Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think the articles came out because hipsters and millennials and hipster millennials wanted to be contrarian without any actual knowledge about film-making, directing, or screenwriting. Episode 7 isn't Citizen Kane, but it was well directed, written, and made.
    TFA have great visual effects, action, costumes and environment etc. But you cant say it was well written. It totaly fail in "the hero's journey" arc that Star Wars was a text book exampel of.

The paceing is totaly bizarre, In Star War we have have several scenes, that involves Lukes pilot skills before his first flight in the movie. In TFA we have one scenes that involves Reys pilot skills and that it after her first flight in the movie. In Star Wars, we get a short story about Alderaan, see Leias despair before the planet is destroyed, the audience feel and have a reason to care about the planet. In the TFA we get a short story about the alliance capital planet, see Leias despair but after the planet is destoyed. a unknown planet was destroyed...huuuu was the planet importent.

At the end of Star War we get a very short scene there we see Dart Vader survives, In TFA we get no hint that Phasma or Kylo survives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why are people who hate star wars in a star wars thread?
    Just because someone thinks the prequels are horrible, it doesn't mean they also hate star wars. People are not that binary, despite it being easy to label everyone who doesn't share your opinion a hater.

Without getting into the Rey Mary sue debate. Are you worried about believeable future conflict in the star wars films? How do you beat rey

I rewatched TFA yesterday and I still love it. I would have to put it as my #2 after Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Without getting into the Rey Mary sue debate. Are you worried about believeable future conflict in the star wars films? How do you beat rey
    By making her struggle to stay on the light side. The book is kinda more obvious about it, in her fight against Kylo she used her rage to win the combat and was determined to kill him. Thats why the theory that shes simply another reincarnation of the chosen one getting traction. It would also explain why she was dumped on jakku by Luke. Why shes a pretty similar character to Anakin Skywalker. Why Luke seem makes the face he does at the end of episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    By making her struggle to stay on the light side. The book is kinda more obvious about it, in her fight against Kylo she used her rage to win the combat and was determined to kill him. Thats why the theory that shes simply another reincarnation of the chosen one getting traction. It would also explain why she was dumped on jakku by Luke. Why shes a pretty similar character to Anakin Skywalker. Why Luke seem makes the face he does at the end of episode 7.
    Her biggest enemy could be herself you reckon. What you say makes sense and it is all there. Anakin Skywalker 2.0. I guess that's where Finn and poe will come into it as well with the team dynamic. They can help her stay cool while she does the heavy lifting fighting snorke/kylo

2 things they can do

1) portray Kylo as much more competent adn dangerous and attribute his previous failure to the wound from the bowcaster
    2) call his Knights of Ren homeboys
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-10-09 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Portray Kylo as much more competent adn dangerous and attribute his previous failure to the wound from the bowcaster
    Still it do not helpe, becuse goddess Rey did alrady defeat him in "mental" force battel during the interagetion. When he was fully rested and have all the advantages. He is burned as a credible threat, especially now the Luke is back.

He need a traning from hell, by Snoke, and need to be driven totaly crazy of it to be a credible threat.

Just have Kylo Ren win the duel in 8, Rey barely survives (maybe Luke sacrifices himself so that Rey can live) and have Rey and Kylo Ren beat Snoke in 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Just have Kylo Ren win the duel in 8, Rey barely survives (maybe Luke sacrifices himself so that Rey can live) and have Rey and Kylo Ren beat Snoke in 9.
    Think they would let Rey lose a limb?

I'm struggling to see a universe in which Disney flat out cripples a female or let her be physically destroyed by a man.

I'm struggling to see a universe in which Disney flat out cripples a female or let her be physically destroyed by a man.
    Depends on whether or not Disney's social agenda is important enough to influence the plot development of one of their two most important franchises ever, potentially losing dozens of millions off of a simple mistake.

Nobody is that stupid to complain about Rey being crippled when this has happened in the 2 previous trilogies.
    That being said, I personally would be okay if she didnt and they chose a different route.
    Don't get me wrong, I still want to see some kind of "loss" but it feels kinda cheap to make a Star Wars protagonist lose a limb again.
    There are other routes for shock they can take.

