Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    You think that people actually like to raid and don't do it just because thats where the best gear is located.

Neat.
    I like to raid and I don't give a rats ass about gear. its a means to and end.

So there you go, proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Getting one of the best looking raids of all time, both aesthetically and in terms of the gameplay.

Getting one of the most commonly requested features of the current time, Mythic Dungeons.

Getting one of the most commonly requested features of all time, Timewalker Dungeons.

Getting a much larger, much more dangerous, much more lore relevant Timeless Isle-like piece of content.

A new PvP season looks like it is coming.

Blizzard bringing back a higher level of fun with the gear, with newer, more unique trinket effects, and going crazy with adding these unique and tactical raid-wide ring effects.

New mounts. New battle pets. Other new casual stuff.

And yet where is the hype? Are people still that bitter about the post-launch and 6.1 that they can't praise Blizzard when the next great thing is about to arrive?
    There is a societal mentality right now that is bordering schizophrenia, which is basically people thinking that everyone is against them or their fun.

It's almost as if people forgot that business like Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft and EA are not the guys creating the games, but rather some smaller studios which actually care about delivering content. This is particularly true for Blizzard Entertainment, which is one of the unique business that have the luxury of releasing things when they want, the way they want because they deliver quality.

And yet, people find a way to twist things to make it fit into their point of view that Blizzard actually don't give a damn about them.

Why would you even pay for a game where you believe the devs are against you is beyond me, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I like to raid and I don't give a rats ass about gear. its a means to and end.

So there you go, proven wrong.
    "At least 30% of my raid wouldn't turn up if the best gear wasn't there" - You.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    People don't know what they want.
    "Blizzard, my class has too many buttons" -Okay, here's less buttons. "Blizzard, my class doesn't have enough buttons you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we hate flying" -Okay, no flying. "Blizzard, we want flying you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we don't want dailies" -Okay, no dailies. "Blizzard, we want dailies you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we having to do scenarios for valor" -Okay, no valor, no scenarios. "Blizzard, we want valor and scenarios you ruined the game."
    maybe not everyone playing the game have the same opinion

Deleted
    "At least 30% of my raid wouldn't turn up if the best gear wasn't there" - You.
    So 70% would, which is a bigger number then 30% last time I checked.

Also you said:

You think that people actually like to raid and don't do it just because thats where the best gear is located.

So by saying I personally raid for fun, already makes your whole comment .. Bullshit.

You are welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I am absolutely terrified that WoD is only going to have one patch. (6.1 isn't worthy of being called a patch) WoD is worse than Cataclysm. It had so much potential too. And I'm afraid that people are going to blame it on the hardcore players, like they did in Cata... and they will make things too easy again.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

A lot of 6.2 content should have been at launch. And the fear that 6.2 is the only, and last major patch is a tangible one as well.

Personally, I lost faith in blizzard. especially after 6.1
    Edit Signature.

If I were half as bitter and butthurt as the perpetual naysayers, I'd have quit the game (and haunting the forums to boot) a long time ago. Go play a WoW killer and bitch to their devs all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    If I were half as bitter and butthurt as the perpetual naysayers, I'd have quit the game (and haunting the forums to boot) a long time ago. Go play a WoW killer and bitch to their devs all the time.
    Having tons of fun with 6.1 a worse patch than 4.1?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Sorry, but this is the only thing I can think of reading this post

Yeah I get it, everyone likes being rewarded. But you shouldn't expect to be showered in purples for taking 15 minutes out of your day to Bladestorm through Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. The "You should do this even though you don't like it" mentality is gone at this point. Things are ingame for you to do if you enjoy them. Blizzard thinks - and I agree - that you should do dungeons because you like doing dungeons, not because you have to do dungeons. Yeah, there's a point after you hit 100 when you have to do dungeons if you plan to raid, and that's fine. Not many people enjoy leveling, but they still have to do it because it's part of the gaming experience, and that's fine. But imagine if the level cap was 200, and endgame content was balanced for 100s. People would still level to 200 just because no one would take them to raids otherwise.

Right, my bad, forgot about the +5 in the hotfix. Either way my point still stands.
    You misinterpret what I said, did I talk about blade storming through a zone for 15 mins? No. I meant dailies that take up to two-4 weeks to complete. Actual grind activities, not *any* activity. I did the fishing dailies for a water walking mount but I am not going to do draenor daily zones for a mount that does nothing different than the 200 other mounts I have.

"Just another BRF" Blackrock Foundry has been one of the best raids in recent years. On par with ToT, but non-linear and better than ANY Cata raid.

