10+ Year Old Account

Sneaky Mistweaver Rsk nerf.

I just realized.

Rising Sun Kick (Windwalker, Mistweaver) now deals 5% less damage.

I can understand windwalker (sort of)
    but mistweaver? Mistweaver i know it's only 5% pretty useless to really debate over but is RsK to strong for mistweavers why nerf it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

It should be quite clear at this point that Blizzard has no intentions of fistweaving being remotely viable for anything other than stacking mana tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably as an unfortunate side effect, as I don't think Blizz is bothered to create separate coefficients for different specs.
    5% nerf to fistweaving skills is not like it'll kill fistweaving for the 'dps utility' anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Probably as an unfortunate side effect, as I don't think Blizz is bothered to create separate coefficients for different specs.
    5% nerf to fistweaving skills is not like it'll kill fistweaving for the 'dps utility' anyway.
    They clearly do, with some spells/abilities, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Isn't that like saying i'm to lazy to separate them so you have to deal with it? Why even have rsk and not another ability if it effects both specs with the same ability. Mistweaver shouldn't have to suffer because of blizzards asphyxiation on nerfing windwalkers and that should be said if it was ever vice-versa.
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

I think it's also partly they want mistweaver dps to be based on some percent of windwalker dps. If they reduce WW damage by tuning abilities but don't apply the same to MW, that difference will shift a bit. It sucks, but the other nerfs to WW did the same thing I believe (where applicable - things like the stance nerf didn't carry over.)

7+ Year Old Account
    How is "clearly stated in the patch notes" sneaky?
    disco inferno

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not as big of a nerf as you might think.

Fistweaving will stay a powerful dps utility, and be strong outside of building mana tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    This is not as big of a nerf as you might think.

Fistweaving will stay a powerful dps utility, and be strong outside of building mana tea.
    Oh absolutely i don't think anyone is willing to not agree with you there. However on the developers end it seems lazy not separating and just nerfing windwalker rsk.From a mistweaver perspective it's completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    How is "clearly stated in the patch notes" sneaky?
    It didn't come out with the intial notes and no changes effected mistweavers but all of the sudden we got a "general" rsk. It's not super sneaky but still never the less a sneak attack at us mistweavers >:]

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    Oh absolutely i don't think anyone is willing to not agree with you there. However on the developers end it seems lazy not separating and just nerfing windwalker rsk.From a mistweaver perspective it's completely unnecessary.
    I think as long as changing Crane/WW will not break the other entirely, they want to keep the same attack power/weapon dps coefficients, and I guess tune each spec around other things. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually added a damage mod to Crane Stance (like the 20% healing mod on Serpent Stance) to tune Crane separately if it ever turned out that WW needed to be nerfed but Crane was already too weak, or something of that nature.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise