Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    From gathering professions? And...fishing?

Well...at least that means I don't have to choose whether my barn is making Savage Blood or Felblight. Still...I am disappoint.

On the bright side it might mean epic gems aren't crazy expensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    On the bright side it might mean epic gems aren't crazy expensive
    Don't those still need huge piles of daily cooldown crystals tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Don't those still need huge piles of daily cooldown crystals tho?

So probably will increase the price a little but decrease the blue ones a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Uh, what do you mean "For sure", it was. It explicitly said on the tooltip it was from obtained from the barn, so they were right, until blizzard decided redesigned it (for the better really).
    Those were just placeholders.

lol at ppl who switched to lvl3 barns on all their alts in anticipation.

The issue with this is it makes the small garrison buildings worthless. If you have two gathering professions, you can generate BoP items from the profession huts.....but you can't actually use them on anything. The NPCs can't craft +50 gems or savage blood upgrade items.

90% of those who are actually intetested in making tons of gold through multiple alts has already unlearned all the 700 ggatherin professions. We have alreasy come to peace with the idea of gatering professions being worthless this exapnsion. I hope this chnge wont make it to live cus its a fuck you from blizzars just like this entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by prudi View Post
    90% of those who are actually intetested in making tons of gold through multiple alts has already unlearned all the 700 ggatherin professions. We have alreasy come to peace with the idea of gatering professions being worthless this exapnsion. I hope this chnge wont make it to live cus its a fuck you from blizzars just like this entire expansion.
    It's honestly the best way for them to reduce initial supply and make gathering worthwhile again.

Quote Originally Posted by Taven View Post
    It's honestly the best way for them to reduce initial supply and make gathering worthwhile again.
    siple question "Why?"
    To make bots profitable again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    lol at ppl who switched to lvl3 barns on all their alts in anticipation.
    thx god im lazy andwas waiting with it till last week of patch :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    To make bots profitable again?
    well why not - most bots have now their subs for account payed with gold by tokens so for blizard its brilliant move bringing them more $$$

in before i bet that most popular form of boting will be fishing bots - almost impossible to be discovered by blizz unless players whill actively whispering and reporting every single of them
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-04-30 at 04:08 AM.

Um, okay. I haven't changed any of my professions. In fact I've wound up with massive piles of the daily CD mats for all the crafting professions. Sure I could buy/make bloods and use them to create gear/tokens to sell, but it moves SO GODDAMN SLOW.

Instead I just made ench huts on all my toons and now I sell shitloads of crystals, plus any bloods I happen to get. Can't even be bothered filling my barns anymore. Why bother when I'm earning ~500-1000g a day PER TOON just by sending out my geared-ass TH followers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone who knows anything about Blizzard's past history, and is a serious money maker, ever get rid of any gathering professions on an alt they keep at max level?

Seriously. That's just stupid for anyone who is actually "serious" about making lots of money.

There was absolutely no reason to think that they'd leave gathering professions completely useless forever or even the expansion. The primary professions made money near the beginning, but not any more. All professions are at this point, pretty much all equally worthless, besides enchanting and JCing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Well it was conceivable that they scrape gathering professions because of how easily exploitable it is with botting..

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    in before i bet that most popular form of boting will be fishing bots - almost impossible to be discovered by blizz unless players whill actively whispering and reporting every single of them
    well, better get secondary acc started and find a good fishbot... a few lvl 100s will be done in no time with RAF

If you are that serious about making gold you'll just switch back. You don't even have to leave the garrison to re-level mining/herbalism to 700 if you switch back. Skinning requires you to leave the garrison, but you won't have much competition. Outdoor content is all but deserted at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    well, better get secondary acc started and find a good fishbot... a few lvl 100s will be done in no time with RAF
    They can only drop from pools according to the latest information.

Bots are happy with this change.

No point in having Barn in 6.2 it seems

An essential ingredient in professions? LET THE NODE JACKASSERY BEGIN!

Deleted
    Well, I guess I'll be fishing for lunkers in Tanaan rather than outside the garrison now.

Deleted
    Are they obtainable from the Garrison herb and mining nodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Are they obtainable from the Garrison herb and mining nodes?
    No. Only the ones on Tanaan.