Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

Though I admit that the look of Korriban in Clone Wars was inspired more directly by KotOR and SWTOR.
    Would love to see a Cam Kennedy version of Korribans old ruins. His Star Wars pedictions is my favorits (Dark Empire).

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Wait a minute. Are you seriously concerned about corny dialogue in the new movie because of Abrams? Have you not watched any of the previous 6 movies? They are full of corny lines and bad one liners. Don't get me wrong here. I love the SW movies, but I love them for what they are. Fun feel good sci-fi romps. They are far from being good movies from a critical standpoint.
    With Lawrence Kasdan as co-writer im pretty confident in the script/dialogue. The only problem should be Disney demanding more merchandise placements (crossguarded Lightsabers in xmas sale already afaik) and comic reliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Am i the only depresed at how shit this story will be? In 30 years in the new disney wars timeline.

X-wings still using rebel alliance logo when by this time the new republic has risen and fallen and the current government of majority is the galactic alliance.
    Tie fighters are still the imperials main fightercraft by the looks of it despite the empire going to majority interceptor and then buying non sienar craft by this time.
    And that stupid lightsaber shown would just get its hilt emitters cut off in first combat against a compitent jedi.

https://i.imgur.com/wgY1ZPM.jpg

is exactly what it should like to not be horrible and for just show.j

The ONLY ray of hope i see is the green striped x-wing which gives me a glimmer of hope that its corran horn and abrams hasnt compltly ignored the multitude of amazing characters to pull from. But it just might be random so who knows.

Im sorry but when they announced they would be retconning the EU storyline. There was so much they could have done to work with it. They could have fixed problems and holes, even wreritten some terrible books "children of jedi anyone?". Instead they threw it into the trash. And i have a feeling a part of that was due to the world that it had created child wise. ALot of those books wouldnt be great for some of the feint of heart or children, Main characters died. People were tortured. Trillions died in an invasion. Its not 40k level brutal or violence but still more than what disney would most likely want to market at children. Instead they shit on 20 years of story, 20 years worth of authors, 20 years of video game storyline. And just wanted to pull a star trek and go thier own way. The fact that they used the original actors shows this. Hammil,harrison,fisher are no where even remotely in shape to play themselves now, shes fat, hammils fat and harrison is just frail, they arnt fit to play a jedi knight, jedi grand master and a still in it smuggler rogue.

Ill see the movie but to me it will be nothing more than one that takes place in the star wars universe using the characters and it really means nothing beyond it.

The sad part is there are to many star wars drones that look at nothing past the movies and maby a game or to who just dont care and will sperg at anything with the name or title.
    There is no retconing of the EU going on. The EU is no longer canon and for the concern of the movies does not exist. So the Empire could still be using TIE fighters and not Interceptors. The Empire may not have crumbled and the Alliance may have been crushed out after the events on Endor. Revan could be the main antagonist and Boba Fett could have died I the belly of the Sarlacc.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Each and every lightsaber fights in originals were superior compared to the hilarious dancing of sequels.

That is your opinion. Which you are more than welcome to have. I disagree myself and found them boring as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no retconing of the EU going on. The EU is no longer canon and for the concern of the movies does not exist. So the Empire could still be using TIE fighters and not Interceptors. The Empire may not have crumbled and the Alliance may have been crushed out after the events on Endor. Revan could be the main antagonist and Boba Fett could have died I the belly of the Sarlacc.

The EU was never canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    That is your opinion. Which you are more than welcome to have. I disagree myself and found them boring as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

The EU was never canon.

Then all these EU defenders need to calm down and have some dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    The EU was never canon.
    I don't know where you got that bull.

This is THE correct statement regarding EU canonity. The official stance is that the EU canon is separate the film canon.

"Film+EU continuity. Anything not in the current version of the films is irrelevant to Film only continuity." - Leeand Chee
    There you have it folks! EU was never dismissed; it was just always in it's own separate universe.

Then all these EU defenders need to calm down and have some dip.
    The exact nature of how the EU's relationship with canon worked was always a little weird, but it was never as simple as it simply not being canon.

What Disney did was move most of the pre-existing EU into the Star Wars Legends continuity, and then started creating their own EU with content that will be considered absolutely canon in regards to the movies. And honestly I think the new movies will only benefit from that decision.

Had they stuck to the EU, they would of had to deal with decades worth of pre-existing stories, most of which is pretty terrible if we are going to be honest with ourselves. Plus if they want to use the original cast, they can't exactly pretend that 30 years haven't passed, so that would force them into adapting a very narrow range of novels, or having the story not be of any galactic significance, neither of which are good choices.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

This is THE correct statement regarding EU canonity. The official stance is that the EU canon is separate the film canon.