Deleted
    Then I have the Disney movie for you Zootopia. So far, this year's second most economic successful film, so Disney HQ will take notice. The moviegoers want to see the female protagonist strugel and fail to be able to win in the end.

Almost watership down in some places.

Judit Hopps, the main rabbit protagonist, she follow a more traditional a hero's journey then Rey, Judit is skilled, but all here skill can be explained becuse of here background, then she lack the skill she need help from sombady else. She have a real flaw, she is a racist toward foxes, also against foxes that never hurt her. The moive is not afriad to let here fail or be humiliate, she fail in the police academy training, is called stupid numerous times, get found bound hanging upside down by her colleagues. She also are romantic intrested in males it might not be here first priority nor the secondary priority but she is intreded in males.

Becuse the movie have a political plot in it, the movie make a fast but understandable explanation of the political system or Zootopia.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-10-10 at 04:59 PM.

If she's really a skywalker she is gonna lose a hand.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If she's really a skywalker she is gonna lose a hand.
    Well, Anakin lost both hands and both legs. Luke only lost one hand. Ray's gonna grow a third hand and a third leg.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Well, Anakin lost both hands and both legs. Luke only lost one hand. Ray's gonna grow a third hand and a third leg.
    Nah, the real trend would be to lose a finger, or part of a finger. It's a diminishing trend, not a linear to negative trend. Next time, someone's going to have their fingernails trimmed.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Then I have the Disney movie for you Zootopia. So far, this year's second most economic successful film, so Disney HQ will take notice. The moviegoers want to see the female protagonist strugel and fail to be able to win in the end.

Almost watership down in some places.

Judit Hopps, the main rabbit protagonist, she follow a more traditional a hero's journey then Rey, Judit is skilled, but all here skill can be explained becuse of here background, then she lack the skill she need help from sombady else. She have a real flaw, she is a racist toward foxes, also against foxes that never hurt her. The moive is not afriad to let here fail or be humiliate, she fail in the police academy training, is called stupid numerous times, get found bound hanging upside down by her colleagues. She also are romantic intrested in males it might not be here first priority nor the secondary priority but she is intreded in males.

Becuse the movie have a political plot in it, the movie make a fast but understandable explanation of the political system or Zootopia.
    Hopefully they follow suit and actually have Mary Sue in danger and require other people to save her. Make her a believable character please.

Deleted
    JJ Abrams, seriously..whose idea was it to give him the job?..

I get annoyed when I see kewl shit like this..

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters, you don't overestimate yourself or underestimate her. Then you bring backup. Then you refuse to finish her off and leave her around to learn from her mistakes and beat you senseless in the final round.

Oh, shit, I think I just spoiled the plot of Episode 8 for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    2 things they can do

1) portray Kylo as much more competent adn dangerous and attribute his previous failure to the wound from the bowcaster
    2) call his Knights of Ren homeboys
    Well, shit, I guess it's obvious to more than just me. Huh.

Awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Still it do not helpe, becuse goddess Rey did alrady defeat him in "mental" force battel during the interagetion. When he was fully rested and have all the advantages. He is burned as a credible threat, especially now the Luke is back.
    What, because he was surprised and/or weaker in one aspect of the Force somehow automatically means that he's weaker in all aspects of the Force?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Hopefully they follow suit and actually have Mary Sue in danger and require other people to save her. Make her a believable character please.
    It look like they will, in the next film Moana. In the trailer are they not afriad to humiliate the female protagonist a bit, the male protagonist literally throw her overboard then she start to demand things, and the speaker voice press that they together shall save the Island. He is strong and can shapeshift, she controll the water, so it is laid out that they shall complement each other and save each other.

It also interesting that the male is a real demi-god, but he sill have shortcomings, like he is arrogant, want you to say all his titles, not the nicest person, throw the female protagonist overboard then she want him to save the island. I am sure deep inside he have a heart of gold, but his shortcomings prevent him to be to perfect.

I have no probelm that the male protagonist is a demi-god, becuse it make sense in that film universe.