Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    her associates probably aren't even that mad at her but are overreacting and cutting her loose just because of upset people who sit at home and look at cat videos all day. someone doesn't deserve to lose their job over this. taking someone's job from them is not going to fix anything and just shits all over someone else's life for longer than someone is going to be sad and get a new cat.
    As a life long pet owner who has lived more place than the average person due to my employment, i have known and befriended many veterinarians over the course of my existence, and of the ones i have known, every single one would have fired Kristen Lindsey immediately and with extreme prejudice.

This type of behavior and mentality is not endemic in the profession, as it requires a large amount of personal and professional empathy when dealing with pets of all types.

Even people that kill pets for a living (euthanasia) would be horrified to even know a person such as this, as this attitude goes against the very nature of the profession and oaths taken when pursuing it.

If this woman wasn't in the animal field, where she vowed to protect animals and shit, it wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal as it is.

The problem here is her chosen profession and that cats aren't a sanctioned animal for hunting. The woman, justifiably, lost her job because she forsake the oath she took to protect animals AND broke the law in the process.

If the woman, who is a vet, had an issue with a possible feral/stray cat, which is an assumption on her part, she should have done the right thing and live captured the animal. The animal could have been tested for a chip and possibly tracked to the owner.

I love animals and I will go to bat for my own animals every day of the week, take an arrow for one of them, if need be. I, also, know plenty of people who could give two shits about cats or even dogs, but as a vet, you aren't supposed to those type of people.

Killing cats or dogs, like this, is wrong because we have laws that protect them. Therefore, all the people who "see nothing wrong with it", need to revisit why we have laws.

Lets say your child's teacher spanks them. A) It's against the law and B) they are supposed to be protecting children. Even if you accept it's okay to spank your own child once in awhile, do you think it's okay for A TEACHER to do it?

Same thing here, you might not agree with the law on killing feral/stray cats, but that doesn't make it okay for a person, let alone a vet, to do it.
    Last edited by krykiett; 2015-04-18 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Same can be said about people i guess, lots die everyday from neglect/war/violence/starvation but why should it matter? your mother or father die when some stranger puts a bolt through their heads cause they enjoy killing people. Guess wouldn't matter since people die all the time right? Seems a silly reason to focus on the "well animals die all the time aspect" and not on the cruelty it takes to enjoy killing someones beloved pet.

Imagine if this wasn't just a pet to an old couple but maybe they had brought it for their grandchild who loved it unconditionally, they then would have to explain why someone would do such a thing if that kid found out.
    That's what im pointing out women getting gang raped and killed children dying all the time from aids and starvation then more americans becoming homeless because jobs are being sent to other countries no one says a damn word except lets pretend we are doing something by giving our prayers.

Then we have wars and kids committing suicide, hunters killing rare animals and always the same response good men and women died for a good reason or its sad that the kid died and next day its a normal day.

And people dying in prison, billions of aminals getting killed for consumption and so much land being torn down taken away from the animals because teenagers don't know how to use condoms and no one says anything while working americans are getting taxed to feed his or her child. I know its wrong to kill animals but to make it on the news to get people worked up? or am i just too old i seen it all and its getting annoying hearing it so many times? is that what old folks mean by the world always repeats itself round and round it goes repeating the same events?

And yeah the criminal killing my parents well there's nothing you can do about it except send him to jail and get taxed to feed him with a roof over his head unless its the wild west days. That's how criminals think but if i killed that criminal for killing my parents then that would make me a criminal too. My parents are gonna die then im gonna die and my kids are gonna die from old age/accidents or killed by something or from being stupid. But i don't know that's my point of view and it would be nice if i can change things by myself? by the time they read my message it will probably be in 300 years or before earth gets sucked up by the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by krykiett View Post
    Killing cats or dogs, like this, is wrong because we have laws that protect them. Therefore, all the people who "see nothing wrong with it", need to revisit why we have laws.
    So if we got rid of the law tomorrow you'd be okay with killing cats? That's how this reads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulina View Post
    This type of behavior and mentality is not endemic in the profession, as it requires a large amount of personal and professional empathy when dealing with pets of all types.
    well the only vet i have ever known charged my mother to put down a dog with a huge tumor on it's ass, so excuse me if im a little skeptical when you try to bring moral high ground into this.

i mean that tumor was about the size of a football and the dog had already bitten it open when it was smaller and almost bled out.

that's pretty morally bankrupt if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    That's what im pointing out women getting gang raped and killed children dying all the time from aids and starvation then more americans becoming homeless because jobs are being sent to other countries no one says a damn word except lets pretend we are doing something by giving our prayers.

Then we have wars and kids committing suicide, hunters killing rare animals and always the same response good men and women died for a good reason or its sad that the kid died and next day its a normal day.

And people dying in prison, billions of aminals getting killed for consumption and so much land being torn down taken away from the animals because teenagers don't know how to use condoms and no one says anything while working americans are getting taxed to feed his or her child. I know its wrong to kill animals but to make it on the news to get people worked up? or am i just too old i seen it all and its getting annoying hearing it so many times? is that what old folks mean by the world always repeats itself round and round it goes repeating the same events?

