Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchmageAllayne View Post
    Since when it's about devs being happy? players are the one who should be happy....
    That's one of the big reasons WoW has been on the decline for years.

Let me ask a serious question, instead of ranting - if you can get through the whole video, or just reading the notes - do you feel you have a good idea of what the current state of PvP is in WoW right now, and do you feel confident you have a roadmap for where it's going in the future?

Honest question, I'd really like some serious replies.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was just sad.

This is probably awfully interesting for the 10% or so of the players in the game that still PvP and aren't bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalak View Post
    "They are happy with the ability pruning, and in fact will probably prune more abilities down the road." WHAT???? Why are they happy with it? Arms is a 3 button rotation, and is just quite frankly boring as shit to play. So many other specs are the same way now, what other abilities are left to prune?
    Personally I think the ability prune was the worse thing that came about in WOD, it was uneven and sucked the fun out of some of the classes completely.
    *on the plus side if this is their future plan it may save me the trouble of thinking about subbing again.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    This is probably awfully interesting for the 10% or so of the players in the game that still PvP and aren't bots.
    Hey, don't you publicly shame botters! They're customers, too!

I'm still blown away they said that. My jaw was on the floor. Why would give a flying fuck about a botter? They're cheating!

Hell, I guess I'll go buy one of those nifty bots and bot my heart out, since Lore says they have feelings, too, and they're customers with the same rights as players who don't cheat. I just won't get caught, like they advised me.

I'm glad I never bought stock, because if I had, I'd be dumping it right now. Unbelievable.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Amusing...

"They want to add more “knobs” that lets them deal with adjusting skills for pvp without effecting pve. They don't think having a PvE and PvP version of every skill is the correct solution."

Sigh. The same answer that hasn't worked for more than 8 years now. Everyone knows that they need to completely separate the PvE and PvP skills. This has been proven time and time again. Even from a purely optics standpoint, of course they need to separate them to avoid the accusations of impacts of PvP / PvE changes on the PvE / PvP game.

Stupid is as stupid does...

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Di I fakign read this right? Legend Ring Effect active in World PvP?

How about making PvP about player versus player not killing ~~200 Raid Bosses? (Serious estimated Number required to get the next step after ~~50 first part and ~~90 second part).
    One rogue could just tag everyone who is doing let's say world boss to PvP combat and it nerfs entire raid. That would be really unbalanced.

Deleted
    Wow........pretty much every answer they gave was retarded lol.

Ledgendary ring procs in pvp??
    No addressing racials till next expansion?
    They appear to be very happy?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The same answer that hasn't worked for more than 8 years now. Everyone knows that they need to completely separate the PvE and PvP skills. This has been proven time and time again. Even from a purely optics standpoint, of course they need to separate them to avoid the accusations of impacts of PvP / PvE changes on the PvE / PvP game.
    I agree with this, it's something I have been saying for years now. Hell it is something that is done in RIFT, and I am pretty sure a few other MMO's to boot. It would make balancing on their end a hell of a lot easier as well. Sure it would take a good while to design, but at this point who cares? It's end results would be well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Wow........pretty much every answer they gave was retarded lol.

Ledgendary ring procs in pvp??
    No addressing racials till next expansion?
    They appear to be very happy?
    I'm sorry they don't want to cater to people who aren't subscribed to the game.

Wait, no I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I agree with this, it's something I have been saying for years now. Hell it is something that is done in RIFT, and I am pretty sure a few other MMO's to boot. It would make balancing on their end a hell of a lot easier as well. Sure it would take a good while to design, but at this point who cares? It's end results would be well worth it.
    no they just need to remove organized pvp from the game altogether. if player want to attack other players out in the world fine. they need to use pve gear though and if some pve ability seems broken when attacking the other faction fine leave it alone. just make all npc's unattackable and make faction guards unkillable and able to 1-shot opposing players so nobody can grief in cities (on pve realms)

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    no they just need to remove organized pvp from the game altogether. if player want to attack other players out in the world fine. they need to use pve gear though and if some pve ability seems broken when attacking the other faction fine leave it alone. just make all npc's unattackable and make faction guards unkillable and able to 1-shot opposing players so nobody can grief in cities (on pve realms)
    Do you work for Blizzard? Because that's their usual approach to a problem - get rid of it, instead of fixing it, lol.

PvP is part of the game, they're not getting rid of it - they're an esport now, they're too invested. The sad thing is Holinka is in charge of it, which to me says it's going to get a lot worse, before it ever gets better.

More pruning? Whats so bad about having some abilities with only minimal effect or marginal use? Is it so bad to have some abilities only for the style? It's not like you have to put everything on the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    And what the hell is going on with Holinka's arms? One is twice the size of the other?
    He's just "really happy" every night after work thinking about all dem pvp stuffs. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    No question about flying???
    Flying in PVP would be weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    hey want to add more “knobs” that lets them deal with adjusting skills for pvp without effecting pve. They don't think having a PvE and PvP version of every skill is the correct solution.
    Which translate into they are as aware as the playerbase that it would be the best improvement of all possible improvements that could be made BUT it would cost them too much effort (revenu loss) to spend that substancial amount of work so they rather stick to their poorly disguised lie that "we dont feel it is the correct solution".

JUST LOL!

Botters

They know botters do not make the game look good.
    They put a lot of effort into stopping them.
    They are not transparent for a few reason. One key reason is they do not want to tip botters off. If they come up with a new method, they don’t want to inform botters of this while they are working on the system.
    And yet the last wave of bot bans were not permabans. Must not be that big a deal to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Personally I think the ability prune was the worse thing that came about in WOD, it was uneven and sucked the fun out of some of the classes completely.
    *on the plus side if this is their future plan it may save me the trouble of thinking about subbing again.
    I was quite shocked to read this too, i main a warrior and hate the overdependence on RNG of fury (And plain ol' hate tanking), so i'm stuck with Arms, which while bereft of most of its procs is still fun, but if more is removed, there will be nothing left!

Fun in a game starts with the character you play, if there's no fun in your spec, how can there be fun in raids, questing or PvP?

Blizz really need to consider where they want to take the game, i doubt it will be much fun if everybody just has 1 "Attack"-button (Or "Spell" for casters, variety!), slight exaggeration, but we're slowly heading there...

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I'm sorry they don't want to cater to people who aren't subscribed to the game.

Wait, no I'm not.
    People who aren't subscribed to the game are potential customers. They absolutely should keep former players in mind at all times, actually. Why do people leave? What gets them back? Every player that comes back is money in the bank.