[Megathread] World of Warships

The game is a World of tanks variant, all naval, from fast hard to spot and hit torpedo focused destroyers to battle ships with the big guns and aircraft carriers.

The games is not in close beta soon to be open beta, they have preorde ships/bundles that are coming with beta access atm https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/

In pratice it's actualy better than world of tanks...not so much focus atm on anumition types(gold) and more about skill and placment.

You'll start off in co-op battles, until you level your account a bit(dosen't actualy take long) where you'll be playing aginst bots which...are...unpredictable, as you level the account you unlock rewards, more silver, free exp access to random battles, ship comanders and upgrades on the way to level 6, there are two additional levels which are locked atm.

There is your usual daily bonus to exp generation and there are daily missions which will get you silver or a chunk of free experience.
    -------------[EDIT]------------

There are 3 daily missions when you first unlock them, when you complete them they are on a timer before they are available again, basicaly unlocking 1 every day, you can go a few days without logging in and have access to all three...which is good for people that are fairly busy.

More Videos here including specific ships and how they play https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...WcQ8aNmdaEtfEU
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2015-04-21 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impressive! Looks highly enjoyable.. assuming it is going to be FTP like WOT?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Yup...free to play, so far there isn't any premium ammo, just some premium ships and premium account status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    so far there isn't any premium ammo
    Long may it last
    Will probably give this a go when it hits open beta, WoT was OK for a bit, really didn't like WoWp but this can't be as wrongly done as that

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Long may it last
    Will probably give this a go when it hits open beta, WoT was OK for a bit, really didn't like WoWp but this can't be as wrongly done as that
    I don't think anyone really liked world of warplanes :S

But gold ammo just dosen't fit, the ammo costs atm are near non existant because hitting the target is much harder in general since you need to adjust for range and speed not to mention if the enemy hits the breaks or turns.

The only thing atm which is anoying is the matchmaking but i expect thats because it's beta and they need to get people playing rather than sit in a queue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of WoWP. It felt like it was designed such that it was very hard to "out-fly" someone. At least not compared to War Thunder, where it was entirely possible for me to shake multiple people off and/or take them down because the actual flying was more involved.
    Too bad the Navy Ship thing hasn't happened in War Thunder yet... is it ever going to happen?

Too bad the Navy Ship thing hasn't happened in War Thunder yet... is it ever going to happen?
    2017 for beta is what I have seen bandied around :/

Still got the tanks currently ingame to balance (haha) and add in the Brit and Jap tanks and maybe sort out the BR for planes (ahahahahaaaa) and then they will do navy branch

so mad that the day after I unlocked the F7F it shot up to 6.7BR in arcade :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Also should note, Wargaming is handing out CBT keys on their facebook post, regarding the CBT reward (USS Arkansas, a tier IV Premium Cruiser), throughout the day of 12JUNE2015. Also, the Arkansas class cruiser is for all those testers who complete 50 battles on the CBT. As an extreme casual player, maybe an hour or 2 every other night after work, I thoroughly enjoy the play style. However, there are some lag/fps issues during extreme gunfire battles, but I believe that is do to my machine being slightly crippled; yet it isn't bad enough to force me to stop playing.

Possibly the most epic game trailer ever made. Watch in 1080p ftw.

Also in other news World of Tanks is about to surpass World of Warcraft in gamer activity (Raptr gamer activity, so player activity in the EU/NA/Oceania, the West. World of Tanks already rapes WoW in Russia and China). Only one place to go!

How prescient that World of Tanks made a trailer showing them rolling over generic fantasy MMO so many years ago (they already stomped all over EVE, the other parody trailer they made, many years ago)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having fun with it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I got an e-mail for the open beta. Looks like everyone can download it now. Been playing it for a couple of hours and having a lot of fun. WoT wasn't my thing but the slightly slower pace of WoW is a perfect pace for me.

Been playing this since last night and it's good fun, not quite as grindy as WoT or WoWP (yet)

I'm been having a blast so far I have zero complaints.

But it's beta so we get the free repairs, free xp boost and free ship slots.

So a lot of it will hang on how much grind they will shove into the release version.

Picked this up yesterday. Realized I was firing on allies at 3:45. Made boom boom noises during my sleep.

After playing some more I have to conclude that the matchmaking is as shoddy as the other games in the series. Just once I'd like to be the highest rank in a battle, or even second highest rank, but no I'm constantly matched against ships 3 tiers higher that just annihilate me and my team. Had one just now where the enemy team had 4 rank 5's and 3 rank 4's then rank 3's to round them off whilst we had all rank 2 and 3's and this happens far more often than not

Up until now, I've yet to be put in a match with a clear difference in power between the teams, although some upgrades literally double your damage output, so ship rank in itself doesn't say all that much.

this game is off the hook fun!! and its free

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Up until now, I've yet to be put in a match with a clear difference in power between the teams, although some upgrades literally double your damage output, so ship rank in itself doesn't say all that much.
    Yeah it seems not playing at ridiculous o'clock helped that issue Sadly I've now reached the point where it's become a massive grind so I've pretty much stopped playing already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its nice to see that you can beat a higher tier ship pritty easily with even the basic stuff. HE and Torpedo's will wreck annything!
    Japanese cruisers are the best!

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving this game. German battleships are so fun. I am also really enjoying my Belfast!
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes