Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    And it's good that you understand that Ashran has flopped, but it's terrible that you haven't shared how you'd fix it - and I am sure you have some plans, but most of your previous plans failed badly, so, yes, it would have helped if you discussed how to fix it with players before doing yet another silly thing.
    I think they realize trashran is broken at it's core and isn't fixable. I'm just amazed they allowed the team to move on with that horrid concept, it was clear it was awful from inception. I also don't believe for a moment more people are PVPing in WoD. He's cherry picking some factoid out to justify that statement or outright bsing.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    I think they realize trashran is broken at it's core and isn't fixable. I'm just amazed they allowed the team to move on with that horrid concept, it was clear it was awful from inception. I also don't believe for a moment more people are PVPing in WoD. He's cherry picking some factoid out to justify that statement or outright bsing.
    I can believe that more people are AFKing in Trashcan for free loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

What he said was RBG participation was up a lot (something like 50%), which i believe. Its a lot easier to get a group with the group finder.

That doesn't mean PvP participation as a whole is up, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    What he said was RBG participation was up a lot (something like 50%), which i believe. Its a lot easier to get a group with the group finder.

That doesn't mean PvP participation as a whole is up, however.
    Interesting. So in that case he was intentionally being deceptive when answering the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Interesting. So in that case he was intentionally being deceptive when answering the question.
    Well, I don't think that would qualify as deceptive (he just said that RBG participation is up as an aside, no? there was no direct question "is PVP participation up?"), but it stands to reason that if *all* PVP participation was up, he'd have said that all PVP participation is up instead of talking specifically about RBGs.

Just... what the fuck is happening to wow's pvp? I mean... Ummm... What the hell?!?! Should we abandon our hope for it?

Deleted
    I guess so. Holinka doesn't seem to hold any actual decision making power, he's less of an actual PvP developer than he is an PvP PR person. From people who actually met and talked to him on events he seems to try and avoid a lot of questions and discussions, the same way he acts on twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Just... what the fuck is happening to wow's pvp?
    Holinka happened.

Ghostcrawler wasn't perfect but at least the dude knew the concept of pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The joke is you think that the ability prunes werent massive nerfs to the classes who endured them.

Loss of Curse of Exhaustion? Massive nerf.
    Loss of Fel Flame? Massive nerf.
    Loss of gap-openers for all casters except Hunters and Frost mages? Massive nerfs.

Whose the retard? That'd be you.

You're also out of your goddamn mind if you think that with the current state of casters ("Casters have to cast") that Hunters - who are casters, wether your troglodyte brain wants to admit it or not - hunters being uninterruptable, not having to cast, having 3-5 escapes depending on spec, 3 forms of CC that dont share DR, a spec where the pet can do almost 90k sustained PvP dps and is nearly unkillable is somehow "OK" - go DIAF somewhere.

Try to play a warlock or shaman and see how the game plays for people who aren't retarded.
    yup my main totally isn't a shaman, and my main alt a warlock, pick it up bro

It's only deceptive if you can't read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I guess so. Holinka doesn't seem to hold any actual decision making power, he's less of an actual PvP developer than he is an PvP PR person. From people who actually met and talked to him on events he seems to try and avoid a lot of questions and discussions, the same way he acts on twitter.
    I agree, the interview as a whole was a waste of time and I regret watching it. The only thing we really got out of it is that they plan on gutting classes even more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Well, I don't think that would qualify as deceptive (he just said that RBG participation is up as an aside, no? there was no direct question "is PVP participation up?"), but it stands to reason that if *all* PVP participation was up, he'd have said that all PVP participation is up instead of talking specifically about RBGs.
    From what I recall the question was about pvp in general. He went on to talk only about rbgs and how awesome the group finder was. In that case he just cherry picked the information that looked best.

That video was one of the most frustrating things to watch I've seen. It smells of PR and damage control.

"We listened" -- umm, because you *literally* picked a random number to buff or nerf random classes for ZERO reason or justification, and you question why people question your skills in balance?

WoW PvP is the world's longest exercise in early access.

10 years and we're still in pre-alpha, with endless promises of how it'll be awesome once the next patch / expansion / coming of christ hits and fixes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post

10 years and we're still in pre-alpha, with endless promises of how it'll be awesome once the next patch / expansion / coming of christ hits and fixes everything.
    I remember the time when I heard "resilience will fix it" and actually believed that. My only excuse is that I wasn't alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    If Holinka is Blizzard's idea of a suitable PR person for anything then they have no idea what public relations is. I'm prepared to believe that one of the entire reasons they moved to the @WarcraftDevs twitter account was because of his "interaction" with the community. Whilst someone like Ion Hazzikostas is very good at PR and community interaction, Holinka would have to be one of the worst. Sarcasm, evading questions, ignoring any feedback that isn't 100% positive and flippant dismissive remarks are hardly the cornerstones of public relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post

It'll never be "fixed". That'd be bad business.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    The nemesis bit had me laughing my ass off.

Because changing the requirement from 500 to 100 still means you have to roll a horde/alliance toon and ask in trade to trade kills if there are 0 members of the other faction out in open world dreanor.
    Did they really nerf it to 100?! I saw the response that they were looking into it but 100 is a huge nerf.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Did they really nerf it to 100?! I saw the response that they were looking into it but 100 is a huge nerf.
    Finding 100 panda will still be pretty though
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradyne View Post
    If Holinka is Blizzard's idea of a suitable PR person for anything then they have no idea what public relations is. I'm prepared to believe that one of the entire reasons they moved to the @WarcraftDevs twitter account was because of his "interaction" with the community. Whilst someone like Ion Hazzikostas is very good at PR and community interaction, Holinka would have to be one of the worst. Sarcasm, evading questions, ignoring any feedback that isn't 100% positive and flippant dismissive remarks are hardly the cornerstones of public relations.
    Well, this is a company that gives us hats for Pepe as content for 6.2 you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    It's more within reason though. I've spent days in there with 4 other people in my group trying to get the Draenei kills. Basically being Horde you can wrap up humans in like 30 minutes, get Nelfs done in a day and then spend weeks for everything else as the Alliance is basically made up of nothing but Humans and Nelfs with the rare Dwarf/Gnome.

Im just glad i never set foot on ashran. This pvp zones sucked since wintergrasp.