There you have it folks! EU was never dismissed; it was just always in it's own separate universe.
    But since we are talking about the movies, in all practical terms the EU, now Legends, has been dismissed. That does not mean that they cannot use some elements of it, but they won't let it dictate what the movies story will be. And if they take an element, it may be modified. Take Black Sun. In Shadows of the Empire (Legends continuity), it is lead by Xizor, who is the only Falleen to lead it with vigos of different races. In Clone Wars (canon), that crime syndicate is lead by Falleens only like the Mafia is sicilian. They took the Falleen and Black Sun and did what they wanted with them.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    But since we are talking about the movies, in all practical terms the EU, now Legends, has been dismissed. That does not mean that they cannot use some elements of it, but they won't let it dictate what the movies story will be. And if they take an element, it may be modified. Take Black Sun. In Shadows of the Empire (Legends continuity), it is lead by Xizor, who is the only Falleen to lead it with vigos of different races. In Clone Wars (canon), that crime syndicate is lead by Falleens only like the Mafia is sicilian. They took the Falleen and Black Sun and did what they wanted with them.
    Exactly! Just because the movies are apart of a different canon then the EU doesn't mean that there won't be anything from the EU appearing (The Solo children are pretty much a given to appear in the new trilogy), but they might use those elements in different ways.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

From George Lucas. The person that created Star Wars.

Deleted
    I can has first post droid babies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    I can has first post droid babies?

Concept art which leaked like 2 months ago had a drawing/picture of that driod in a room with someone who was wielding lightsabre.

Save to say R2-D2 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

ALSO: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-force-awakens-new-characters-names/

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    A veritable ton of purported leaks from 4chan over at reddit, including what have to be considered lots of major spoilers:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/com...i_leak_part_2/

All completely unverifiable for now, of course. Nothing that sound horrible or film-wrecking to me personally, YMMV.
    I don't buy it. It's too pat, too much what's expect. There's nothing in there that hasn't been speculated, so I think its just a clever troll.

I can call random guys on 4chan trolls, right. or will that get me infracted too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobaroque View Post
    Concept art which leaked like 2 months ago had a drawing/picture of that driod in a room with someone who was wielding lightsabre.

Save to say R2-D2 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

ALSO: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-fo...racters-names/
    Sweet raptor jesus, please tell me no one took this crap seriously. The 4chan links were iffy, but this is such an obvious fake its sad. Coming from EntertainmentWeekly, its pathetic. Is anyone stupid enough to think that they'd release something like this thats nothing but clips from the teaser trailer? Fucking please. EW doesn't even have a motherfucking source. Its just JJ and KK told them this. NOT. Why the hell would they release thru EW? And the names are shit too. Look like some of Lucas feebler efforts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingInYellow View Post

Sweet raptor jesus, please tell me no one took this crap seriously. The 4chan links were iffy, but this is such an obvious fake its sad. Coming from EntertainmentWeekly, its pathetic. Is anyone stupid enough to think that they'd release something like this thats nothing but clips from the teaser trailer? Fucking please. EW doesn't even have a motherfucking source. Its just JJ and KK told them this. NOT. Why the hell would they release thru EW? And the names are shit too. Look like some of Lucas feebler efforts.
    The same batch of leaks contained that particular lightsabre we saw, the speeder and new Stormtrooper helmet design.

Odds are,its legit.

Deleted
    Some mild spoilers.
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1912362/sta...inkId=12841037

Pretty much confirms what a lot of people thought in the first place - crafter of the lightsabre we saw in the teaser is Force-senstitive individual but one who lacks proper training and hasnt developed his (her?) skill enough.

Is this the new official "Star Wars" thread? What with all the canon tie-in books, TV-series and spin-off movies coming up? Anyway, what do people think of the fact that the first Star Wars spin-off film will be called "Rogue One"?

Deleted

[Movie] Star Wars: The Force Awakens

These have been floating on the internets for the last couple hours.

Last edited by mmoc30935cd052; 2015-04-16 at 06:33 PM.

Was that Luke narrating? Please tell me it was him. Though I doubt Mark Hammil can sound like that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF RIGHT NOW. So awesome!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I don't like to give into hype. Things like this can be overplayed, best parts shown, and be just flat out disenge--

WHO AM I KIDDING HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS AMAZING. BRB FIRING PITONS INTO SIDEWALK IN FRONT OF MY THEATER, STAYING TILL DECEMBER.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Though I doubt Mark Hammil can sound like that again.
    I`m in raid at the moment so I havent had the chance to watch it x100 times (yet) but it sounded like RotJ line.
    But his voice still sounds pretty young.

- - - Updated - - -

The planet is NOT a Tatooine. I didn`t hear that bit but it something like Jacoo (Jaqoo or something).

The BB8 driod isnt CG, they showed him during SW Celebration. It`s so cute and the movements are so fluid. It`s amazing.
    Last edited by mmoc30935cd052; 2015-04-16 at 06:34 PM.