Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We know this is PTR data and so honestly I think it's safe to assume that if anything looks as clearly useless as the Arcane 2 set is, it's safe to just disregard it entirely as either only partially complete or completely a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    We know this is PTR data and so honestly I think it's safe to assume that if anything looks as clearly useless as the Arcane 2 set is, it's safe to just disregard it entirely as either only partially complete or completely a placeholder.
    Why? frost went live with its tier bonuses just as woeful.

Frost went live with tier bonuses that did not provide a large numerical benefit, but they were still changes that sounded like they could be fun, and also it wasn't the set bonus first found in the first round of data mining.
    This bonus is a buff to a utility movement spell, and it's proc rate means that it is not even a substantial buff. One or both of those factors will change, believe otherwise if you want (and I know many of you will because we Mages are an unjustifiably gloomy lot) but I can guarantee otherwise.

I can't guarantee our bonus will be fantastic but it won't be a marginal uptime increase to a spell you can literally forgo casting without making much of an impact to your overall dps.

Yeah I think everyone agrees here that obviously the buffs causing Ice Lance to be unused are unintended. Hell, Ice Lance IS frost. It's the core spell and what the spec is all about really. We'll see a change in the next iteration (or the one after that).

I'm expecting a reversion of the buff to some degree, maybe decreasing the buff to 15% for both FB and FFB, then giving a 15% buff to FoF-benefited Ice Lance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Frost went live with tier bonuses that did not provide a large numerical benefit, but they were still changes that sounded like they could be fun, and also it wasn't the set bonus first found in the first round of data mining.
    This bonus is a buff to a utility movement spell, and it's proc rate means that it is not even a substantial buff. One or both of those factors will change, believe otherwise if you want (and I know many of you will because we Mages are an unjustifiably gloomy lot) but I can guarantee otherwise.

I can't guarantee our bonus will be fantastic but it won't be a marginal uptime increase to a spell you can literally forgo casting without making much of an impact to your overall dps.
    Maybe its just the road to ride on the 4pc-bonus. We dont know numbers but the 4pc alone sounds like a dmggain every 1.5 minutes. Combined with the 2pc it would be far more often and so we get more out of it.
    Sure it all belongs to the actual numbers of the 4pc and it would then become a collect nonset BiS until u have 4pc then equip that but it could be possible.
    From a personal standing the 4pc sounds awesome. I really hope we get something really funny out of it. And the 2pc only means i have more often funny things beside me. We will see whats happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Item - Mage T18 Fire 2P Bonus (New) Pyroblast has a 25% chance when dealing damage to conjure a Firey Pheonix, dealing [ 200% of Spell Power ] Fire damage to the target.
    Item - Mage T18 Fire 4P Bonus (New) While the Pheonix is active, you gain Ph
    I really would like to know the uptime for the proc'd Phoenix...how long will it attack/cast? ...cast timer? ...will it be affected by my haste? ...if so what are the soft caps/break points for the proc'd phoenixes? ...can you proc multiple birds to attack simultaneously?

Please advise ONLY if you know from personal PTR testing experience, and would be EXTREMELY helpful if video links (or otherwise) were provided in your reply!!

~Fiery

Quote Originally Posted by jlgriffis View Post
    I really would like to know the uptime for the proc'd Phoenix...how long will it attack/cast? ...cast timer? ...will it be affected by my haste? ...if so what are the soft caps/break points for the proc'd phoenixes? ...can you proc multiple birds to attack simultaneously?

Please advise ONLY if you know from personal PTR testing experience, and would be EXTREMELY helpful if video links (or otherwise) were provided in your reply!!

~Fiery
    the phoenix that spawns is effectively a fireball proc with the animation of a phoenix - it flies towards the target and hits it once for X damage

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it now safe to come out and play as frost mage in 6.2 (without tier bonusses)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Is it now safe to come out and play as frost mage in 6.2 (without tier bonusses)?
    an awful lot safer then coming out to play as a fire mage in 6.2 (unless vs 4+ targets)

T17 2 set fire nerf is
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD