Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

6.2 seems like the most underhyped patch of all-time.

Getting one of the best looking raids of all time, both aesthetically and in terms of the gameplay.

Getting one of the most commonly requested features of the current time, Mythic Dungeons.

Getting one of the most commonly requested features of all time, Timewalker Dungeons.

Getting a much larger, much more dangerous, much more lore relevant Timeless Isle-like piece of content.

A new PvP season looks like it is coming.

Blizzard bringing back a higher level of fun with the gear, with newer, more unique trinket effects, and going crazy with adding these unique and tactical raid-wide ring effects.

New mounts. New battle pets. Other new casual stuff.

And yet where is the hype? Are people still that bitter about the post-launch and 6.1 that they can't praise Blizzard when the next great thing is about to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    And yet where is the hype? Are people still that bitter about the post-launch and 6.1 that they can't praise Blizzard when the next great thing is about to arrive?
    Probably because most of the shit you've listed should've launched with the expansion, not been a patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Getting one of the best looking raids of all time, both aesthetically and in terms of the gameplay.

Getting one of the most commonly requested features of the current time, Mythic Dungeons.

Getting one of the most commonly requested features of all time, Timewalker Dungeons.

Getting a much larger, much more dangerous, much more lore relevant Timeless Isle-like piece of content.

Blizzard bringing back a higher level of fun with the gear, with newer, more unique trinket effects, and going crazy with adding these unique and tactical raid-wide ring effects.

You have a lot of brown on your nose. You should look to clean that off.

How exactly do you know about its quality in terms of gameplay?

Even though I'm a half/wannabe mythic raider, I'm sick of the multiple difficulties of the same raid, how will the Dungeons be any different?
    New actual dungeons has been the most commonly requested dungeon-related feature and we get non of them.

From the looks of it, it seems that we'll be getting this twice in every 7 weekends (based on what we/I know atm), so it's nowhere near to what people have been asking, although I reckon it's just a testing step now, heading for full implementation in the next expansion or something.

The WoD areas looked pretty nifty in the reviews, and a lot of them are, but there's no replayability so what is there to guarantee us that this will be different?

New PvP seasons have been coming every 2 major patches since ages. Nothing to be "hyped" about.

See more recolors and we also don't know if we'll have the grindfest we've had so far to acquire them.

The thing is I am actually hyped about the patch cause I am primarily a raider and I love shadow council/burning legion stuff so just the raid does it for me, but it can't be that difficult why people might be disappointed with it.

plenty of hype in gchat. at work, team speak. skype so far.

You know. where it matters and you can have a valid discussion without being bashed beacuse some 12 year old 3000 miles away thinks you're a knight in shiny armor and starts calling you things.

majority of the reasoning people have left forums frankly. they just cant deal with the shit anymore. and i agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

You already did all bosses? Or how do you know gameplay there is good... All we know it could just as well be 13 times Blast Furnace in there.

Unless the bosses in Mythic dungeons actually do have different mechanics - where exactly is the difference between Challenge Mode and Mythic Dungeons? One drops loot, the other doesn't?

Only available at 2 out of 7 weekends.

Farming Timeless Isle was fun for how long?

That's to be expected.

I seriously doubt that the rings are "tactical". It's just another Bloodlust. Once you know when you'd use it, your dedicated ring-clicker will just click it.

Several of the class trinkets also seem kind of inferior (too restrictive in what they do) to the more unique proc trinkets.

What's the "other new casual stuff" you're talking about?

Deleted
    I can't speak about other players, but the retarded nerfs/buffs to completely wrong classes pretty much removed any excitement I could have had from the patch notes.

Ret pally, shadow priest, WW monk, are already mediocre speccs, generally unwanted in serious raiding guilds (or even in pugs), and they are getting fucking NERFED? While BM huntards are left untouched, and ferals+rogues get BUFFED? What the actual fuck.