And yeah the criminal killing my parents well there's nothing you can do about it except send him to jail and get taxed to feed him with a roof over his head unless its the wild west days. That's how criminals think but if i killed that criminal for killing my parents then that would make me a criminal too. My parents are gonna die then im gonna die and my kids are gonna die from old age/accidents or killed by something or from being stupid. But i don't know that's my point of view and it would be nice if i can change things by myself? by the time they read my message it will probably be in 300 years or before earth gets sucked up by the sun.
    You are totally right!

lets list every single possible violation of humanity here, and compare them all to murdering pets.

I mean, there are starving kids in africa somewhere, god forbid i eat a cheeseburger, right?

Maybe since Jeffry Dahmer killed and ate a bunch of people, we can all point our fingers and complain about people who are racially profiled and criticize them for having the gall to protest being arrested for the crime of being black, instead of addressing someone who kills and eats people!

Your post makes zero sense, and you should feel ashamed for writing it.

yeah, she'd die if i had my way.

You are totally right!

lets list every single possible violation of humanity here, and compare them all to murdering pets.

I mean, there are starving kids in africa somewhere, god forbid i eat a cheeseburger, right?

Maybe since Jeffry Dahmer killed and ate a bunch of people, we can all point our fingers and complain about people who are racially profiled and criticize them for having the gall to protest being arrested for the crime of being black, instead of addressing someone who kills and eats people!

Your post makes zero sense, and you should feel ashamed for writing it.
    He's making the exact same argument you are...and you tell him to be ashamed. Get some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    well the only vet i have ever known charged my mother to put down a dog with a huge tumor on it's ass, so excuse me if im a little skeptical when you try to bring moral high ground into this.

i mean that tumor was about the size of a football and the dog had already bitten it open when it was smaller and almost bled out.

that's pretty morally bankrupt if you ask me.
    I have been charged every single time for euthanizing my pets that were too sick to live without extreme pain.

So, because your mom's dog had a tumor, you wanted to get free euthanasia?

The drugs to do that cost money.
    The schooling involved to administer them costs money.

The vet provided a service to your mom, opposed to letting her dog take its time to horrifically die from natural causes (tumor).
    But it is 'morally bankrupt' to expect the vet to receive compensation?

I think its 'morally bankrupt' to expect a vet to euthanize a pet for free, since that is what they do for a living and put food on their table..

I'd advise anyone that actually cares about such matters and understands the difference between animal abuse and what is socially acceptable no longer post in this thread. The majority have been taken over by that word we can't say here anymore, and they're just feeding off of the argument. Let it go, let the thread end, and lets all move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    He's making the exact same argument you are...and you tell him to be ashamed. Get some perspective.
    I am mocking him for an outrageous position that claims there is no reason to be incensed over pet murder because other bad things exist in the world.

I am mocking him for an outrageous position that claims there is no reason to be incensed over pet murder because other bad things exist in the world.
    You're telling him he's outrageous for being incensed over injustices when you're incensed over different injustices. Do you really need to agree on the weight of every injustice in the world? You're both arguing the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Karma is a bitch... And I love it!
    She got what she deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    So if we got rid of the law tomorrow you'd be okay with killing cats? That's how this reads.
    No it doesn't. It reads that we have laws for a reason, to stop people doing bad things without recrimination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krykiett View Post
    If this woman wasn't in the animal field, where she vowed to protect animals and shit, it wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal as it is.
    (...)
    Same thing here, you might not agree with the law on killing feral/stray cats, but that doesn't make it okay for a person, let alone a vet, to do it.
    Uhm, actually a huge part of a vet's work consists of putting down animals that are dangerous, harmful or too sick or injured to be healed. So a vet is not only a doctor, he/she is also a professional executioner/euthanasia expert.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the cat didn't have a collar then imo it could be seen as feral and open game. Plain and simple, get your pets licensed and welcome to reality of outside... cars and people kill pets. You want fluffy safe make it an indoor cat. Being proud of killing a cat seems meh imo, its not like its dangerous or even skittish most the time. So no challenge other than the aimed shot. But hell all those people wanting blood for what she did... never been hunting before. Hell I have been on a hunt where my brother shot a deer in the ass... longest walk to find that thing ever then finally put it down before taking it back. Not everything is simple, those who are wanting to kill or do harm to this woman live in a black and white world. Now that is a scarier thing than a dead cat...

Deleted
    The most appalling thing about this are people like this:

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, she'd die if i had my way.

It's annoying when people come up and say "instant karma", "karma is a bitch" etc. You keep using that word ... I do not think it means what you think it means!

Facebook and twitter are bad. Never join those.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosef1015 View Post
    feeling proud after a kill is normal for hunters, shes not a psycho. and by the looks of the picture it was a damn nice shot. something to be proud of indeed.
    Vets shouldn't be hunters though. It's like all those cases of doctors and nurses who kill their patients for the thrill.