How long does it take to set up a garrison?

If i were to have a fresh 100, how long would it take me to get a maxed out garrison? Am I fucked if i want to switch main for next tier?

10+ Year Old Account
    not too long but you will need a good amount of gold and garnison supply for the blueprints / constructions
    C'était mieux demain !

if you farm all the rares on dreanor you can get it rather quikly i dinged 100 and the same day i had the lvl 3 garrison
    I'm a special snowflake deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Canitnerd View Post
    Am I fucked if i want to switch main for next tier?
    Since when are you obligated to need a max'd garrison to reroll? i recently swapped, got my war mill to lvl2 and thats it. since you mention tier, only reason to have a garrison at all is basically raid missions.. not sure why you'd need lvl3 full house for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Your garrison really won't affect you too much if you switch, the only thing you'll lose out on is the raid missions.

On topic though depends how much garrison resources you've got stockpiled and gold youre willing to spend. Then its really just the build times.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Your garrison really won't affect you too much if you switch, the only thing you'll lose out on is the raid missions.

On topic though depends how much garrison resources you've got stockpiled and gold youre willing to spend. Then its really just the build times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Since when are you obligated to need a max'd garrison to reroll? i recently swapped, got my war mill to lvl2 and thats it. since you mention tier, only reason to have a garrison at all is basically raid missions.. not sure why you'd need lvl3 full house for that.
    Missing out on that free mythic piece a week, + free components of the legendary quest, + whatever the shipyard ends up giving you would be pretty bad.

Does garrison resources stockpiled on my main help my alt in any way?

Farm rares and go around collecting all the treasures is a good way to start. Bunch of quests in the higher level zones give you resources too if you haven't completed them.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Advice: use your alt + inn and switch every follower for one with treasure hunter. Its a WONDER

Can promise you that your followers will have enough ilvl before you got the kills for mythic mission. therefor the backstand goes into kills, and not garrison
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    As Sarodan said, do the rares and if your quick within a day or two you can have lvl 3

Deleted
    At the same time I would advise you to be conservative with garrison resource spending... In the first phases, you'll be able to get a lot of resources from one-off sources such as treasures and quests... however if you don't spend it wisely you can easily find yourself looking for more in the mid-phases (upgrading your garrison to level 3 and immediately after that). when your follower business begins operating at full speed, this ceases to be a concern again but do keep this mid-phase scarcity in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I rarely have a 100% chance to beat a raid mission, even with 25 lv 100 followers and all at ilv 675.
    How is this even possible? Out of my 12 lvl 100s, I think I only have 3/96 raid missions that aren't 100%, and I'm fairly sure they're 97% even. Are you stacking 25x same abilities or something odd?

Quote Originally Posted by Canitnerd View Post
    If i were to have a fresh 100, how long would it take me to get a maxed out garrison? Am I fucked if i want to switch main for next tier?
    seting up garrison will be fast , but geting all 25 followers to 675 will take you around 2 months

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    H
    And if you now after 6 months think you "need" that one "free" mythic armour piece to progress in raids (when you actually need to have the proper and maxed out followers to beat the garrison mission).....then you need to think again. More often than not, the stats on them have turned out terrible for me.
    you would change your mind if you got 2 BiS BrF mythic trinkets without single mythic kill on alt

I am at a loss as to what this has to do with switching to another main, but the only thing gating you "maxing" your garrison out - is the hour time to upgrade a building and any resources you might need for the upgrade.

I reread some posts and see why you are worried it will effect your main. You are referring to the free mission gear and the legendary ring pieces. Well yea you are right there for the ring - you need it really on your main and it does become faster/easier to get with a maxed garrison.
    Last edited by slime; 2015-04-19 at 01:55 PM.

The longest build up on garrisons is getting the followers all leveled to epic (because they all start green... blast them) and having your salvage yard and bunker turn up enough weapon and armour for them for running the raid missions. If your alt doesn't speed level (read get them through the portal and then pick up garrison resources every couple of days and level the initial followers, you can expedite the process when you get around to hitting 100 on the character. My hunter hit 100 about three days ago and did her first highmaul raid already. All of my alts run the same garrison though aimed at getting a bunch of treasure hunters to run treasure missions (inn3, salvage3, bunker2/3, barracks3).