Page 1 of 399
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movie] Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Spoilers)

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disn...-lucasfilm-ltd

The move comes after Disney buy Lucasarts for $4 billion today.

''Ms. Kennedy (co-chairman of Lucasarts) will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.''

MOD EDIT: Now that we are getting very close to the release. USE spoiler tags!
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2015-12-16 at 03:31 AM.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disn...-lucasfilm-ltd

The official Disney announcement. Well, hopefully only good things come from this, but I have my doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucas himself will consult on the film, but I still wonder how true it can stay with the others with Disney making it.

Deleted
    Didn't GL say there would only be more official SW movies over his dead body ?!

How did they convince one of the richest men in the world ?! Promised him the lifetime rule of a country ?!

Umm. All I can say is, if this is true, they have a wealth of stories from the Extended Universe to draw from. If they throw those plot lines away and start from scratch, I'm done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post

How did they convince one of the richest men in the world ?! Promised him the lifetime rule of a country ?!

And then he realized he was old and gonna die soon and wanted to leave a legacy as significant as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post

Once Disney owned LucasArts, they also owned the rights to all it's IP. So, they own Star Wars and could make Jar Jar Binks the Animated Series if they wanted to.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

sounds good even if its crap its some lazers to looks at @_@ LAZERS YALL
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Saltypoison View Post
    Umm. All I can say is, if this is true, they have a wealth of stories from the Extended Universe to draw from. If they throw those plot lines away and start from scratch, I'm done.
    Aye, the extended universe is gigantic, before from times before and after the films. I'd love to see a movie on the old school Mandalorians, some references to Revan or Trayus, or ones set in the Old Republic era in general. Don't think we will, though. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    well i knew that was gonna happen but not while lucas was alive.

Deleted
    as long as its not animated I dont care.

so disney now owns all the disney stuff, all the pixar stuff, all the marvel stuff, and all the star wars stuff O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    Aye, the extended universe is gigantic, before from times before and after the films. I'd love to see a movie on the old school Mandalorians, some references to Revan or Trayus, or ones set in the Old Republic era in general. Don't think we will, though. =/
    I'd LOVE to see them do the Vong war for Ep. 7-9. I get they'd have to condense it quite a bit, but they could do so much with the Anakin Solo/Tahiri stuff, not to mention setting up for future movies with Vergere/Jacen.

But like you, I'm skeptical

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so disney now owns all the disney stuff, all the pixar stuff, all the marvel stuff, and all the star wars stuff O-O
    Should make a movie with all that in it, just because they can.
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted
    Im interested to see who they cast for the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    as long as its not animated I dont care.
    Yeah I was thinking the same when I heard "Disney". It's too iconic I think to make an animated version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney buys Star Wars

Though they did a good job with The Avengers so it may not be as bad as it sounds.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was shocked when i read this... And then i remembered the last few years of marvel films especially Avengers..BRING ON EPISODE 7!!!

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind seeing another Star Wars movie but I don't know, would be great if they didn't make it animated.

Deleted
    Hey this might actually just be good now that Lucas isn't at the helm anymore.