[Resto] Log Analysis Help

Hi, I'm main switching from resto druid to rshaman this week. It's a bit of a change and I was hoping someone could go over my logs from heroic and provide feedback.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...m1QDc4#fight=1

My trinkets: 686 Talisman (Spirit/Multi), 680 Chew Toy (Int/Spirit), 670 Shards of nothing (Int/on use haste)

Glyphs: healing wave, spiritwalkers, HST

Much appreciated~

Healing rain usage seems a bit lowish. HST looks good. EB is sometimes sporatic but it does take lower priority than keeping ppl alive.

This a pug? Cause I would kick the other resto shaman to the curb to be honest.

It's sometimes hard to really tell all that much from farm night logs, but a few things:

- Riptide use is low, and as a result you're getting limited value from High Tide. On Kromog, your CHs hit 4.1 people on average. 4.8 on Oregorger and Gruul. With that many people in the raid, you should be hitting 5.0-5.5 people on average. You're losing out on 20-25% of Chain Heal's potential. If you cast Chain Heal a little less and Riptide a little more, you'd do a bit more healing overall.

- Mana. Ditch the spirit trinket and get a few stacks of mana potions instead. You're not OOM if you haven't been drinking; you're just being cheap. At least swap out the spirit trinket for less mana-demanding fights like Flamebender and Oregorger. I'd also recommend getting rid of it for fights like Iron Maidens; with good Elemental Blast use you should be entering the final phase with full mana anyway, and spirit isn't really going to help you much in the next 1-2 minutes of crazy healing. You could swap the spirit trinket back in for Blast Furnace, but I personally don't bother as the final phase is a joke on heroic anyway (as long as you survive the transition into it, but HTT solves that). The same goes for Blackhand: if any phase drags on so long that mana is a serious problem, raid DPS is so low that there's no way you're going to kill him anyway.

- Earth Shield uptime could be more consistent. Especially on Flamebender, there are two gaps of 1½ minute each in the uptime. It's not a very high priority spell, but you should have had some spare GCDs during that time to refresh it. It's a good spell for filling empty GCDs while moving or during any kind of repositioning or transition. Aiming for 100% isn't really desirable, but around 80-90% with no gaps longer than 30 seconds is reasonable. It doesn't heal for very much, but you want it to be up already if the tank gets slapped and getting the +20% bonus on Riptides and stray HST/CH/HR/HTT/Asc healing means the tank will require less attention.

- Non-healing utility. You were far behind the other healers on dispels on Darmac, including letting a DoT on yourself expire rather than dispelling it. You also missed three Conflagrates, which would have meant a wipe on mythic. You didn't use Capacitor Totem, despite there being plenty of stunnable adds (most notably on Thogar) and trash. Blast Furnace isn't in the logs so I can't check interrupts, but I figured I'd mention it anyway: Wind Shear is ranged and off the GCD, so you can interrupt without taking any time off from healing.

Other than that, not much to say. Healing Stream Totem uptime is great. Elemental Blast use looks good. Healing Rain use could be a bit higher on some fights, but not much. Ascendance overhealed a lot on some fights, but that's pretty understandable on farm content. Astral Shift could have been used more, but you did use it multiple times on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnmean View Post
    This a pug? Cause I would kick the other resto shaman to the curb to be honest.
    I assume it's a non-raiding guildie or someone's friend. We have someone like that along for heroic most weeks.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Alltat is right, the low shaman was just a friend we were carrying, as its been farm for awhile.

Thanks for the detailed analysis! I definitely forgot about Cap Totem and I'll be sure to use it more often now. As for Riptide, I've read that I should only keep one on melee and one on ranged. Are you saying I should use it on CD?

I also only have 2pc right now.

Lastly, I actually ran out of mana pots for that farm night. During mythic this week I will have a stack and will be sure to use it.
    Last edited by tinef; 2015-04-17 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinef View Post
    As for Riptide, I've read that I should only keep one on melee and one on ranged. Are you saying I should use it on CD?
    Pretty much on cooldown, yes. You need at least three Riptides up to get full synergies with Chain Heal: one to target for the +25% bonus and two more that you can get High Tide jumps to. Since High Tide has a limited range, you generally want as many Riptides up as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tinef View Post
    Lastly, I actually ran out of mana pots for that farm night. During mythic this week I will have a stack and will be sure to use it.
    I always carry 40 just so there's no risk of running out. I never actually use more than 5-10 during an evening of progression (and usually much less), but it's nice to have spares. Mana potions can make a big difference, so you don't want to have the raid wipe because you didn't bring enough consumables.

So I did mythic this week and I was extremely disappointed with my numbers. I feel like there is always something to heal so I forget to Ele Blast. I think my Healing Rain usage is also low. Can anyone take a look at my mythic logs and point out other flaws?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...WhntqZ#fight=1

Aside from the inconsistent Healing Rain uptide (you should have been able to get another million healing done with it on Oregorger), not much stands out in the logs. Healing Stream Totem uptime is good. Riptide use isn't perfect, but fine. Number of targets hit per Chain Heal isn't great, but okay. Cooldown use is mostly good, though both Ascendance casts on Oregorger were pretty much wasted and you didn't use it at all on P3 Blackhand. Earth Shield uptime is spotty, but not terrible.

You did have a very low active time on Darmac, though: 94.9% compared to >99% for every other healer. You had mana left at the end of the fight and didn't use a mana potion, so there was definitely room for being more aggressive. You don't really push your mana as hard as you could on any fight, and it seems you didn't use a single mana potion, so you can definitely ditch that spirit trinket and get some more intellect (or anything, really; unused spirit is about as useful as agility). But overall I can't really see anything you're doing wrong, just that everything could be done a little bit better. You should be able to do another ~10k HPS in that gear, but I don't think there's any quick fix. You just need to be a little more perfectionist and a lot more aggressive.