fury weapon question

hi,
    last night I got 2 gruul hc swords, one of which is wf, which is why I am posting here
    (I know I could sim it, but I do not know if I have to drop 2 crit enchants on them to be able to sim correctly, and I really do not want to waste the mats just for that, if all it takes is a simple answer).

I'm running 2 thogar's usually and my warrior is at 20.62% crit, 14,79% haste and 28,47% mastery, switching to those 2 gruul swords, Im losing almost 4% haste (2% who dont matter, since above 18% raid buffed) and 3,75% mastery, gaining 1,5 crit and meh multistrike w/e, I could switch enchants to haste etc etc but would that be really worth it?

I know weapon dmg is king, I just cant imagine it will be in this case.

edit: as it seems I wasnt super clear in my question: would it be worth to switch to the 2 handers one of them being wf as opposed to staying to the 2 thogar's because of the rather massive stat loss I would be having?
    Last edited by Lothar; 2015-04-17 at 11:55 AM.

Thunderlord will always be the way to go as a fury warrior. You can do it without having to worry that one of the other weapon enchants will do better - the nature of the Thunderlord enchant is such that it'll have more uptime than the other ones.

Reflections#2928 <eXample>
    Vandler - Warrior | Rakkaus - Hunter
    retired

yeah, I was actually asking if I should switch to the 2 one handers from gruuls, edited OP for clarification.

SMF does parse marginally better than TG, but not significantly enough I could advise you to play that over what you enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use the highest iLevel weapons, and forget it. SMF gets a bump in damage dealt to cover the stat loss. They are relatively equal.

I always felt paranoid that TG was worse for me than SMF almost as if it had something against me, like I was just cursed with bad RNG.. But Simcraft actually agreed with me, on single target my higher Ilvl2handers (2x HC Flamebender Sword at the time) were simming a decent bit lower than my Gruul HC 1hander + 670 Butcher 1hander. This was when we were progressing on Blackhand HC.

For me it is no question at all about taking 2x Gruul 1handers instead of 2x Thogar 2handers... But don't expect some big difference, I still put the difference I get down to me being slightly paranoid and not giving TG enough of a chance, and being the victim of RNG. Since I switched to SMF on Blackhand I've stuck with it over TG, my current TG weapons are 691/685 Furnace weapons vs 1x Gruul + 1x Kromog weapons for SMF.

RNG or voodoo magic is still giving me better results with SMF.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I always felt paranoid that TG was worse for me than SMF almost as if it had something against me, like I was just cursed with bad RNG.. But Simcraft actually agreed with me, on single target my higher Ilvl2handers (2x HC Flamebender Sword at the time) were simming a decent bit lower than my Gruul HC 1hander + 670 Butcher 1hander. This was when we were progressing on Blackhand HC.

For me it is no question at all about taking 2x Gruul 1handers instead of 2x Thogar 2handers... But don't expect some big difference, I still put the difference I get down to me being slightly paranoid and not giving TG enough of a chance, and being the victim of RNG. Since I switched to SMF on Blackhand I've stuck with it over TG, my current TG weapons are 691/685 Furnace weapons vs 1x Gruul + 1x Kromog weapons for SMF.

RNG or voodoo magic is still giving me better results with SMF.

For me it's as simple as use my 2x1hs and single target talents and glyphs for single target fights, more specifically Gruul, Ore, BH, and then 2x2hs and some or all aoe talents/glyphs for the rest of the fights. And maybe a swap to arms for Maidens, depending on boat duties. From what I can tell that's about the standard way to do things now. With small variances.

With your weapons selection that's how I'd roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with Vae.

Like I said, they are close enough to take the higher ilevel and be better off in most situations. With that said, everything equal:
    Aoe: TG > SMF by about 2-3%
    ST: SMF>TG by around 2-3%

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Agree with Vae.

Like I said, they are close enough to take the higher ilevel and be better off in most situations. With that said, everything equal:
    Aoe: TG > SMF by about 2-3%
    ST: SMF>TG by around 2-3%
    Important to keep in mind, the swing isn't even 2-3% most of the time. It is influenced more by the difference of stats on the weapons (in relation to your personal stats) than by 2h v 1h. The difference of 1h v 2h is closer to 1%.

As for what stat setup on weapons is "better" that actually shifts slightly every time you change your stats and is impossible to give a 100% answer unless your gear never changed again. The short version, take whatever you can get that has the highest ilvl, but prioritize Gruul sword > Kromog mace; and Furnace/Blackhand/Flamebender weapons over Thogars.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Important to keep in mind, the swing isn't even 2-3% most of the time. It is influenced more by the difference of stats on the weapons (in relation to your personal stats) than by 2h v 1h. The difference of 1h v 2h is closer to 1%.

As for what stat setup on weapons is "better" that actually shifts slightly every time you change your stats and is impossible to give a 100% answer unless your gear never changed again. The short version, take whatever you can get that has the highest ilvl, but prioritize Gruul sword > Kromog mace; and Furnace/Blackhand/Flamebender weapons over Thogars.
    this is exactly my problem, i can have 2 gruuls 691/685 or 2 thogars 685/685, but with the gruul swords I'm losing 4% haste getting to 16% haste raidbuffed and also 3,75% mastery which is why I came here asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    this is exactly my problem, i can have 2 gruuls 691/685 or 2 thogars 685/685, but with the gruul swords I'm losing 4% haste getting to 16% haste raidbuffed and also 3,75% mastery which is why I came here asking.
    Then your answer is simple, ilvl > all.

Even if they were equal ilvl the stats on Gruuls are better than the stats on Thogars.

To make it easy;

Highest ilvl > 2h = 1h

If equal ilvl: Gruul = Furnace/Black Hand/Flamebender > Kromog = Thogar

*Equal is a simplified metric. I know there are very minor variances, but the stats are close enough to be inconsequential.

Don't worry about the stat loss from going 2h -> 1h. This is made up for by the damage compensation from Single Minded Fury.

thank you very much!

so I went smf fury with a hc wf gruul sword and a hc kromog mace, like a good boy I simmed it and simcraft told me, my offhand weapondamage was a fair bit more relevant then my mainhand weapon dmg.
    really dreading to put the better weapon in the offhand and needing to go furius strikes (who doesnt hate wildstrike after all).

interestingly crit and haste simmed about equal (crit raidbuffed at about 27/28%, haste at around 14, 75%) while mastery a fair bit below the other two.

gotta say Im rather confused, considering mastery should be king.

Probably because you are right near a Haste breakpoint, which inflates the weight of the stat. Try doing a Reforge plot between Mastery and Haste and see what happens there. Most likely you'll see a rise in the first step (Haste gain) and a fall in the next. You can do the same with Crit <-> Haste and Crit <-> Mastery.

Off hand weapon damage is technically better for the 100-20% mark, especially if using Furious Strikes, but considerably weaker from 20%-0. I personally wouldn't suggest it.