrmare in LFR....... Can`t wait to see all the players fucking up the ring prog in LFR
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    if properly employed it'll add more strategy to bosses. it'll give a chance to make bosses more challenging and more fun. is this a bad thing?
    Yes it is. It will unevitably make bosses tuned around the idea that full raid have rings. So, if you have one person without a ring, it gimps full raid. Like, having a not geared person on progression. It will neither make bosses more challenging, nor make them more fun. It just gives a raid wide cooldown that is very unreliable and very unfair to classes that have no 2 minutes cd/no cd at all. It will make switching classes a huge pain in the ass. IMO, it is just another example of Blizzard's bad design.
    Last edited by l33t; 2015-04-16 at 11:13 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainkrabs View Post
    Not with T18 2P though..
    You're right, I missed the t18 2pc... so lining up won't happen, and the RL decides when to use the ring...probably conveniently when all their CD's are up, yeah, that won't breed resentment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underz View Post
    Will all due respect, 2/10 is not a leading light in the raid scene.

I think there is a problem with the fact this is entirely group controlled. The item is gathered on an individual basis and deserves an individual CD.
    Dosen't take a 10/10 M raider to recognize the narcissist mentality. Please tell me tho,wich part of the legendary quest have 'YOU' done(without the presence of other players) since that's what you are implying.
    Damage meters do a pretty good job in making players think only of themselves,we don't need a legendary ring to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yes it is. It will unevitably make bosses tuned around the idea that full raid have rings. So, if you have one person without a ring, it gimps full raid. Like, having a not geared person on progression. It will neither make bosses more challenging, nor make them more fun. It just gives a raid wide cooldown that is very unreliable and very unfair to classes that have no 2 minutes cd/no cd at all. It will make switching classes a huge pain in the ass. IMO, it is just another example of Blizzard's bad design.
    you are guaranteed to get the legendary ring before mythic opens if you clear full heroic with the 715 ring

you need 12 items, each item has a 100% drop chance and there are 12 bosses. you then kill the final boss for his item. bam, legendary.

if you think blizzard will design normal/heroic around the legendary ring then you are mistaken. only mythic will be designed with it in mind.

Deleted
    Didn't they remove stuff like Skull Banner for a reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    if properly employed it'll add more strategy to bosses. it'll give a chance to make bosses more challenging and more fun. is this a bad thing?
    As if bosses are going to be tuned around having the legendary ring. Blizzard will never do something that stupid. How would you react if you came back from a break to find out you can't raid current tier because having the legendary is MANDATORY to complete the encounter?

To clarify: I'm not talking about the strong preference that most guilds will have to take people with the ring over people without one, I'm talking about the actual encounter itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    As if bosses are going to be tuned around having the legendary ring. Blizzard will never do something that stupid. How would you react if you came back from a break to find out you can't raid current tier because having the legendary is MANDATORY to complete the encounter?

To clarify: I'm not talking about the strong preference that most guilds will have to take people with the ring over people without one, I'm talking about the actual encounter itself.
    mythic will be tuned around 20 legendary rings. normal/heroic will not be.

that's how it should be, and that's how it's gonna be done.

10+ Year Old Account

I seriously doubt this will be the case. We all agree that legendaries will make fights easier. They will never be mandatory regardless of level. Not to mention the fact that stepping into mythic with 20 players is a huge pain in the ass for guilds as it is, making 1 item mandatory will make completing a roster even harder. Not gonna happen.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

I doubt it's even that bad. Rings will likely take ~4 weeks to get, 3 weeks post normal/heroic release. Mythic will mostly be cleared before we see the first legendary rings. Completely agree with you that normal, even heroic will not require rings to clear(unless you're trying to pug it :d)

Not that it's going to affect me at all but I thought of this when I saw the proc. Either having it will make fights trivial or they'll be so hard that you need the ring proc to defeat them at all acting as an artificial gate (depending on how hard/easy it is to get the final step). Neither one sounds like it's a good approach, and this is definitely going to be a requirement for PUGs like the cloak was in MoP.

I seriously doubt this will be the case. We all agree that legendaries will make fights easier. They will never be mandatory regardless of level. Not to mention the fact that stepping into mythic with 20 players is a huge pain in the ass for guilds as it is, making 1 item mandatory will make completing a roster even harder. Not gonna happen.
    if you're raiding mythic at all you will be on the quest line for the legendary ring when the raid opens.

if you're in a raiding guild who will attempt mythic the first week it opens, then you will have cleared the raid for sure, and because you're guaranteed to upgrade from 715 > legendary with just 1 normal/heroic reset (the 12 tomes have a 100% drop chance from bosses... and there are 12) it means you will enter mythic with the legendary.

so yeah, mythic will most definitely be tuned and balanced around the presence of 20 legendary rings. and it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    I doubt it's even that bad. Rings will likely take ~4 weeks to get, 3 weeks post normal/heroic release. Mythic will mostly be cleared before we see the first legendary rings. Completely agree with you that normal, even heroic will not require rings to clear(unless you're trying to pug it :d)
    OMFGDFHGDKJGDSKJGSG

you are GUARANTEED to get the legendary ring if you are on that part of the quest line when the raid opens. the items you need have a 100% drop chance and you need 12. there are 12 bosses. last time i checked 12 = 12.

you are guaranteed to get the legendary ring before mythic opens if you clear full heroic with the 715 ring
    you need 12 items, each item has a 100% drop chance and there are 12 bosses. you then kill the final boss for his item. bam, legendary.
    if you think blizzard will design normal/heroic around the legendary ring then you are mistaken. only mythic will be designed with it in mind.
    Did you read all my message or only its first sentence? Balancing bosses around full raid having leg rings is just a top of an iceberg.

What about great unfairness towards classes that do not have 2 min cd?
    What about classes that do not have any cd at all?
    What about a person who starts raid buff getting driven away from ring's aoe radius because bad rng in boss mechanics? What if that person died just before ring's aoe happened?

How can't you see the design is simply BAD?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though