Struggling Boomkin would like some assistance - Not all the weapon, surely?

Hi all, as title suggests i'm struggling with being a boomkin, this is embarrasing i'm this bad considering i used to rank on most fights through latter half of Cata.

I consider myself OK, but when you're 2m+ dmg off the pace with the real dps (logs have an ele shammy who's usually resto and our on again off again DK tank and a retadin who's usually holy) somethings wrong. I can pinpoint various things in the kill last night, such as i only used CDs twice, could have used 3 times, and at better times as well, I move too much (something i confirm when watching the video) sometimes i fluffed my rotation up a bit with empowered starfires+wraths casting in the wrong empowerment, could have had better uptime on dots.

I've been toying with the wrath opener, the one that resets trinket cooldowns but our tanks are very... hit and miss.. with the pulls, they do pull timers and i always prepot+inc but theyre not accurate enough for me to really precast anything without yanking bosses away

But my main issue in my eyes, is im loosing so much just due to my weapon (and poor ench that i will rectify when/if i ever get gruuls staff)
    other small things, switch the gems to +50 instead of +35, and replace the trinkets with the BRF ones, which i have yet to even see drop
    and the biggest one i suppose, get some tier

Flamebenders Log
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...tWNLR#fight=17

Armoury
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inial/advanced

any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks

you pretty much said everything you did wrong. dont move unless you have to, dont mess up your empowered buffs and always keep dots up

Deleted
    I am not great at reading boomy logs but I think you empower your Wrath too often compared with Starfire. You should always have a SS charge rdy when going into Lunar and dump most of your SS charges there und really just empower Solar when you are at 2 SS stacks when entering Solar or got some sick trinkets rolling.
    That bumped my dps up quite a bit.

i think it was just the way it worked out, we got the dogs when i was entering lunar so i spent charges on starfall instead of ss, yea need to just finely hone the empowerments make sure i use them while in the particular state

Try Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RCS22F5Pc
    Talents are Inc/eup. I have just learned that balance of power might be worth it, but will test that later.

For the opener and timer, use inc/pot right before the counter hit 2. use SS 1. and then Cele/moonfire in a macro with trinkets and racial.

for the tank issue, just use SS on 1 everytime at more or less max distance. when the boss gets pulled they will wake up for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I have looked at ur log. Save ur inc/cele to 2nd sets of dogs. Use reju on ppl, it is not ur job to keep ppl alive, if u rly wanna help on healing, then use Natures Vigil. and when dogs are up, only use Starfall, I assume u dont have the crit to both Starfall and starsurge, but starfall will be better dmg for you. and ofc keep both moonfire and sunfire up on both dogs. but u are lacking alot of dmg from Starfire. Starfire should do about 2x of wraths dmg, take or give a Little.