Page 11 of 399 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I know Kevin Smith said he wouldn't direct anymore, but would love to see him write this movie.

oh yes, a movie about old sith history would be amazing. watching naga create a supernova would be the most epic thing ever lol

Just had a chat with a friend and I came up with the best sentence for the haters:

"Thanks to Disney, Star Wars actually HAS a chance for a good future now."

With just Lucas, it was ONLY doomed to slide downwards... now, it has a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Take away the awesome fight scenes in 1-3 and you are left with a joke. It was all special effects and huge plot holes, I could point many of them out but other could articulate it better than me. Check out Mr plinketts reviews for an amusing breakdown.
    I agree that some of the acting and dialogue choices as well as the story arcs could of been done a lot better but nonetheless, I still believe those movies were decent and not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Flaws occur in every movie.

Honestly I could not care about someones review, I know plenty about Star Wars and review would be rather pointless, maybe for the giggles to see what the reviewers makes it out to be. Afterall, its all personal taste(opinion). Thanks for the suggestion, maybe I look into it someday.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA) is that it btw?
    -K

My initial reaction was "fuck Disney", but then I woke up a little more and remembered that they've done pretty good movies lately.

I'm still wary, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Just don't do animated movies...

Unless directed by or under strict supervision of GenndyTartakovsky. We can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

I've seen all the films and played the MMO, but that's more or less where my knowledge of the universe ends. Lucas is more or less reviled by everyone at this point, right? It could bring a new lease of life to a franchise with a lot more potential left in it, especially without 1 man having the whole thing in his force grip.

And minus that Jar-Jar thing, I liked the newer films. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    The prequel trilogy was awesome, the reason people don't like it is after years of the originals they were so hyped up that nothing was going live up to the mark. I mean everyone moans about Jar-Jar (whom I hate) but VI had Ewoks, a creature that single handedly nearly turned me into a psychopath in a quest to rid the world of all furry creatures.
    "Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft!"

it's never been said better, Spaced nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    "Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft!"

it's never been said better, Spaced nailed it
    I agree that Jar Jar was worse than the Ewoks but that doesn't make the Ewoks cool just less terrible than Jar Jar, Peter Griffin had it right in the 3rd Family Guy episode. Besides Palpatine manipulating him in the second movie was quite awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    My initial reaction was "fuck Disney", but then I woke up a little more and remembered that they've done pretty good movies lately.

I'm still wary, though.
    OMG Vizzle your latest cracked article mentions exactly what my research is going to be about. The EEG studies looking at the P300!

Hey Disney wanna make a quick buck re release the original uncut star wars in the cinema without georgies shitty CGI extras and i would suck on mickey mouses cock for a year

OT: I really really dont know what to think about this the prequels killed my love for the franchise that i grew up with as a kid back in the early 80s
    and i have a feeling they will churn out shitty movie after shitty movie knowing saps like me will go and watch cause its star wars no matter what
    but as people have said they did do a great job on the avengers movie so as long as they get competant directors and writers who love the story and have george lucas shot if he goes anywhere near production all may be saved

Deleted
    Well, one thing is for sure...there will be some 3D Spacefights in it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    It can go either way, but the last 10 years has seen Disney making really good films.

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Prince of Persia
    John Carter
    National Treasure

and since Disney bought Marvel
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Thor
    Avengers
    At first I was sort of.. meh, but then, I looked at this list, and realized, really, every single movie that I've seen on this list, has been one of my favorite ones. Bring it on disney. Bring it on. (well, OK, I didn't like captain america, but that's not because the movie sucked.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Lucas himself will consult on the film, but I still wonder how true it can stay with the others with Disney making it.
    With some of the decisions Lucas has made I actually hope he has little to no say in what happens, the prequels exemplify that, particularly the first two.

However with it being Disney on board and their lack of excellence in live action films (excluding marvel which is made by marvel) I can see this ring bad.

Seriously although Disney has made a couple good live action films, I'm not counting dramas (curse of the black pearl, and that's all I got right now, most the other ones in recent memory were mediocre or downright awful (John Carter...)) their reputation on it is fairly bad. It will be interesting to see how it works, the star wars franchise is dead to me anyways do it won't hurt anything
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-10-31 at 02:33 AM.

This is something that should have been left put, I can't see anything good coming from a 7th Star Wars movie.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    It can go either way, but the last 10 years has seen Disney making really good films.

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Prince of Persia
    John Carter
    National Treasure
    Well, the thing about these...

Pirates of the Caribbean 1 -- excellent. Sequels? HORRID. Like, really really terrible. Especially the second one.
    National Treasure 1 -- great. Sequel? Awful. And there's another one coming soon that promises to be as bad.
    Prince of Persia -- acceptable, but hard to follow for someone who never played the games.
    John Carter -- you thought this was good?

It's the recent streak of Marvel movies that makes me hopeful. They've ranged from good to fantastic so far. Disney just needs to fund the Star Wars movies and let a more skilled group of people handle it, as they do with Marvel.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-10-31 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    The off-topic thread didn't really need to be locked. I think the Disney acquisition is something that warrants discussion in itself. This trend with media mega-corporations consolidating everyone else around them really worries me. In a decade or two we'll probably end up with just 2-3 companies left.
    This statement is just so goddamn funny to me considering just how many media companies are owned and operated by Disney that people don't know.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...y_subsidiaries

Look at that list and see Touchstone is infact owned by Disney and does release mature content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you guys but other than the Episode 1, the other two prequels weren't too bad in fact I think Episode 3 is actually quite good. I would put Revenge of the Sith with New Hope but Episode 6 is still the best.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post

However with it being Disney on board and their lack of excellence in live action films (excluding marvel which is made by marvel) I can see this ring bad.

Seriously although Disney has made a couple good live action films, I'm not counting dramas (curse of the black pearl, and that's all I got right now, most the other ones in recent memory were mediocre or downright awful (John Carter...)) their reputation on it is fairly bad. It will be interesting to see how it works, the star wars franchise is dead to me anyways do it won't hurt anything
    Well, since the article suggests that the inner workings of LucasFilm will remain the same, I don't see it being much different than the Marvel situation. ie, Disney slapping their logo on an otherwise non-Disney product. But then again, this is just my hunch, since it seemed like their acquisition of Marvel didn't have much of an impact on the MCU movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Once Disney owned LucasArts, they also owned the rights to all it's IP. So, they own Star Wars and could make Jar Jar Binks the Animated Series if they wanted to.
    Yes, but if GL didn't want any more star wars movies, he would have never sold LucasArts or he would not have sold the starwars franchise in itself.
    Last edited by mmoc6146604ebe; 2012-10-31 at 03:17 AM.

i know alot of people keep bringing up stuff that takes place before episode 6 but does 7 kind of imply its a sequel?

i mean i wouldnt make a movie called dinosaur circus then make a prequel and call it dinosaur circus 2

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbe View Post
    While The Avengers was marketed at teenagers and young adults and all this serious "we gotta kill the norse half-god that marvel totally created" - oh, but don't mind the flying hangar ship where people can walk casually like there wasn't a lack of oxygen or -25C.
    please the only thing wrong with avengers was thors backstory and nick fury not being an old bitter world war 2 vet with grey hair
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552