Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don't have much interest in discussing made up crimes...
    It is something that is taken into consideration when being sentenced. Judges have the discretion to consider factors such as pre-meditation, degree of participation, being a first-time or repeat offender, and remorse when sentencing.
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2015-04-17 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    How isn't it? You take a gun to a robbery and plan on pointing it in someone's face, how is that not planning to threaten somebody with death?
    You get a extra charge for having a gun while robbing a place... you don't get hit with premeditated murder lol.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    You get a extra charge for having a gun while robbing a place... you don't get hit with premeditated murder lol.
    The difference between first degree murder and lesser charges was brought up because he said actual murderers often get less than 70 years, but that's a reason why, because there are different charges for murder.

However, among many other factors, pre-meditation is something that can also be taken into consideration when a judge is handing down sentences for other crimes. No, it doesn't add an additional charge, but it might be the reason a judge decides to sentence someone to the maximum penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a problem with it because it clearly shows how our justice system is incredibly heavy handed at times.

Hell it turns people into killers and rapists. All that'll happen is he'll adapt to prison over time.

There was a guy who committed robbery, didn't kill anyone, didn't hurt any one. Was sentenced to 70+ years. Once that happened he had absolutely no hope of getting out ever and and eventually killed a CO, and is now on death row.

Now before I'm seen as being on the guys side. I really don't care if he gets killed, my issue lies in how I believe the Justice System should operate.

25 years with extensions every time he's not found ready for release would be fine. Take away all hope of a person getting out and they can become a very evil person. When you have little to live for in prison what is really stopping you? You can't really be more punished.
    Regardless, 50 years for sandusky is the same as life; he will be dead far, far before his sentence would be over, same as this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Sandusky got 30-60 years for raping boys for years, this sentence seems extremely obsessive.
    He is a serial rapist, on camera, and you think this guy in the OP got off light O.o
    You're a towel.