Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the movie. I'm a neophyte when it comes to the comics. I am, however, starting to see how Batman could defeat Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The whole 'vs' thing between the two was stupid to begin with. I'll be watching it for the Henry Cavill eye candy and nothing more.
    Henry Cavill's chest hair should've had top billing in Man of Steel.

And guys, Bat doesn't beat Supes in TDKR, he AND Green Arrow just stall him long enough (until Bat's heart stopping pills start working, so Superman will realize that America he's been fighting for and sacrificed so much does not exist anymore, also Supes just ate a nuke half a hour before, he definitely wasn't at 100%).

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Can't wait for the movie. I'm a neophyte when it comes to the comics. I am, however, starting to see how Batman could defeat Superman.
    The best plan is the one that Ra's al Ghul uses based on Batman's files in Tower of Babel. He doses Superman with synthetic Kryptonite that enhances his powers instead of diminishing them. Superman cannot move without causing tornados and explosions, or open his eyes without shooting out heat and x-rays. He's paralyzed by his own concern for the people of Earth and shuts down, trying to do as little as possible. It shows how the real way to "beat up" Superman is to use his morals as a weapon against him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Henry Cavill's chest hair should've had top billing in Man of Steel.

And guys, Bat doesn't beat Supes in TDKR, he AND Green Arrow just stall him long enough (until Bat's heart stopping pills start working, so Superman will realize that America he's been fighting for and sacrificed so much does not exist anymore, also Supes just ate a nuke half a hour before, he definitely wasn't at 100%).
    Not to mention Supes had about a billion moments where he could just beat Batman to death with his pinky finger. That's kinda the point though, he DOES NOT want to kill him or hurt him beyond repair. Then a bit of Kryptonite and suddenly Batman "won". It's hilarious. I'm not a Superman fan myself and I like Batman tons more, but anyone with half a brain sees that Superman could beat him in every way.

Thats the thing, physically Superman is superior but if I had to put money down it would be on Batman every time because he will do what it takes to win. All those billion moments Superman had where he could beat Batman to death? He didnt take them because while physically he can do it, mentally he cannot. In TDKR, Batman uses the kryptonite and he wins. You can argue how powerful Supes is but in the end Batman wins.

Even Superman recognizes this and gives Batman one of the last pieces of kryptonite left on earth (unbeknownst to him, batman has a room in his batcave full of the stuff) just in case.

Still don't think people realize that yes, Batman can't defeat Superman. Typically in all the scenarios, he's only trying to stall him for the rest of the plan to work. See linked picture last page of the kryponite ring. He knew he wasn't going to win but he knew Superman wouldn't kill him and stalled until Catwoman (I think) could drop Lois off the building to break Superman's mind control.