Neat.
    And you think people raid because they... what? Want a bigger ilvl than everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishiyumi View Post
    maybe not everyone playing the game have the same opinion
    But that's my point. There's no general consensus for us to be able to say "Okay, THIS is what the people want."

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    "Just another BRF" Blackrock Foundry has been one of the best raids in recent years. On par with ToT, but non-linear and better than ANY Cata raid.
    Well, your opinion. Mine's that it was "good", but nowhere near as good as T11 (BWD, T4W, BoT).

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You misinterpret what I said, did I talk about blade storming through a zone for 15 mins? No. I meant dailies that take up to two-4 weeks to complete. Actual grind activities, not *any* activity. I did the fishing dailies for a water walking mount but I am not going to do draenor daily zones for a mount that does nothing different than the 200 other mounts I have.
    I don't think I did - you want mythic dungeons to be more rewarding, right? Well, there's a limit to how rewarding they can be. Dungeons are not high-end content, period. Never have been, never will be. If they drop the same ilvl as mythic raids, then you're somehow putting them on the same level, even though their difficulty is worlds apart. Mythic dungeons already drop better gear than normal BRF, which is INSANE. Again, it's no different from dueling someone outside of Orgrimmar and getting conquest points. If you want mythic dungeons to drop the same ilvl as mythic or even heroic Helfire Citadel, then what you're asking is basically for you to suddenly not just be able to do the hardest PvE content without ever having stepped into that raid before - which is out of the question on its own, but to outgear it without ever having stepped foot into the raid. Heroic dungeons don't gear you for heroic raids. Mythic dungeons shouldn't gear you for mythic raids, it's that simple.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-04-17 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    And you think people raid because they... what? Want a bigger ilvl than everyone else?
    No, just a bigger ilvl than they themselves had yesterday.

While I accept that many players like raiding just for the raiding(I have to because I do myself) most players are there for the increase in their own characters power.

Any raid leader or guild leader will tell you the same thing.

No, just a bigger ilvl than they themselves had yesterday.

While I accept that many players like raiding just for the raiding(I have to because I do myself) most players are there for the increase in their own characters power.

Any raid leader or guild leader will tell you the same thing.
    Yeah dude, that's why all those games with no interaction where numbers just go up are so much more popular than WoW.

Theres no hype cuz ppl lost trust in Blizzard,theres nothing blizz can do about it,except maybe revert game back to MOP and apologise to us,with refund and so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    Yeah dude, that's why all those games with no interaction where numbers just go up are so much more popular than WoW.
    Skyrim, Fallout 3, The Witcher, Dragon Age, Kotor etc all say hi.

While laughing at your comment.

What do all those games have in common? They end once you have either seen the story or finished maxing out your character. mmoRPG.

Skyrim, Fallout 3, The Witcher, Dragon Age, Kotor etc all say hi.

While laughing at your comment.

What do all those games have in common? They end once you have either seen the story or finished maxing out your character. mmoRPG.
    You completely missed my point and made some bizarre comment about RPGs. Not sure what you're going for here.

Anyway, my comment was that people raid because - get this - they like to raid. The numbers going up is an aspect, sure, but you can abstract that out (and people already have, multiple times) and it's not popular. People like playing games.

I don't think I did - you want mythic dungeons to be more rewarding, right? Well, there's a limit to how rewarding they can be. Dungeons are not high-end content, period. Never have been, never will be. If they drop the same ilvl as mythic raids, then you're somehow putting them on the same level, even though their difficulty is worlds apart. Mythic dungeons already drop better gear than normal BRF, which is INSANE. Again, it's no different from dueling someone outside of Orgrimmar and getting conquest points. If you want mythic dungeons to drop the same ilvl as mythic or even heroic Helfire Citadel, then what you're asking is basically for you to suddenly not just be able to do the hardest PvE content without ever having stepped into that raid before - which is out of the question on its own, but to outgear it without ever having stepped foot into the raid. Heroic dungeons don't gear you for heroic raids. Mythic dungeons shouldn't gear you for mythic raids, it's that simple.
    Did I say anything about Mythic dungeons? No. Did I say anything about drops in dungeons? No. I guess that would fall under misinterpreting what I said. I mentioned daily rewards only. Foot, mouth, you connect the dots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    You completely missed my point and made some bizarre comment about RPGs. Not sure what you're going for here.

Anyway, my comment was that people raid because - get this - they like to raid. The numbers going up is an aspect, sure, but you can abstract that out (and people already have, multiple times) and it's not popular. People like playing games.
    Some people do, and as I said I like to raid myself.

Butm having said that, if you'd ever run a guild for any length of time, most players are only interested in getting more player power for their own characters. Those players do not actually very care where it comes from or would even prefer to do some other type of content to get the same gear.