Any excitement about burning legion raid, new outdoor content, timewalker dungeons etc etc got overshadowed by this stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far we've gotten only a glimpse of what it looks like. Of the gameplay we know nothing yet.

They're on a weekly lockout, aren't they? So unless we can do Timewalker Mythic they're not a big timesink.

This is great, but the weekend-only thing is kinda strange. Gonna have to see how it plays out.

Tanaan? I must've missed them saying anything like this about it.

As expected.

Okay.

Like what?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    plenty of hype in gchat. at work, team speak. skype so far.

You know. where it matters and you can have a valid discussion without being bashed beacuse some 12 year old 3000 miles away thinks you're a knight in shiny armor and starts calling you things.

majority of the reasoning people have left forums frankly. they just cant deal with the shit anymore. and i agree.
    Calling people "12 year old", what a great & mature argument. That showed them alright!
    No! forums should only sing praises of the lord Blizzard, it should be an echo chamber.

Deleted
    Highly unlikely. It will never be able to even hope to compete with the likes of Ulduar, Tempest Keep, Throne 4 Winds, Mogu'shan or even Throne of Thunder aesthetically.
    In terms of gameplay, it has nothing special going for it either.

I prefer less hype. Blizz normally hype up any shit feature like its the second coming. I'd rather have neutral expectations and be surprised / disappointed as appropriate than have it hyped to high heavens and have no choice but to feel it fell short of the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    You have a lot of brown on your nose. You should look to clean that off.
    So someone simply listing things that will be in the patch is brown nosing? Stating simple facts is brown nosing to you?? Oh the sadness of some people.

FYI, not much larger and absolutely not more dangerous. The PTRs just started, sure, but the current state of Tanaan is very meh, it's just like another Draenor zone, only half as small and with less (not more) usual attractions = rares / treasures, battle pets. The only daily so far is an apexis one, exactly the same as those we already had.

Current Tanaan is way worse than Timeless Isle, and if we talk about Isle of Thunder + Isle of Giants, there's just no comparison, current Tanaan is *nothing* compared to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Highly unlikely. It will never be able to even hope to compete with the likes of Ulduar, Tempest Keep, Throne 4 Winds, Mogu'shan or even Throne of Thunder aesthetically.
    And why is that?

I am not on the PTR, so I would not know. But I assume you are by the way you write.

This will be a fun patch, I can't wait to see the size of the Hellfire Citadel, it will be like seeing Black Temple for the first time, and being like "Whoa! This is going to be crazy!"

Which is anything but a good thing to be honest, to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Well... Let's see it before we call it the "one of the best looking raids of all time" or making any judgments whatsoever about it, huh?

The rest of what you said is spot on, imo. Buuuuuuuut I don't think it's underhyped? There's a new thread on GD every 15 minutes, I'm not sure what else you were expecting for something announced less than half a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted

1. Pure opinion. The raid looks like another BRF to me, just with more green

2. Mythic Dungeons have one problem: too low ilvl drops to be relevant

3. The similiarities between the requested feature and what we get in 6.2 end with the same name (Timewalker Dungeons). People wanted something different.

4. Yeah, Draenor should be dangerous and packed with outdoor content also. Only for my Garrison Followers so far, tho!

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to hate on Blizzard too much. Like there's a lot of valid criticism but this forum likes to go to the extreme.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    2. Mythic Dungeons have one problem: too low ilvl drops to be relevant
    Also your opinion. Making them drop raid-level items completely destroys the core of PvE, which is raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    People wanted something different.
    People don't know what they want.
    "Blizzard, my class has too many buttons" -Okay, here's less buttons. "Blizzard, my class doesn't have enough buttons you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we hate flying" -Okay, no flying. "Blizzard, we want flying you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we don't want dailies" -Okay, no dailies. "Blizzard, we want dailies you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we hate having to do scenarios for valor" -Okay, no valor, no scenarios. "Blizzard, we want valor and scenarios you ruined the game."
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-04-17 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Trust no future, however pleasant it may sound.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!