10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'd like to think that Windu has been alive all those years since it wasn't uncommon for Jedi to survive super long falls.
    omg of course!

Mace Windu is Kylo Ren
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    So the story about Luke refounding the jedi order etc., all that stuff about Kyle Katarn is all non-canon now right? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how a galaxy would forget the force and force users in the space of a single generation; that's nothing at all for memory in such an advanced society. There's not some kind of event that triggered this forgetting/force disappearance?
    you can look at real life to see examples of governments erasing history.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you can look at real life to see examples of governments erasing history.

Are ther really any equivalnets however ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Are ther really any equivalnets however ?
    china and north korea for recent examples.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    He's black and has cropped hair....

So...what you're saying is this is misguided racist humor? B/c he doesn't look anything like Will Smith. Or do all black actors look alike?
    No dude, the joke is that Will Smith's often going 'WOO!' in action scenes, and in the linked commercial, Boyega does that too.

Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    No dude, the joke is that Will Smith's often going 'WOO!' in action scenes, and in the linked commercial, Boyega does that too.

Jesus Christ.
    will smith was already in the prequels though

china and north korea for recent examples.
    What did they erase from their history ?

What did they erase from their history ?
    Reality. China and North Korea have erased reality from their history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Reality. China and North Korea have erased reality from their history.
    I guess, I havent read about their history or propagada, but in relation to what Immitis said, I doubt any of them have erased a historical event as significant as the fictional jedi in this case.

Note: Is Korea really re-wrting thei history ?
    I had heard it about the Chinese or Japanese but not Koreans.

Deleted
    I guess, I havent read about their history or propagada, but in relation to what Immitis said, I doubt any of them have erased a historical event as significant as the fictional jedi in this case.
    Talk about Tienanmen in China, see what happens...

also the internet doesn't seem to exist in star wars, so much easier to kill information

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I imagine the events and battles etc caused by the Jedi would send out enough ripples throughout the Galaxy you would hear bits and pieces. And people must have SOME idea what the imperial forces are up too because I imagine you would have to pretty much just avoid them to be safe. But the jedi themselves you could just as easily dismiss all those stories as hogs wash because unless you had seen it yourself it could just sound like religion and magic which is easy to dismiss anyway.

The film has already made over $50 Million dollars in the Box Office and the movie isn't even released yet and not for another month. Amazing

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    also the internet doesn't seem to exist in star wars, so much easier to kill information
    It's called holonet and it's infinitely better than internet.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's called holonet and it's infinitely better than internet.

Wasn't that from the EU? If so we don't know if it is still canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I imagine the events and battles etc caused by the Jedi would send out enough ripples throughout the Galaxy you would hear bits and pieces. And people must have SOME idea what the imperial forces are up too because I imagine you would have to pretty much just avoid them to be safe. But the jedi themselves you could just as easily dismiss all those stories as hogs wash because unless you had seen it yourself it could just sound like religion and magic which is easy to dismiss anyway.
    The people must have a good idea about the events of the Clone Wars. However, the Jedi would have been seen more as villains than heroes by most, since in the end, they tried to overthrow the Supreme Chancellor. They were probably seen as religious conspirators that spread rumours about their so-called magic powers to maintain their position.

As for the Empire, I suppose that most people, especially in the core worlds of the former Republic, would have been quite happy with the Empire for about the 15-20 years after its advent. Palpatine was some kind of Churchill who lead them victoriously throughout the war. The Empire also brought back order, peace and security in the Galaxy after a long period of strife. A strong support for the Empire is also necessary to provide such a huge number of recruits in the imperial fleet or the stormtrooper corps. Of course, the regime was still oppressive and it generated some opposition. I suppose this oppression was more strongly felt in the rim worlds (which did not concerned the core worlds much) and the former members of the Confederacy of Independant Systems. The imperials that we see on Tatooine may have been considered an occupation force by the locals since that world was previously a Hutt world.

In my opinion, (only my opinion, I know) the peoples of the Galaxy must have begun to be spooked up by the Empire when the Emperor abolished the Senate just before Alderaan's destruction by the Death Star, followed by the quick destruction of the new battle station by a rag tag group of rebel fighters. Those events showed both the evil and the weakness of the Empire, which finally lead to its demise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Wasn't that from the EU? If so we don't know if it is still canon.
    The HoloNet is canon. It is mentionned and shown in the Clone Wars and Rebels series.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn! Daisy Ridley is hot!

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post

Some of this was great. Jon Hamm...such a hero. I would LOVE to see Jon Hamm in star wars even if its a minor cameo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Said it before and I will say it again, MANY times... Ridly would get the diddly.

Very funny clip, loved "George Lucas"

And John Boyega's first clip CRACKED me up.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yeaaah, I finally got good tickets for star wars 7 on release day... the price per ticket is 15.5€ here. Disney go home! I hope ISIS stays away
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2015-11-23 at 05:37 PM.